Should I get braces?

D

Deleted member 689

Iron
I'm turning 16 in 1 month. I have an overbite, spaces between some teeth and some crooked teeth. Are there better ways to fix these three things? I really don't want to screw my face with braces, but at the same time I think it's the only way to fix my teeth problems.

Some people might suggest mewing which I personally don’t agree will work at this age but in any case your crooked teeth and spaces between them can’t be fixed any other way. I’d say you should go for braces or Invisalign if possible. I'm not sure if it is the right age for you to get them now or later so you should find that. I had a bad bite and crooked teeth and Invisalign completely fixed it. There’s this thread I created about this.

Regarding the overbite, you should see how severe it is. Also if your bite isn't ideal which I guess might be the case because of the things you describe your profilemight change a bit after your bite is normal. If that doesn' satisfy you then the only way imo is to get jaw surgery which is expensive, invasive and stressful. I had a jaw surgery done too btw.

Some people might suggest mewing which I personally don’t agree will work at this age but in any case your crooked teeth and spaces between them can’t be fixed any other way. I’d say you should go for braces or Invisalign if possible. I'm not sure if it is the right age for you to get them now or later so you should find that. I had a bad bite and crooked teeth and Invisalign completely fixed it. There’s this thread I created about this.

Regarding the overbite, you should see how severe it is. Also if your bite isn't ideal which I guess might be the case because of the things you describe your profilemight change a bit after your bite is normal. If that doesn' satisfy you then the only way imo is to get jaw surgery which is expensive, invasive and stressful. I had a jaw surgery done too btw.
Thanks. I've been hard mewing for about 1 month now and I didn't notice much difference, but my cheeks are getting more hollow. I'll continue hard mewing just to make sure it doesn't get worse. I don't know if it's too late or too early to wear braces, a lot of people in school started using braces years ago.

This is my profile now:
IMG 9431

Would it improve if I start using braces? I'm scared to screw my face, because a lot of people say braces can change the growth or something like that.

Thanks. I've been hard mewing for about 1 month now and I didn't notice much difference, but my cheeks are getting more hollow. I'll continue hard mewing just to make sure it doesn't get worse. I don't know if it's too late or too early to wear braces, a lot of people in school started using braces years ago.

This is my profile now:
View attachment 15807

Would it improve if I start using braces? I'm scared to screw my face, because a lot of people say braces can change the growth or something like that.
I think your profile isn't bad. You should focus on the teeth since they would make your smile look bad imo and every time you open your mouth people can see it. ALso they would improve your bite. Overbite isn't even that bad if there is one. You should research more about the age at which you should get braces. I am older so it wasn't an issue for me.

Don't get braces unless they are desperately needed. Especially if they need to extract teeth. Mewing and chewing will better your overbite.

I think your profile isn't bad. You should focus on the teeth since they would make your smile look bad imo and every time you open your mouth people can see it. ALso they would improve your bite. Overbite isn't even that bad if there is one. You should research more about the age at which you should get braces. I am older so it wasn't an issue for me.
My smile isn't that bad actually, but my upper lip covers my upper teeth a little bit and my lower lip covers my lower teeth completely. I don't know why.
Don't get braces unless they are desperately needed. Especially if they need to extract teeth. Mewing and chewing will better your overbite.
What about my crooked teeth and the space between teeth?

My smile isn't that bad actually, but my upper lip cover my upper teeth a little bit and my lower lip cover my lower teeth completely. I don't know why.

What about my crooked teeth and the space between teeth?
Do you have a gummy smile? I mean when you smile do a lot of your gums show?

Yes get braces, alternatively you can mew for 10 years and then slit your wrists because nothing happened

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
Do you have a gummy smile? I mean when you smile do a lot of your gums show?
No, none of my gums show, my upper lip covers my upper teeth a little bit, so only half of my upper teeth show when I smile, and my lower lip covers my lower teeth completely, so my lower teeth don't show when I smile.
Yes get braces, alternatively you can mew for 10 years and then slit your wrists because nothing happened
I want to get braces, but many people say it makes your face worse. I have no idea what to do.

