Why I quit tretinoin and switched to retinol

i_love_roosters

i_love_roosters

My avi is the typpa shit I'm on rn
I'll keep it short... This stuff is way too harsh on the skin, tbh. I've been on tret for 5 months and I never got used to it. My skin was always peeling, red, irritated, even painful. Jewish derms claim it takes 1-1.5 months to get used to it, but that's bs. Not to mention it resurfaces way too much. I don't want the notorious gay tretinoin glow, all I want is some slight improvement in texture. Also, if you check the ingredients on tret, you'll see it's full of stabilizers which are endocrine disruptors.

I've been using The Ordinary 1% retinol in squalane. This stuff mogs that Jewish pharma poison called tretinoin. I like that you can skip sunscreen on it. I skipped it with tretinoin too because It's Jewish, but my skin was burning. With retinol, it's as if I'm not using anything.

Tretinoin is really unnecessary, no need to nuke your skin when gentler alternatives exist

• +1
Reactions: piec, szolliontaraelis, NoseProphecy and 6 others
Black Hebrew Israelism

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: NoseProphecy, 97baHater and sub5c3l
Use the retinol for a few months then switch back to tret but start with 0.025%, it seems your skin barrier is way too damaged

• +1
Reactions: sub5c3l and i_love_roosters
how much %?

• +1
I tried tret last year next thing you know my face is peeling constantly and I look hideous didn’t even want to go to school tbh i quit immediately

• +1
I tried tret last year next thing you know my face is peeling constantly and I look hideous didn’t even want to go to school tbh i quit immediately
Same, people probably thought I have leprosy

• +1
Reactions: sub5c3l and Schizomogger
It really depends on your skin type. I use tret 0.025 and I didnt feel shit but it did clear my acne up. It didnt make my skin dry or peel, it just made my skin very smooth. I have an oily t zone and I had pretty bad acne on my chin and eyebrow area.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, lowiqNormie and i_love_roosters
i agree it is futile to entertain the fantasy of using tret long term, agepill will get us all

• +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters
It really depends on your skin type. I use tret 0.025 and I didnt feel shit but it did clear my acne up. It didnt make my skin dry or peel, it just made my skin very smooth. I have oily skin and I had pretty bad acne on my chin and eyebrow area.
Very lucky

i agree it is futile to entertain the fantasy of using tret long term, agepill will get us all
I'll use retinol long term, but yeah, tret is not sustainable long term

• +1
Reactions: Thefaqeeh
Retinoic acid the best at least 5% hard to find tho

• Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel and i_love_roosters
start manipulating a woman now while she is still your looks match
I've thought about dating a fatty with potential to be HTB when lean. I'll get her while fat and brainwash her to loose weight

I use tret ed, fixed the peeling by just shaving more regularly and putting centella underneath my moisturiser.

• +1
I've thought about dating a fatty with potential to be HTB when lean. I'll get her while fat and brainwash her to loose weight
then youre just betabuxxing personal training experience, every 1% less of body fat is also 1% less love for you

• Love it
It really depends on your skin type. I use tret 0.025 and I didnt feel shit but it did clear my acne up. It didnt make my skin dry or peel, it just made my skin very smooth. I have an oily t zone and I had pretty bad acne on my chin and eyebrow area.
Try to find 5% one, apply only every 21 days= profit

• Hmm...
Focus on strengthening barrier whilst using Tret

I don’t wash my face in the morning, use a gentle cleanser and good moisturizer with skin healthy ingredients

Taz mogs

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel and i_love_roosters
not to be that guy but it usually takes up to a year to see nearly perfect skin from it

• +1
tret improved my skin hard but i'm worried about sun damage during the day even if i wear sunscreen that shit run off efficacy after just 2 hours and i cant reapply it so often during the day

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: rand anon and i_love_roosters
Focus on strengthening barrier whilst using Tret

I don’t wash my face in the morning, use a gentle cleanser and good moisturizer with skin healthy ingredients
It's not just that, it's an endocrine disruptor and makes your skin look weird

not to be that guy but it usually takes up to a year to see nearly perfect skin from it
Not sustainable imo, requires too much extra shit and sacrifices to keep it up

tret improved my skin hard but i'm worried about sun damage during the day even if i wear sunscreen that shit run off efficacy after just 2 hours and i cant reapply it so often during the day
Sunscreen is really bad for you

• Hmm...
Reactions: rand anon
Not sustainable imo, requires too much extra shit and sacrifices to keep it up
strange i have very dry and irritable skin but all the extra dryness and redness from the tret went away in less than 2 months for me

• Hmm...
strange i have very dry and irritable skin but all the extra dryness and redness from the tret went away in less than 2 months for me
I guess I'm just not made for it :feelscry:

Yeah, I said it in the post
oh mb didnt read , then you can't use it bro you're doing more harm than good, you should use it with retinol too but it's not as bad ofc

oh mb didnt read , then you can't use it bro you're doing more harm than good, you should use it with retinol too but it's not as bad ofc
I feel good without it on retinol. That's one of the reasons why I don't like tret, you gotta do too much extra shit and sacrifice a lot to keep it up. It's really unsustainable

• +1
Reactions: lowiqNormie
I feel good without it on retinol. That's one of the reasons why I don't like tret, you gotta do too much extra shit and sacrifice a lot to keep it up. It's really unsustainable
yea true , ngl i've quit it for this reason too especially because you cant skip skincare without burning ur skin but my skin looked noticeably worse so i started reapply it again

• +1
yea true , ngl i've quit it for this reason too especially because you cant skip skincare without burning ur skin but my skin looked noticeably worse so i started reapply it again
Yeah, I feel like on tret you can only use tret. I wanna add stuff like glycolic acid, vit c, niacinamide, but they all fuck my skin up. On retinol I can have more actives

• +1
It doesn't increase sun sensitivity

companies are now releasing retinaldehyde products which is more potent than retinol(requires less conversions to reach active ingredient)but potentially doesnt absorb as well/as deep. Peach and Lilly, youth to the people, and the ordinary have them ranging from 0.1-0.2 percent

I'll keep it short... This stuff is way too harsh on the skin, tbh. I've been on tret for 5 months and I never got used to it. My skin was always peeling, red, irritated, even painful. Jewish derms claim it takes 1-1.5 months to get used to it, but that's bs. Not to mention it resurfaces way too much. I don't want the notorious gay tretinoin glow, all I want is some slight improvement in texture. Also, if you check the ingredients on tret, you'll see it's full of stabilizers which are endocrine disruptors.

I've been using The Ordinary 1% retinol in squalane. This stuff mogs that Jewish pharma poison called tretinoin. I like that you can skip sunscreen on it. I skipped it with tretinoin too because It's Jewish, but my skin was burning. With retinol, it's as if I'm not using anything.

Tretinoin is really unnecessary, no need to nuke your skin when gentler alternatives exist
Skincel i use 0,05 % tret everyday and have no sides after 1,5 months

It depends on what you use and how you use. I was on retinol when I first started years back but then I shifted to tretinoin from skinorac and it works perfectly for me. But yes when the strength is high, I reduce the frequency.

>"The Ordinary"
dnrd

What sunscreen do you use