Should I accept this coding wagecuck job? idk what to do

Johnny_Sins

Johnny_Sins

Iron
I finished up my internship recently at a codecuck place and they said they'd like me to come back after I finish college in May. My starting salary would be 34,500 euro (JFL) and after a year it'd go up to 40,000.

Problem is it was the most boring 6 months of my life, it was like watching virtual paint dry. They didn't expect anything of me pretty much, the entire time I was just shitposting on 4chan.
The place was a depressing factory/ office and tbh I want to move away back home to eastern Europe but I won't even be making half of that there if I find a job at all.

I'll be 24 finishing college and I really don't want to stay here any longer than I have to. I don't belong in western Europe.
What should I do?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: vermillioncorefan and <6PSLcel
What country is it? And where in Eastern Europe?

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and Johnny_Sins
What country is it? And where in Eastern Europe?
I don't want to say exactly where. I'd be moving to Poland. I'd be living with my family so I wouldn't have to pay rent or anything for the first year or two.

• +1
Reactions: AscensionMan98 and <6PSLcel
I don't want to say exactly where. I'd be moving to Poland. I'd be living with my family so I wouldn't have to pay rent or anything for the first year or two.
Salaries and jobs for software engineers in Poland are better compared to Spain and Italy.

• +1
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper, <6PSLcel and Johnny_Sins
Anyways, I would try it, and if it's not different from internship then I would quit soon or I would be looking for other job in parallel anyways.

• +1
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper, <6PSLcel and Johnny_Sins
Salaries and jobs for software engineers in Poland are better compared to Spain and Italy.
really? yeah I heard that codecels make decent money compared to the average salary. I think i'll have to go through with it. I much prefer the lifestyle in Poland even if i'll be poorer.

• +1
Reactions: liberiangrimreaper and <6PSLcel
main problem will be finding work in Poland as a junior straight out of university, market's shit right now.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
I finished up my internship recently at a codecuck place and they said they'd like me to come back after I finish college in May. My starting salary would be 34,500 euro (JFL) and after a year it'd go up to 40,000.

Problem is it was the most boring 6 months of my life, it was like watching virtual paint dry. They didn't expect anything of me pretty much, the entire time I was just shitposting on 4chan.
The place was a depressing factory/ office and tbh I want to move away back home to eastern Europe but I won't even be making half of that there if I find a job at all.

I'll be 24 finishing college and I really don't want to stay here any longer than I have to. I don't belong in western Europe.
What should I do?
Damn i thought coders were in a better financial situation than doctors fucking brutal

• JFL
Damn i thought coders were in a better financial situation than doctors fucking brutal
In US maybe, in Europe they don't make shit

• +1
mirin wish i could work as a programmer

• +1
Reactions: Johnny_Sins
are you in college or finished? What do you do?
finished collage, but collage in the uk is basically like HS in america, didnt get good enough grades to go uni because i didnt study at all and my attendance was 50%

• +1

What should I do?
dm me my cousin makes $200k/y working remote as a fullstack + rust dev

• Woah
Reactions: aids and Johnny_Sins
finished collage, but collage in the uk is basically like HS in america, didnt get good enough grades to go uni because i didnt study at all and my attendance was 50%
ah okay, is there the equivalent of community college that you could go to, to get into real uni? I basically failed school too because I was too depressed, left all my final exams early and only made sure to pass English and Math so I could get into community college.

• +1
ah okay, is there the equivalent of community college that you could go to, to get into real uni? I basically failed school too because I was too depressed, left all my final exams early and only made sure to pass English and Math so I could get into community college.
none afaik

• +1
work, but instead of wasting ur time on 4chan study bhw money making methods, then use ur $ to try different methods until u escape the matrix :feelshah:

• +1
Reactions: piec and Johnny_Sins
Do it and save for surgeries

• +1
work, but instead of wasting ur time on 4chan study bhw money making methods, then use ur $ to try different methods until u escape the matrix :feelshah:
yeah I mean if I were to go back there they'd give me actual work to do, I wouldn't just be shitposting on 4chan. I'm going into my final year now and i've realized that I haven't exactly done much to make myself hireable tbh. Got any recommendations other than grinding leetcode?
Any buzzwords?

Last edited:
yeah I mean if I were to go back there they'd give me actual work to do, I wouldn't just be shitposting on 4chan. I'm going into my final year now and i've realized that I haven't exactly done much to make myself hireable tbh. Got any recommendations other than grinding leetcode?
Any buzzwords?
having a competing offer and work experience is already putting u above most ppl

but idk much about the european cs job market

what makes u think ur not hireable? is it that the work experience u do have is insignificant?

What should I do?
Can you elab in dms? Especially if you can speak rus / ukr (you said you ate from east eu)

• +1
having a competing offer and work experience is already putting u above most ppl

what makes u think ur not hireable? is it that the work experience u do have is insignificant?
Bro you seem knowledgeable on IT. Dm?

• +1

What I meant is that I haven't done all that much except for college work. Trying to work on some projects on the side now and wondering if there are any other technologies I should look into learning in my own time.

job market is shit right now, get a few more internships and/or get a masters degree

• +1
job market is shit right now, get a few more internships and/or get a masters degree
The internship is part of my course, everyone does one in 3rd year here except for the unlucky few who don't get one. Might do a few more after, but idk. I'd like to start working properly.

