Replacing starch with simple sugars = energy through the roof

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I recently cut out starches from my diet and replaced them with simple sugars (fruit, honey, molasses, refined sugar etc.) while keeping my daily calorie intake the same and oh boy... I haven't felt this good and energetic in years, both mentally and physically. I still eat in a moderate calorie deficit and only have one meal per day, but eating large amounts of simple sugars makes me feel as if I weren't even doing intermittent fasting. I don't even need caffeine anymore because my energy is through the roof. I still a enjoy a cup or two of black coffee for the taste and warmth, but I don't need it anymore to get me going. I have zero cravings, hunger, lethargy or energy dips during my fasting window.

Many starchy foods like potatoes actually have a higher insulin index than non-starchy sugary foods like honey or dates, which makes them inferior for IF and weight loss, because they spike insulin too much, which results in undesirable blood sugar fluctuations (e.g. reactive hypoglycemia, blood sugar "crash") and makes you feel hungry again soon after your meal. Simple sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose are also way more satisfying than starch due to the sweetness, which we naturally crave. It's much harder to overeat on simple sugars than on starch. I assume our nutrient sensing systems are better suited for sugar/sweet foods like fruit, which makes sense from an evolutionary point of view, since agriculture hasn't been around for long enough to cause significant adaptations. Eating like this - high sugar, low fat & starch, moderate protein - feels not restrictive at all to me, despite being in a deficit.

Muh "complex carbs are better than simple carbs, because they result in more stable blood sugar levels and provide you with longer lasting energy :soy::soy::soy:" gotta be one of the most stupid and undifferentiated commonly reurgitated broscience claims I've ever heard; coming from people who can't even name or distinguish between different types of sugar

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, Deleted member 15917, Deleted member 15827 and 12 others
it just means you are a sugar addict and of course you feel better after you take the drug

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, gymcel:( and autistic_tendencies
it just means you are a sugar addict and of course you feel better after you take the drug
Yes, I am. I'm also an oxygen, water and sleep junkie

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 15827 and 16 others
Dn read but sugar destroys your collagen

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, Deleted member 15827, AlexBrown84 and 1 other person
Dn read but sugar destroys your collagen
Starch = sugar. There's no reason to believe that preferring potatoes or rice over simple sugars won't result in glycation and AGE formation

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
fap fuel for the peatarians @kjsbdfiusdf @ChristianChad @betamanlet

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Lev Peshkov and Deleted member 6403
Tbh, I can’t go without starches, gotta have white rice or potatoes incorporated into a meal, at least for now.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Deleted member 16279
For a while when I was testing out with this for a few days I ate like 300 grams of fruit sugar for a few days
actually good but I dropped down a bit

Tbh, I can’t go without starches, gotta have white rice or potatoes incorporated into a meal, at least for now.
If your in a place with limited options like me its hard indeed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
If I just ate 1 meal per day I would probably end up a walking skeleton tbh

Perhaps you still feel like you need starchy foods because you're not eating enough simple sugar? Have you ever eaten an entire 8 oz jar of honey or a pound of fresh dates in one sitting? Just make sure to drink enough water if you eat foods that are highly concentrated in sugar. Ripe fruit are best of course, because they're also packed with water, fiber and electrolytes, but honey, table sugar and syrups will work too

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Fear and Deleted member 6403
For a while when I was testing out with this for a few days I ate like 300 grams of fruit sugar for a few days
actually good but I dropped down a bit
Fruit sugar as in pure fructose?

Can you give some good examples, feel quite low energy even tho hormones are ideal, my caloric intake is near perfect with perfect macros (200+g of protein), sleep is fine

thinks it’s down to mental state or perhaps shit sugar levels

day by day I become more peat pilled

• +1
Reactions: Laikyn
fruit juice, honey
oranges dried dates, dried pineapples
Why dried and not fresh? Dried fruit have like 5x the calories of fresh fruit and don't even taste as good as ripe, fresh fruit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16279
Can you give some good examples, feel quite low energy even tho hormones are ideal, my caloric intake is near perfect with perfect macros (200+g of protein), sleep is fine

thinks it’s down to mental state or perhaps shit sugar levels

day by day I become more peat pilled
Examples of what?

