Should I get a Bimax given my base and current situation? (Pics)

D

Dromedary3

Iron
[Serious]
Hi guys,

Considering a small bimax procedure for primarily aesthetics, but also for functional reasons as well. Considering these points below and the pictures of what I look like now and what I want to look like, in my position would you undergo this procedure?

1. I am not super recessed aesthetically, not top tier forward growth but this prob wouldn't be considered recession by any medical professional or ortho. Good maxilla and under eye support, and my jaw is not steep. The circle in the pictures is where my gonial angle is (bulk rn, cant see it)

2. I would also undergo ramus widening as well (4-5mm each side, whatever my bio allows for basically). This would kill two birds with one stone in my eyes as jaw implants are something I 100% would do assuming no bimax. This is a deal breaker, with the bimax I would abolsutely be getting widening or else no go.

3. I do snore a little without mouth tape, this will certainly help

4. My bite is perfect, likely wouldn't need ortho after from hat I have seen from others

5. My cheekbones and under eye support are pretty good (cheekbones esp, when lean they pop and I have natural ogee curve), prob wont need mid face implants either (even if I did, would rather have a weak mid face and strong jaw rather than both avg)

6: Prob going to Ramieri, or some other Italian surgeon. not expensive and pretty conservative in general, which is what I want.

7: I have no idea what the levels are tbh, but from what I can gather from this forum, I am almost certainly a HTN (being as objective as possible). This would easily ascend me into "chad light," (I think this is next?? no clue lmao), bc my two biggest flaws are my forward growth and jaw width easily (my nose is ethnic (med/italian), dont even bother lol)

With these points in mind, what would you do?

PICS BELOW: The first is resting face, second is NOT edited, its just me jutting my lower jaw forward so my bottom teeth are in front of my front teeth, and slightly rotating them up, as well as moving my top lift forward a bit to simulate minimal LF1 movement. Holding nose so it is where it should be cuz making this pout face moved it back/in a weird way. I would expect I can achieve a result similar to this with small LF1 (3mm or so), and bringing lower jaw forward to match plus as much rotation needed to achieve near neutral occlusion plane, unless anyone thinks otherwise?

Also, sorry for long post. Thank you in advance to those who read and give advice!

IMG 7016 2
IMG 7015 2

Last edited:
[Serious]
Hi guys,

Considering a small bimax procedure for primarily aesthetics, but also for functional reasons as well. Considering these points below and the pictures of what I look like now and what I want to look like, in my position would you undergo this procedure?

1. I am not super recessed aesthetically, not top tier forward growth but this prob wouldn't be considered recession by any medical professional or ortho. Good maxilla and underage support, and my jaw is not steep. The circle in the pictures is where my gonial angle is (bulk rn, cant see it)

2. I would also undergo ramus widening as well (4-5mm each side, whatever my bio allows for basically). This would kill two birds with one stone in my eyes as jaw implants are something I 100% would do assuming no bimax. This is a deal breaker, with the bimax I would abolsutely be getting widening or else no go.

3. I do snore a little without mouth tape, this will certainly help

4. My bite is perfect, likely wouldn't need ortho after from hat I have seen from others

5. My cheekbones and under eye support are pretty good (cheekbones esp, when lean they pop and I have natural ogee curve), prob wont need mid face implants either (even if I did, would rather have a weak mid face and strong jaw rather than both avg)

6: Prob going to Ramieri, or some other Italian surgeon. not expensive and pretty conservative in general, which is what I want.

7: I have no idea what the levels are tbh, but from what I can gather from this forum, I am almost certainly a HTN (being as objective as possible). This would easily ascend me into "chad light," (I think this is next?? no clue lmao), bc my two biggest flaws are my forward growth and jaw width easily (my nose is ethnic (med/italian), dont even bother lol)

With these points in mind, what would you do?

PICS BELOW: The first is resting face, second is NOT edited, its just me jutting my lower jaw forward so my bottom teeth are in front of my front teeth, and slightly rotating them up, as well as moving my top lift forward a bit to simulate minimal LF1 movement. Holding nose so it is where it should be cuz making this pout face moved it back/in a weird way. I would expect I can achieve a result similar to this with small LF1 (3mm or so), and bringing lower jaw forward to match plus as much rotation needed to achieve near neutral occlusion plane, unless anyone thinks otherwise?

Also, sorry for long post. Thank you in advance to those who read and give advice!

View attachment 2716430View attachment 2716434
Some recession for a pinkoid. Worry about the front.

it wouldn't be a significant improvement based on the pictures you've provided, if you want your mental protuberance to be more forward you can just get fillers for that and you won't have to suffer through surgery.

it wouldn't be a significant improvement based on the pictures you've provided, if you want your mental protuberance to be more forward you can just get fillers for that and you won't have to suffer through surgery.
Appreciate the opinion bro. What is mental protuberance, though? Sorry sorta new to all this and unsure what exactly that means.

I do agree however that it would be a minimal aestethic improvement from the side profile, but what about with the ramus widening, and clear functional benefits as well? Would that sway you personally or still nah?

Front profile is what matters. Bimax is a meme surgery if your front is dogshit.
View attachment 2716551
Even for the functional benefits too? Of which I can def benefit from. Plus the ramus widening would affect the front profile too, better facial fifths ratio.

My front is also HTN like I said, def well above avg, just not top tier.

What operations were done here to widen out her front profile?
Most likely ramus widening along with the bimax. And/or a osseus genioplasty along with it, can help a bit.
Could also be soft tissue that still need to settle/swell down.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: catastaire