Retinol vs Tretinoin

A

Account717

Silver
I know there have probably been a million posts on this topic, but I want to ask about my situation specifically.
I know the facts: Tretinoin is simply stronger and "better" than retinol.
I know tretinoin is used to treat severe acne effectively.
It also seems that many retinol products are just scams and are not strong enough at all.
However, I don't have acne, and I just wanted to use some sort of Retinoid to boost collagen/exfoliate/even skin tones/etc.
My skin is also dry and irritable, as well, and Im not sure how well it would fare with tretinoin (the "purge" phase).
I havent used any form of retinoids, so it may also be better to start with a "weaker" thing...
With this in mind, would over the counter retinol be a better option for me compared to tretinoin? Or is this a cope, and you insist to just go with tretinoin all the way?
Thank you.:unsure:

Last edited:
I know there have probably been a million posts on this topic, but I want to ask about my situation specifically.
I know the facts: Tretinoin is simply stronger and "better" than retinol.
I know tretinoin is used to treat severe acne effectively.
It also seems that many retinol products are just scams and are not strong enough at all.
However, I don't have acne, and I just wanted to use some sort of Retinoid to boost collagen/exfoliate/even skin tones/etc.
My skin is also dry and irritable, as well, and Im not sure how well it would fare with tretinoin (the "purge" phase).
I havent used any form of retinoids, so it may also be better to start with a "weaker" thing...
With this in mind, would over the counter retinol be a better option for me compared to tretinoin? Or is this a cope, and you insist to just go with tretinoin all the way?
Thank you.:unsure:
nigario

bruh just get something like curology

Retinols are 100% cope.

Just go with Retin-A 0.025% and see how your skin reacts. If it's peeling a lot, you need to moisturize, if it's STILL peeling even with moisturizing 2 times a day, then you are likely not handling it well.

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1 and zeek
Retinols are 100% cope.

Just go with Retin-A 0.025% and see how your skin reacts. If it's peeling a lot, you need to moisturize, if it's STILL peeling even with moisturizing 2 times a day, then you are likely not handling it well.
Retinol isn't cope. It is legit and works very well.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Manu le coq, Deleted member 15827, metagross and 1 other person