• Love it
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Why dried and not fresh? Dried fruit have like 5x the calories of fresh fruit and don't even taste as good as ripe, fresh fruit
more calories= more energy

Zero nutrition tbh just empty calories

Best sources of simple sugar that’s widely available/ affordable
Best in terms of overall nutrition and digestion would be fresh, ripe, organic and ideally also seasonal fruit. Unfortunately, it can be hard to find high quality fruit, unless you live in Thailand or something. Molasses are also packed with minerals. But other foods are fine too. Most digestible sugars end up as glucose in your body anyway, regardless of the source, albeit through different metabolic pathways and at different rates.

I cut up some fruit last night, added some canned peaches and blueberries (for lack of ripe fruit at the store) and poured a bunch of white sugar on it, sort of an "enhanced" fruit salad

• Love it
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
But sugars are high FODMAP food for me and you sweet bewust

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Bewusst
What about honey bruh?

ITs the same like sugar?

I changed my sweets like milka chocolate and so addiction for honey, drinking tea with lemon and honey severel times per day

Lost some weight doing this

But sugars are high FODMAP food for me and you sweet bewust
Yes, you should limit simple sugars while you're healing, as discussed in our private chat. I'm just sharing general information and anecdotal evidence; this thread is not intended as advice for people with intestinal health or other conditions

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
What about honey bruh?

ITs the same like sugar?

I changed my sweets like milka chocolate and so addiction for honey, drinking tea with lemon and honey severel times per day

Lost some weight doing this
Honey is a complete food, sugar is an umbrella term for a single macronutrient in the carbohydrate family. Honey contains sugar but it IS not just sugar. The main sugars found in honey are fructose, glucose (monosaccharides) and sucrose (a disaccharide composed of a glucose and a fructose molecule bound together) and also enzymes like invertase, which cleaves sucrose into fructose and glucose. Honey is sweeter than table sugar because of its high free fructose content but also lower in calories, because it's basically a supersaturated sugar solution with up to 20% water.

Of course replacing candy like milk chocolate, which also has a bunch of fat, with honey or other low fat sugar sources will reduce your calorie intake and make it easier to lose weight

• Love it
Reactions: oldcell
I’m following a carnivore lifestyle but when it comes to my daily 30-45g carb intake, it’s always made up of simple carbs. Mostly milk or kefir, honey or sometimes even fruit but never starches, I feel horrible afterwards if I eat those

Best in terms of overall nutrition and digestion would be fresh, ripe, organic and ideally also seasonal fruit. Unfortunately, it can be hard to find high quality fruit, unless you live in Thailand or something. Molasses are also packed with minerals. But other foods are fine too. Most digestible sugars end up as glucose in your body anyway, regardless of the source, albeit through different metabolic pathways and at different rates.

I cut up some fruit last night, added some canned peaches and blueberries (for lack of ripe fruit at the store) and poured a bunch of white sugar on it, sort of an "enhanced" fruit salad
Ok bro taken your advice today and feel hella good fr? Idk why. Energetic, face and skin looks leaner and more collagen rich, hair is hella nice looking today??? Mental state is improved and more clear?
I had lot of sugar, like fruits, fruit juices, added sugar to coffee on top of my usual protein intake. Dude this shit is godly af thanks for sugarpilling me. There is definitely more science to this shit than what is previously thought

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
If you're willing to run an experiment, try limiting fructose, it's metabolized exclusively in the liver (just like alcohol) and overconsumption will result in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) by itself.
Just don't be a brainlet and think that fructose = sugar from fruit, it's actually it's own saccharide and it's actually not the one most present in fruit. For instance, in an orange it's slightly less than half after splitting the sucrose. In (real) honey you get about 55/45 fructose glucose mix (unbound), while corn syrup is almost exclusively glucose + maltoses (which are just 2, 3 4... glucoses bound together).
Also bear in mind that sucrose (table sugar) is actually one fructose bound to one glucose, the body cleaves the bond, glucose goes happily into muscle etc and fructose goes to the liver.

New theory: Karomaxxing lel

It's much harder to overeat on simple sugars than on starch.
At first I thought this is nonsens but this part got me. A very interesting theory, Rudolf.
Omg where did I land here (SS-Looksmax? Lol)

AH NO it is apperently TEETHMAXXING:

Have you ever eaten an entire 8 oz jar of honey or a pound of fresh dates in one sitting?

jk tho, I like your theory really and will try it.

PS:

(200+g of protein)

unless you are 6'5 and you are really a heavy bodybuilder this is probably too much and maybe your kidney could take a break, and thats why you feel tired

Last edited:
I sometimes still eat a bit of Jasmine Rice boiled for 1.5 hours on low temp + Pineapple (Rice and Pineapple, especially gelatinous rice like Jasmine is very delicious), and if I feel lazy I eat some potatoes, though not much.

