Reminder: INFRAORBITAL RIM IMPLANTS DO NOT PROVIDE "((UNDER EYE SUPPORT))"

I need them rn bro. its gnna ascend my eye area so much.

Infraorbital rim implants do not go anywhere near your eye. Feel the skin just below your eye. You will feel the upper part of a bone that is a few mm below the eye. The infraorbital rim implant, unless it is saddled, does not go above that bone. It simply makes that bone more forward. As such, it does not provide any "undereye support." In order to provide undereye support strictly speaking something needs to go in that soft area. Whether it's a saddle, fat grafts, or fillers.

The notion of "under eye support" is an abstract one that obscures the real reason why certain people have areas immediately below the eyes that look bad. That reason is that the upper maxilla does not harmonize well with the lower maxilla. What people call good "under eye support" should rather be called: "an important element in upper maxillary fullness."

They really need to rename the bone something else. By calling it infraorbital 80iq dumbfucks on incel boards are, since the title of the bone includes the word "orbital," cognitively disabled from processing the information that the implant may in fact have little to do with your eyes at all. Or, at best, its effects on the eyes are secondary and are a positive illusion created from augmenting the upper maxilla.

Like this girl:

Image0

Image0

This was a saddled infraorbital rim implant. Not only did it reduce her scleral show, and not only did it improve her orbital vector (and these two things in and of themselves are not really that big of a deal), the entire area between her eye and her nose now appears to be forward projected. Like, it helped "support her eyes," sure, I guess, but her entire midface now harmonizes so much better. The primary aesthetic benefit was on the midface, not the eyes.
Good thread