Should BoB Section be Locked off to Normies Like it was Before? - Vote in [POLL]

Should "Best of the Best" Section be open to Normies or Closed off Like Before?

• Total voters
chaddyboi66

chaddyboi66

E V I S C E M O G G E R
This is probably one of the most important polls on this entire site.

I want everyone who's concerned about the issue to voice their opinions on the matter seriously because now is the time.

I was going over @enchanted_elixir's new pinned thread [congrats btw] and came across something I've been wondering for a while now
but more importantly, botb should only be accessible to registered users with a minimum post count. right now it's like all the good info is presented on a silver platter for normfag lurkers who don't deserve it.

@Alexanderr @Master What's the point of BoB if can normies access it and why did you even open it up in the first place?

• +1
Reactions: Jungcuck, Deleted member 13626 and ifyouwannabemylover
close it off

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13626 and chaddyboi66
jfl at the two GrAYcel votes for no

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAITEIII, Deleted member 13626, Nims and 4 others
Imma screencap everything before they start gatekeeping

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 1901, chaddyboi66 and Tabula Rasa
Imma screencap everything before they start gatekeeping
Or you could just earn your rep like everyone else

Besides we're only talking about normies here and you already have an account with at least 100 posts

So why would you even against closing it off then tbh?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27772
Or you could just earn your rep like everyone else

Besides we're only talking about normies here and you already have an account with at least 100 posts

So why would you even against closing it off then tbh?
Well then if the posts/rep requirement to gain acess to botb would be around 100 then it would be fair I guess. I thought you guys wanted to gatekeep graycels entirely and only allow greencels+. it would be a big bummer. a lot of people dont want to spend their time raking up that many posts

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and chaddyboi66
I've screenshoted all botb threads anyways

Well then if the posts/rep requirement to gain acess to botb would be around 100 then it would be fair I guess. I thought you guys wanted to gatekeep graycels entirely and only allow greencels+. it would be a big bummer. a lot of people dont want to spend their time raking up that many posts
nah I'm [and I assume most here too] are only talking about normies as in unregistered lurkers infiltrators idk etc

getting to greencel would take way too long for most tbh, but a few reps and posts would be a good benchmark to gauge what kind of person a user is and if they're not just bad news tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27772
I've screenshoted all botb threads anyways
it makes no difference

were only talking about all the unregistered normies and lurkers here that can now see BoB without an account

it doesn't matter
most of the threads in botb are absolute horseshit

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21048 and apocalypse
Close it but I should hit 500 post ASAP then do it

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66
Close it but I should hit 500 post ASAP then do it
Old requirement was 100 rep, and although it was looking in the right direction, I still think it probably can take a while for most new users who still haven't found the post meta.

Switching the requirement to 100 post minimum could be another option, but then again it can be also done in less than a day or 2 tbh

So 200-500 post minimum would be the best option since it avoids the rep grind [a few days max] and will let us see what kind of person said new user is

Close it off min 3300 posts :feelshah:

• WTF
Reactions: lasnt
At minimum private BOTB, but private the forum if possible

• +1
Reactions: john2 and chaddyboi66
I voted yes, but there is no point.

These normies who lurk would just make accounts to read the BOTB threads.

Ideally, don't let any new people join this forum. We have too many people here already.

Or if not, the mods should only allow 50 people to join this forum per year or something.

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66
I voted yes, but there is no point.

These normies who lurk would just make accounts to read the BOTB threads.

Ideally, don't let any new people join this forum. We have too many people here already.

Or if not, the mods should only allow 50 people to join this forum per year or something.
I don't think mods/admins would ever be on board an idea like that because I've asked them about the very same thing whenever someone would do something stupid on the news that had to potential to put us in a bad light or even if the forum started trending with a normie witchhunt.

They made it clear they'd never want to private it for whatever reason and tried to make the case that no harm would come to the forum even if it did start trending, but honestly I'm not so sure if we'll really be okay if we did after what happened to lookism not too long ago.

However, at the very least we can make our voices heard and maybe push for some amount of restriction to BoB from lurkers just to slow down the spread.

• +1
Reactions: john2