And yeah man it really is incredible actually getting results with dietary changes.
A lot of the supposed "healthy" advice will make you feel like absolute shit and is against metabolism. And then you realise all the healthy advice was propaganda installed in the 60s and 70s and has no routes in actual diets of native people around the world and their dietary habits.

I mostly eat these in the morning. Bare in mind I'm 16 and fairly active.

A bit of Starch is great in the morning when you most likely have low liver Glycogen stores.
Starch, especially things like Potatoes and Jasmine Rice which are low in f*ber (🤢🤮) which are easily digestible replanish liver glycogen more effectively then even Fructose (which has a reputation of metabolising directly to the liver, not sure on specifics and mechanism of this though...). So they are very effective for replanishing liver glycogen... And as such, fairly easy to get fat on them, so if you do eat them never until your full, because you will mostly likely just overtop your Glycogen stores and the rest will be stored as fat.

Another Peatfag who doesn't understand that common sense and simple considerations of our digestive system and pharmacology can prove how dumb he sounds.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Bewusst
Another Peatfag who doesn't understand that common sense and simple considerations of our digestive system and pharmacology can prove how dumb he sounds.
Explain why

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Explain why
For one, our body's preferred mode of energy is glucose which is why people who are well into their fast experience hallucinations ( this is how lsd also works it's not an expansion of consciousness but dimming according to EMG data- some parts of the brain just turn off especially DMN and some forebrain parts).
Simple sugars are not common in nature especially refined sugar, in fact fruits were less sweet when we first cultivated/ lived off them. This strikes a direct blow at any such symbiotic nutritional relationship.
Sugars do give you a quick energy because it stimulates the dopamine reward system, but that doesn't mean it affords any nutritional value .
Insulin fluctuation isn't necessarily a bad thing and I'm not against sugar but constantly having insulin levels drop up and down throughout the day is not good either. Ghrelin and even your cycardian clock gets confused with blood insulin fluctuations and you'll experience I'll effects sooner or later. Let this nigga do this for one year and tell us how he feels, if he feels the same he's probably not eating as much sugar as he thinks he does

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
  • +1
Reactions: hypergamy
For one, our body's preferred mode of energy is glucose which is why people who are well into their fast experience hallucinations ( this is how lsd also works it's not an expansion of consciousness but dimming according to EMG data- some parts of the brain just turn off especially DMN and some forebrain parts).
Simple sugars are not common in nature especially refined sugar, in fact fruits were less sweet when we first cultivated/ lived off them. This strikes a direct blow at any such symbiotic nutritional relationship.
Sugars do give you a quick energy because it stimulates the dopamine reward system, but that doesn't mean it affords any nutritional value .
Insulin fluctuation isn't necessarily a bad thing and I'm not against sugar but constantly having insulin levels drop up and down throughout the day is not good either. Ghrelin and even your cycardian clock gets confused with blood insulin fluctuations and you'll experience I'll effects sooner or later. Let this nigga do this for one year and tell us how he feels, if he feels the same he's probably not eating as much sugar as he thinks he does
Yeah as a med student this is true, i gymcel and all my carbs come from buckwheat, potatoes and a glass of milk, 230g of glucose and 20g of fructose in total during the day :feelshmm:

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 15827
Yeah as a med student this is true, i gymcel and all my carbs come from buckwheat, potatoes and a glass of milk, 230g of glucose and 20g of fructose in total during the day :feelshmm:
my carbs come from= rice, potatoes, chocolate/candy, bread.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and TsarTsar444
@Bewusst

Yeah carb sources themselves don’t really matter, what you combine them with is much more important i.e. fat and protein.

I have white bread in the morning but because I also have eggs, butter and cheese with it I don’t get the notorious blood sugar fluctuations.

@Bewusst

Yeah carb sources themselves don’t really matter, what you combine them with is much more important i.e. fat and protein.

I have white bread in the morning but because I also have eggs, butter and cheese with it I don’t get the notorious blood sugar fluctuations.
Muh blood sugar fluctuations. You obviously have no clue about nutrition whatsoever

Muh blood sugar fluctuations. You obviously have no clue about nutrition whatsoever
I have a degree in this and have studied nutrition for years.

Having steady blood sugar is important for energy, mood, hunger, etc. If fasting produces this result for you then crack on, for a lot of people (including myself) having meals spread throughout the day works better. Also better for muscle building.