Retina and dry skin

Pretty_bread

Pretty_bread

Iron
So i got Tretinoin 0.025 gel prescribed for me and this is my first night using it, i’m hoping it can fade away some rough texture and scars, i know i need to use suncreen at daytime, but the issue is when i apply tret at night it dries my skin and makes it very tight, can i use a moisturiser after applying tret?

• +1
Reactions: 98Zdeed98
You should be applying moisturiser, not an question of if.

• +1
Reactions: sytyl and RealSurgerymax
Your retinas are unrelated to your skin 👍🙂

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862, RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 9852
You should be applying moisturiser, not an question of if.

So your saying applying a moisturiser after tret won’t affect it’s absorption?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536
What time of day do you apply the retin-a?

• +1
Reactions: Pretty_bread
Also OP, you HAVE to use a moisturiser after tretinoin. Use tret after a cleanser/water and then wait for say, 30 minutes, then moisturise.
Sunscreen in the morning too, retinoids increase sensitivity to UV.

• +1
Wash your face with cleanser, wait 30 mins, apply tret, wait 30 mins, apply moisturizer.
You can shorten this times, if you shorten first one you get more irritated, if you shorten last 30 mins you get less irritated (tret gets diluted by moisturizer). The more you wait the better though, more than 30 mins if you want/can.
If your face is too dry/peeling, you can stop tret for as many days as you want, if you want to.

• +1
So i got Tretinoin 0.025 gel prescribed for me and this is my first night using it, i’m hoping it can fade away some rough texture and scars, i know i need to use suncreen at daytime, but the issue is when i apply tret at night it dries my skin and makes it very tight, can i use a moisturiser after applying tret?
yes, u can apply it 30 minutes after u apply tret at night, but especially apply it after u wash ur face in the morning. I think i might start adding occlusive creams after moisturizing and some oils to repair skin moisture barrier since a fucked moisture barrier will never lead to perfect skin.

• +1
My nigga just drink water da fook