Rib cage growth and clavicle growth (muh small ribcage wide shoulders cope)

O

Ocelot

The number of times I've seen people on this forum use the term "small rib cage" suggests that people think that you can have a disproportionately small rib cage compared to your clavicles. The clavicles, scapulae, and rib cage grow together, being a function of testosterone. They all fuse late, around 20 years of age. If you have a small rib cage, you will have narrow shoulders without a doubt. It can APPEAR as if the rib cage is disproportionately small compared to the clavicles if you are skinny and have no lats. A lot of people have a wider looking rib cages due to storing fat in the upper lat region or having wide lats, which makes a difference even from the front view.

A tip: It's unlikely to make a large difference but dumbbell pullovers have been shown to widen your frame. Rib cage expansion during the eccentric portion when you inhale is likely the reason.

FOR "DN RD" CELS: Small rib cage = narrow clavicles and scapulae; impossible to have it disproportionately smaller or bigger as the growth of these bones is anatomically linked. For one to grow larger, the other ones have to grow larger with it or you will literally not be able to move properly as your joints will be misaligned.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Aero, horizontallytall, Darkstrand and 2 others
Pullovers are cope. Get a ribcage transplant

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 112
my dad blasted all the steroids and he told me his wrists grew, with his frame getting wider. he was ectomorph, now he's above average, he is skinny now so no frauding

Shoulders
wide shoulders wide ribcage vs wide shoulders small ribcage , the chest is bigger too on the left cuz big ribcage create a wider chest

• +1
Reactions: ArdaxHG, Mewton, AscendingHero and 2 others
can u link anyting for that pullover thingy

How many sets/reps of pullovers should I do a day? With what weight? Lets say I do that 3 months every day, how much growth will I notice approx?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: horizontallytall, ArdaxHG, Deleted member 4720 and 2 others
View attachment 406333 wide shoulders wide ribcage vs wide shoulders small ribcage , the chest is bigger too on the left cuz big ribcage create a wider chest
Did you even read my post?

These pics are from different angles and Phelps has wider lats. I literally mentioned this in the post.

Did you even read my post?

These pics are from different angles and Phelps has wider lats. I literally mentioned this in the post.
phelps have clearly genetically bigger fking ribcage lol , the chest is the main indicator of big ribcage , look ronnie coleman and arnold too

How many sets/reps of pullovers should I do a day? With what weight? Lets say I do that 3 months every day, how much growth will I notice approx?
I would say whenever you train chest and lats. For instance on a Push-Pull-Legs 6 days a week it would be 4 days pullovers. Adjust the exercise to focus chest/back. Look up the form. How much growth? No clue but it won't ascend a framelet to a mogger, but you want every little bit of growth tbh.
phelps have clearly genetically bigger fking ribcage lol , the chest is the main indicator of big ribcage , look ronnie coleman and arnold too
READ
MY
NOT
POSSIBLE
WIDE RIB CAGE = WIDE SHOULDERS
THEIR CHESTS WERE BIG BECAUSE OF ROIDS JFL

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
dn rd shit thread if you werent born 50 bideltoid 7'0 kill yourself

• JFL
Reactions: diggbicc
can u link anyting for that pullover thingy
I could not find the original research article but here's an article about pullovers for frame growth.
"Teenagers," Dr. Medaera continued, "who perform breathing squats and pullovers progressively for many months can expect from one to two inches of ribcage growth – and even more on the surrounding muscles. Certain people, with unusual genetics – such as yourself – can exceed those expectations."

I'd just shown Dr. Medaera several old photos of me at age 15, after a summer of weight training that included breathing squats and pullovers. The after pictures revealed I had added five inches (from 38 inches to 43) to my chest circumference measurement.

Flash-forward from 1959 to 1967. At age 23, my chest circumference had progressed to 48 inches and I weighed 200 pounds (see the opening photo). In eight years, I'd added ten inches to my chest measurement and 65 pounds to my bodyweight."

Pretty good

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382
I would say whenever you train chest and lats. For instance on a Push-Pull-Legs 6 days a week it would be 4 days pullovers. Adjust the exercise to focus chest/back. Look up the form. How much growth? No clue but it won't ascend a framelet to a mogger, but you want every little bit of growth tbh.

READ
MY
NOT
POSSIBLE
WIDE RIB CAGE = WIDE SHOULDERS
THEIR CHESTS WERE BIG BECAUSE OF ROIDS JFL
im not talking about big chest ... WIDE CHEST that is correlated with big ribcage , why u dont understand that right guy (korean guy) will never have lats/ribcage like phelps ...

wide rib cage= wide shoulders , thats stupid as fuck

im not talking about big chest ... WIDE CHEST that is correlated with big ribcage , why u dont understand that right guy (korean guy) will never have lats/ribcage like phelps ...

wide rib cage= wide shoulders , thats stupid as fuck
I give up on you. I literally explained it in my post it's evident you didn't read anything. No shit wide chest means wide ribcage. But it's impossible to have it disproportionately smaller or bigger relative to the clavicles as the growth of these bones is anatomically linked as I mentioned earlier.

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and godlikesz
i'll read later

how can you determine if you have a small ribcage or not?

Biacromial is part of ribcage iirc

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
Some ectos have the illusion of wide clavicles because their waist and hips are also small. It's all about proportions. I myself have a large rib cage and wide clavicles but I also have a wide waist and hips as well as disproportionately larger traps than deltoids, resulting in my frame looking average. Physique and bodybuilding is all about illusion.

1024px-Acromion_of_scapula06.png

Seems like it's possible to have moderately wide clavicles with small acromion joints, small scapula and a small ribcage

I myself have large clavicles (at least according to studies i've found with clavicle bone size) and a small ribcage. It's not like my clavicles are comically large though. Small acromion joints and small wrists so my humerus thickness is likely below average.

Genuinely broad shoulders come from

Long clavicles attaching to a wide acromion joint with large scapula attached to a wide ribcage and wide humerus bones with good deltoid insertions

Long clavicles +1" (0.5" each side) wide acromion joint +0.8" (0.4" each side) wide humerus bone +0.2" (0.1" each side) boom 2" wider with purely bone, then add ability for larger amounts of mass to be stored in the deltoid and lift adding 1" on each side boom 4" wider than someone with bones 10% narrower and no shoulder mass

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, AscendingHero and Preposterous