Should i contact one of the top jaw surgeons if i only need Lower Jaw Surgery?

Hyperborean Citizen

Hyperborean Citizen

Iron
I assume the lefort is the truly difficult part of jaw surgery, im most likely going to get BSSO + Genio if I do JS, should I still contact the top surgeons like ramieri or raffaini or do I not need surgeons like that for a LJS?

I can probably get a decent amount of the surgery covered if I do it in my country, but there are no known very good surgeons here, im scandinavian.

Clockwise maxillary rotation

do you have an overbite?
Yes, which causes a recessed chin and short mandible.

Odd thing is, my maxilla is straight up good, my ramus and gonial angle are also great, it's just the slightly short mandible n recessed chin that ruins my jaw, without it i would have chadlite jaw

Bsso and genio will ascend me

It is not necessary to go to a very top surgeon

I would first consult with several in your country and let them determine what the best plan might be, if you should do lefort as well or bsso alone

It is not necessary to go to a very top surgeon

I would first consult with several in your country and let them determine what the best plan might be, if you should do lefort as well or bsso alone
Thanks for your advice, i'd be very surprised if a surgeon would recommend a lefort to me when not even i think I need it and i know surgeons r usually pretty bluepilled and don't want to do more than they have to.

Thanks for your advice, i'd be very surprised if a surgeon would recommend a lefort to me when not even i think I need it and i know surgeons r usually pretty bluepilled and don't want to do more than they have to.
There are more good surgeons in the world than are passed off here. Many are more aesthetics conscious and open to listening to your aesthetics goals. Just, in your consults, see if the surgeons are willing to listen and are mindful of your aesthetic goals instead of taking a "my way or the highway" mentality.
You may not think you need LeFort and you may or may not be right but it's possible you would need your lower jaw rotated as part of your procedure, which necessitates mobilizing the maxilla as well. So for now its best to just keep an open mind and see what your consults say.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear and Hyperborean Citizen
There are more good surgeons in the world than are passed off here. Many are more aesthetics conscious and open to listening to your aesthetics goals. Just, in your consults, see if the surgeons are willing to listen and are mindful of your aesthetic goals instead of taking a "my way or the highway" mentality.
You may not think you need LeFort and you may or may not be right but it's possible you would need your lower jaw rotated as part of your procedure, which necessitates mobilizing the maxilla as well. So for now its best to just keep an open mind and see what your consults say.
Understood, my gonial angle and ramus are good though, so doubt i need rotation.

what ? i think i have seen bimax with ccw rotation results where the gonial angle change was visible in the past bhai
It is not because the gonial angle itself is being changed but in some cases soft tissue changes can give the impression of a new gonial angle

Google where the bsso cut is made

• +1
Reactions: ihatewhiterose
It is not because the gonial angle itself is being changed but in some cases soft tissue changes can give the impression of a new gonial angle

Google where the bsso cut is made
Only thing I wish didn't need to happen w bsso is the removal of the lower wisdom teeth, i've heard in some cases they don't need to be extracted, but it's rare.

Only thing I wish didn't need to happen w bsso is the removal of the lower wisdom teeth, i've heard in some cases they don't need to be extracted, but it's rare.
This applied to me, my jaw postop was big enough for me to not need my wisdom teeth removed

It depends on lower palate width

This applied to me, my jaw postop was big enough for me to not need my wisdom teeth removed

It depends on lower palate width
Wait you had jaw surgery n didn't need to extract? I thought the main reason they got removed is because they are in the way of where the cut is made?

Did you go to any known surgeon n do you have before and afters?

Yes, which causes a recessed chin and short mandible.

Odd thing is, my maxilla is straight up good, my ramus and gonial angle are also great, it's just the slightly short mandible n recessed chin that ruins my jaw, without it i would have chadlite jaw

Bsso and genio will ascend me
in that case I think that a surgeon in your country would be enough. Altough I dont know if they'll preform a genio, atleast in Sweden they dont give a single fuck about aesthetics and they might want to underadvance you but if you can get it for free then it would be worth it. You should atleast consult with them.

If you're just getting lower jaw surgery then there's not going to be much difference between surgical plans. Your bottom teeth have to go where they're going to line up with your top teeth. Their aesthetic vision or whatever isn't really going to come into play.

in that case I think that a surgeon in your country would be enough. Altough I dont know if they'll preform a genio, atleast in Sweden they dont give a single fuck about aesthetics and they might want to underadvance you but if you can get it for free then it would be worth it. You should atleast consult with them.
As long as i can get bsso covered i can prob just pay for a genio on top, they're not as expensive

If you're just getting lower jaw surgery then there's not going to be much difference between surgical plans. Your bottom teeth have to go where they're going to line up with your top teeth. Their aesthetic vision or whatever isn't really going to come into play.
That's good, but if possible i'd like to go to a surgeon that doesn't extract my lower wisdom teeth, which might again increase the skill the surgeon needs, if anyone in my country will even do it, lol.

Im also getting genio, and in that instance their aesthetic vision matters.

It's better to keep them, removing them can affect bones, and it would prob feel weird to have the upper wisdom teeth, but no lower wisdom teeth.
Sounds like a meaningless concern.

• +1
Reactions: geenk worg and Asspear