Rotated ethmoid bone responsible for facial asymmetry

rrrrrr8526

rrrrrr8526

kpopmaxxer

DO NOT ATTEMPT. Rotated ethmoid bone responsible for facial asymmetry and attempt to restore symmetry manually.​

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. IT IS INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS. THIS WAS A RECKLESS EXPERIMENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO I RECOMMEND ANYONE TRY IT. SERIOUSLY.
Hey guys, so this is a weird one. Did a little experiment on myself which shows serious promise as well as serious risk. I'm writing this to share my experience but in no way recommending anyone try it has very little precedent, and, again, comes with serious risks, not least going blind.
Here's what I did: I attempted to manually un-deviate my septum to restore facial symmetry.
I've finally realized the root cause of my facial asymmetry that has resulted from mewing over the last 3 years. Basically my ethmoid is rotated (skewed to one side) and somehow the way I've been mewing has further rotated it over the years. The ethmoid bone is this weird bone that sits between/behind/underneath the eyes, behind the nose, and above/around the septum. It basically supports the center of your face, and, among other things, the position of this bone determines the position of your eyeballs relative to the rest of your face. Here's an intractable 3D model that should give you a good idea of its shape and position.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/ethm...e ethmoid bone is a,complex bones of the face.
Over the past 3 years since I began mewing, I've become increasingly dismayed and perplexed by a growing asymmetry. I've posted about it before--while the rest of my face has expanded and shifted symmetrically, my eyes themselves have become noticeably different relative to each other, and my septum has further deviated.
While my left eye has shifted upwards, outwards, and forwards, my right eye has done the very opposite, recessing further back into my face, dropping downwards, and shifting in towards my nose. We all know asymmetries aren't attractive, and asymmetries of the eyes are, in my opinion, the worst. As it's developed, it's given me a relatively "funky" appearance as you might imagine.
I've finally realized the explanation for this is pretty simple: my mewing has somehow further deviated my septum and rotated my ethmoid bone. I've now realized that all the while I've tried to correct this problem I might have only been making it worse, by mewing harder on the side with the lower eyeball, thinking i could somehow push it back up, but instead pushing the back part of my septum towards the side with the higher eyeball, thus further rotating my ethmoid bone, thus exacerbating the issue and recessing/lowering my eyeball on the side I'm mewing harder on. In any case, that's my theory behind it's worsening, though I can't be certain about that part specifically. However what I am basically certain of is that my ethmoid bone and septum have rotated... and I'd like to un-rotate them to restore symmetry to my face and regain facial aesthetics.
So i did something probably incredibly dangerous to see if I could make any change manually with my finger by reaching up and in through the back of my throat to push my septum (which of course would also move the ethmoid bone) back toward my right side (with the sunken eye). I did this to test my theory and see if I could either see movement of the eyes or feel pressure pushing that eye up and out. If it sounds like a stupid and risky idea it is, but I did it anyways. I DO NOT recommend anyone try this. It's potentially EXTREMELY dangerous because, as far as I know, theres no precedent for it, not to mention the ethmoid bone is incredibly fragile, fracturing it has pretty severe consequences, and the top of the septum itself extends into the cranial cavity where your brain sits. Did I know all this going into it? Yup. Did I do it anyway? Yup. It was quite uncomfortable, not least because it first required overcoming my gag reflex for at least 20 minutes and then using my finger to basically enter the back of my nasal passage and push the inside of my nose to one side.
A number of attempts, pushing softly, yielded, as you might imagine, very little (if any) visual change. After all, I'm undoing 3 years incorrect bone movement. HOWEVER, after the session was complete, I did in fact feel pressure behind my right eye where my ethmoid bone supports the eyeball. This doesn't mean I actually made long-term progress moving the eye "back the way it came" so to speak, but it did seem to put pressure on the ethmoid bone such that it's become a little irritated and inflamed, which might not sound like a good thing but is actually good for a couple reasons:
First it shows me that the half of my ethmoid bone I'd like to move forward did in fact receive pressure from the right direction and does have potential to move my eyes.
Second, being that its putting pressure on eye, it's stimulating my vagus nerve, which you might already know has a pleasantly-sedating effect. Until the swelling in my ethmoid bone goes, my anxiety is basically non existent. You can get the same effect by rubbing your eyes or just slightly pushing on them for a short period of time (doing so too much is dangerous). Thats why we rub our eyes when we're stressed or anxious.
Anyways, long story short, while this was an incredibly dangerous and reckless (although well informed I must say) it shows some pretty extreme potential for both restoring symmetry of the eyes and septum because nobody who has facial asymmetry is happy about it (unless your ryan gosling of course) AND this also demonstrates how, whether through moving bone (probably dangerous) or through some yet-invented (but easily-conceptualized) surgery, one could add a about a millimeter of synthetic material behind their eyes to simulate extra pressure from their ethmoid bone and potentially permanently reduce anxiety WITHOUT the use of addicting substances such as benzodiazepines or muscle relaxers. Such a surgery could also increase the aesthetics of a persons face pretty easily without appearing "cosmetic." This is great for those of us who live with anxiety because there's currently no real treatment that doesn't come with side effects or even really works long term.
Just for example, my resting heart rate as of writing this right now is about 60bpm when usually it would be at 80bpm, and my bp has dropped about 10 points. Being that my vagus nerve is currently being stimulated this is what you'd expect.
I'm going to discuss this experiment and "results" (n=1, so) with my myofunctional therapist, and Dr. Zaghi himself (considered one of the most highly respected ear nose and throat doctors in the world) in the who I'm speaking to in about a month. I'm sure they'll all agree it's reckless and dangerous but perhaps it could inspire potential therapies. Anyways, you heard it hear first, folks!
Anyways, if you made it this far, thanks for reading my experience/experiment. And let me just remind you the following:
THIS WAS STUPID AND DANGEROUS AND THERE IS NO PRECEDENT FOR IT. IT IS STILL TOO EARLY TO KNOW IF THERE WILL BE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES TO MY EXPERIMENT.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: MEMPSK, anticel, Deleted member 17345 and 9 others
I opened this thread while looking away from my screen.

When I layed eyes on this gotdamn catastrophe.

I. LOST. MY. SHIT.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834, AscendingHero and thecel
Very interesting stuff. Fuck thumbpulling this is the real strat.

• +1
Reactions: JimmyDreamsOfZygos
shouldnt have posted this 95% of this shithole is gonna try this now

Nigga trying to find new methods of suicide

High effort thread, real intellectual. Have you made any progress? Also 4000 post :soy::soy:

What do you think of rhino?

Bro I'm sorry but this is one of the funniest things I've ever read like what the fuck were you thinking :lul:

I guess it takes people willing to do dumb shit for new things to be discovered though so I'm mirin a little bit.

@rrrrrr8526 how s your vagus nerve doing?