Reverse nasolabial folds as a result of forward grown maxilla?

Deleted member 2661

Deleted member 2661

‎‏‏‎ Notorious bully
I have faint lines where nasolabial folds would usually be. They look like Barrett's here, however, they are more prominent on me. What causes this, more protruding maxilla in the mouth area in comparison to the rest of the midface or poor skin quality and lack of elasticity?
Jordan Barrett in an Instagram selfie as seen in January 2017

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Luke LLL
I have that aswell, idk what this is

I have faint lines where nasolabial folds would usually be. They look like Barrett's here, however, they are more prominent on me. What causes this, more protruding maxilla in the mouth area in comparison to the rest of the midface or poor skin quality and lack of elasticity?
View attachment 163306
Someone told me it was a sign of a recessed maxilla, just get a palate expander and headgear and you'll be fine. I can even link you to the site that has a custom palate expander (assuming you actually have a recessed maxilla). Do you have a narrow palate and/or buccal corridors?

Someone told me it was a sign of a recessed maxilla, just get a palate expander and headgear and you'll be fine. I can even link you to the site that has a custom palate expander (assuming you actually have a recessed maxilla). Do you have a narrow palate and/or buccal corridors?

So Barrett has a recessed maxilla? Bruh...

• JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel
It’s a skin issue. But sometimes even people with maximum collagen can have folds. Doesn’t affect ur looks that much but corrected with fillers

It’s a skin issue. But sometimes even people with maximum collagen can have folds. Doesn’t affect ur looks that much but corrected with fillers
these are not folds though, it's quite the opposite

i don't think this is a skin problem, it's probably related to bones or something

I just chalk it up as volume loss due to age. Because that’s all those really are

So Barrett has a recessed maxilla? Bruh...
He has. He just has good alveolar development, forgiving features and knows how to tilt his head to increase maxillary projection in pics. His cheek line isn't even parallel with his nose.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
He has. He just has good alveolar development, forgiving features and knows how to tilt his head to increase maxillary projection in pics. His cheek line isn't even parallel with his nose.

View attachment 163355
Barrett's maxilla is definitely forward grown. It's just not as good as we previously thought. In comparison to the girl on the left he is being mogged quite a bit, notice how all of the lines of her philtrum, nose and cheek are perfectly parallel. His philtrum would look more folded and it looks as if it's being dragged by his nose.

notice how all of the lines of her philtrum, nose and cheek are perfectly parallel.
Yes, these together are a strong indicator of maxillary development. Chin usually aligns with these lines too. Though I don't think the girl fares much better than Barrett. Their maxillae seem to have similar development:

in, my nigger maxilla also gave me folds. I know how to remove them

Yes, these together are a strong indicator of maxillary development. Chin usually aligns with these lines too. Though I don't think the girl fares much better than Barrett. Their maxillae seem to have similar development:

View attachment 163379
this is not neutral head position bro