Should I become a software engineer?

socialcel

socialcel

Textbook MTN
I’m currently 16, doing all types of online business and have seen a good amount of success, my best month was like $4700, not that crazy for uscels but quite good imo. Anyways, should I learn to code till I turn 18 and then get a job as a software engineer while doing the businesses on the side? I think my IQ is around 130 so I’m not that smart FYI, but can learn things easily tbh

What business are you doing

The field got brutally norm-ied, and as result wages are being driven down and apps these days are filled with more bugs and shit management than before

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers, Vermilioncore and socialcel
Also companies are playing with people because they can threaten them with layoff now

The field got brutally norm-ied, and as result wages are being driven down and apps these days are filled with more bugs and shit management than before
Also companies are playing with people because they can threaten them with layoff now
so not the meta anymore basically?

Also as result of normie-ization, interviewers care more about bad nepotism (recommending low skilled friends because fitting muh company culture), credentials and masochistic leetcoding even tho it might not be related to job at all

Last edited:
You should go to uni for comp sci

You should go to uni for comp sci
Computer Engineering* for best opportunities

CE opens better doors than CS, because it is easy to go from CE down to CS, but you can't jump from CS to CE

Computer Engineering* for best opportunities

CE opens better doors than CS, because it is easy to go from CE down to CS, but you can't jump from CS to CE
Does computer science pay more than computer engineering? On average, computer scientists in the United States earn higher salaries than computer engineers. Many computer scientists have master's degrees, while a higher percentage of computer engineers have only bachelor's degrees.

Also computer science allows for u to be a quant