Last edited:
What I meant is that I haven't done all that much except for college work. Trying to work on some projects on the side now and wondering if there are any other technologies I should look into learning in my own time.
depends - idk whats in demand in ur area
u can get a gist of what u should be focusing on after looking at 10 local enterprises

• +1
Oof what will you do now

• +1
really? yeah I heard that codecels make decent money compared to the average salary. I think i'll have to go through with it. I much prefer the lifestyle in Poland even if i'll be poorer.
Why can't you germany max and just hop on a train to Poland . Rent is going to be a factor but not if the salary is gonna be like double in germany.

• +1
It’s legit impossible to become rich in Europe.

Try to get it to America if you can

• +1

What should I do?
Having free time at work is kinda ass when I work hard the time goes by faster

Just be doing an online job or coding gig at work while it's boring

and truly milk these niggas by making money on the clock 👺👺

• +1
That's a very shitty salary for a dev, what do you do exactly ?

• So Sad
Why can't you germany max and just hop on a train to Poland . Rent is going to be a factor but not if the salary is gonna be like double in germany.
Because I don't want to be in that shithole ever. I hope it gets nuked. I want to be close to Wroclaw anyway and it's not going to be a quick train ride away. I also speak 0 German and don't plan on learning it.

It’s legit impossible to become rich in Europe.

Try to get it to America if you can
I was thinking about it but idk, it'd be too much of a culture shock for me I think. Also a reason for my move is to find a normal gf that isn't a whore. I'm not going to find that in western Europe where i'm a lowly slav anyway and i'm certainly not going to find it in the US.

That's a very shitty salary for a dev, what do you do exactly ?
not really tbh, it's normal for Europe I think? I live in a rich country and that's kind of how it is here. Devs don't make bank like in the US. Now, the company I was working for is kinda known for shitty salaries but it's not like i'd be starting off on 60k elsewhere.

The holy temple is waiting for you.

• Woah
accept imo

• +1
This is Definitely Netherlands, we got those default salaries

Last edited:
  • So Sad
if you have the luxury to even contemplate taking the job or not, might as well take it and just quiet quit on day 1.

Fkn headphones in, music blasting, bare minimum work done. Ask HR to work from home twice a week, etc. See how much you can push out of them.

• +1
Reactions: Johnny_Sins and Ryldoo IS COPING
if you have the luxury to even contemplate taking the job or not, might as well take it and just quiet quit on day 1.

Fkn headphones in, music blasting, bare minimum work done. Ask HR to work from home twice a week, etc. See how much you can push out of them.
The problem with that is that not doing any actual work is worse than being busy and having shit to do. Them only giving me some 2 hour bullshit task once a month made those 6 months feel like 6 years. The only reason i’d take this job is because it’s guaranteed and good to put on my cv. But I really don’t think I can. I felt like a robot being there sitting along with the rest of the depressed looking drones. I can’t stay 8.5+ hours daily in a factory with no natural lighting.
It’s 5 days a week in the office too unless you’re a senior or have a good reason to be working from home.

idk bro i cant fkn help u, but these can:

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: vermillioncorefan and Johnny_Sins
Thats just office jobs, they are boring as fuck, its over

• So Sad
Legit the only option after college is suicide
You could prolong college for as long as possible, become a scientist.

Probably still gonna get a job at the end.

Being a career slave nowadays isn't worth it at all. Especially if you don't have kids

• +1
You could prolong college for as long as possible, become a scientist.

Probably still gonna get a job at the end.

Being a career slave nowadays isn't worth it at all. Especially if you don't have kids
I was considering doing my master’s if I get the grades for it. But it’d have to be elsewhere too because fuck staying where I currently am. I think it’s a guaranteed job afterwards too at least currently even in an oversaturated field like codecelling

Because I don't want to be in that shithole ever. I hope it gets nuked. I want to be close to Wroclaw anyway and it's not going to be a quick train ride away. I also speak 0 German and don't plan on learning it.

I was thinking about it but idk, it'd be too much of a culture shock for me I think. Also a reason for my move is to find a normal gf that isn't a whore. I'm not going to find that in western Europe where i'm a lowly slav anyway and i'm certainly not going to find it in the US.

not really tbh, it's normal for Europe I think? I live in a rich country and that's kind of how it is here. Devs don't make bank like in the US. Now, the company I was working for is kinda known for shitty salaries but it's not like i'd be starting off on 60k elsewhere.
I think you are just being buttfucked like many other devs that don't know their value and / or are too afraid to ask for more.
I'm a dev too and I make around 144k as a freelance in Europe (my country takes around 40% of those 144k)

You should really do everything you can to get a higher paying job, at least 50k. Out of respect for yourself and to stop bringing the global market prices down

Honestly there are many other less depressing career you can pursue for the same amount of money

• +1
Reactions: AscensionMan98 and Johnny_Sins
thats crazy asking this question on looksmax

• Hmm...
I think you are just being buttfucked like many other devs that don't know their value and / or are too afraid to ask for more.
I'm a dev too and I make around 144k as a freelance in Europe (my country takes around 40% of those 144k)

You should really do everything you can to get a higher paying job, at least 50k. Out of respect for yourself and to stop bringing the global market prices down

Honestly there are many other less depressing career you can pursue for the same amount of money
Bro if I asked for 50k i’d get laughed out the door anywhere I go. I don’t have any value straight out of college especially with the state of the current market

• So Sad
Reactions: vermillioncorefan