U also gotta relaize that dentists only create a solution, they don’t fix the root cause

• +1
Reactions: Yummyinmytummy
I'm taking my braces off and fixing my overbite myself with rubber bands and palate expanders, braces often (not always) are retractive; they fix problems by moving teeth back into your face. Especially if you have an overbite, they used to think that the upper jaw was "grown too forward" but now they abandoned that and say its both jaws fucked up, this is still wrong and they use elastics to ruin your cheekbones. Even if you do not get an orthodontist who believes in retractive approaches your teeth will not be able to move forward, as they do naturally in jaw growth. I'm not saying mewing will fix any problems because it is really fucking slow but braces can fuck you up or at least give you a shittier result than if you went for a protractive-only approach which doesn't exist because orthodontics are fucking retarded. They care about jaw alignment yes, but only the relationship between the maxilla and mandible, not if your jaws are aligned properly for the rest of your face.

No, none of my gums show, my upper lip covers my upper teeth a little bit, so only half of my upper teeth show when I smile, and my lower lip covers my lower teeth completely, so my lower teeth don't show when I smile.
Then what’s the issue? Your underbite doesn’t seem severe enough that you should care imo. You say that your smile is also not bad. Gummy smile is also not present. Everything seems normal in that case. You should get braces etc if your smile is being affected due to your teeth. If not you don’t really need to spend that time and effort.

I cannot draw faces so when you see my deformed birds just imagine the circular ones are chiseled chads with perfect cheekbones and the oval ones are horce face'd 'cels.
Untitled

• +1
Reactions: Yummyinmytummy
I cannot draw faces so when you see my deformed birds just imagine the circular ones are chiseled chads with perfect cheekbones and the oval ones are horce face'd 'cels.
View attachment 15825
How should I fix my overbite, crooked teeth and space between teeth then?

How should I fix my overbite, crooked teeth and space between teeth then?
Try myobrace, obviously orthodontics would be more effective but myobrace will not fuck you over. I have a myobrace and if it doesn't fix my overbite then I have to use rubber bands to pull my teeth in the proper directions for overbite correction, which if you're interested, they are 1. Angle upper incisors forward, 2. angle lower incisors backward, 3. move molars on upper and lower jaws forward.

Space correction is easy, I will get the video

Just don't let the elastics slide up into your gums (I'm not even sure this is possible but orthodontists all use this example to fearmonger) and you'll be fine

Last edited:
Try myobrace, obviously orthodontics would be more effective but myobrace will not fuck you over. I have a myobrace and if it doesn't fix my overbite then I have to use rubber bands to pull my teeth in the proper directions for overbite correction, which if you're interested, they are 1. Angle upper incisors forward, 2. angle lower incisors backward, 3. move molars on upper and lower jaws forward.

Space correction is easy, I will get the video

Just don't let the elastics slide up into your gums (I'm not even sure this is possible but orthodontists all use this example to fearmonger) and you'll be fine

Okay, so I'll get a myobrace for overbite and crooked teeth and correct the space between teeth with the video you sent. One question: can myobrace expand your palate aswell?

Yeah that's its primary goal
Is it the elastics that ruin your face and pull your maxilla back? Braces/Invisalign by themselves to fix crowding and shit shouldn’t be an issue?

Is it the elastics that ruin your face and pull your maxilla back? Braces/Invisalign by themselves to fix crowding and shit shouldn’t be an issue?
If you are for sure 100% not growing or expecting any mewing gains then it's not a problem, but myobrace will fix crowding.

Yeah that's its primary goal
But is it better than the orthodontic palate expander, or it's just as effective? Can you link me a site to buy it, please?

But is it better than the orthodontic palate expander, or it's just as effective? Can you link me a site to buy it, please?
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-myobrace-adults.html
Get a real one or a fake one doesnt matter as long as you keep it the same size (I reccomend large unless your palate is 100% certified megafucked) and stick to a brand when you move up the stages. You need to buy stages 1, 2, and 3. If you're a real gangster aka living in poverty you can skip to stage 2 you little rebel, stage 1 isn't really that important.

Orthodontic palate expander is better but probably more expensive. Get it if you want but don't let them brace you. Idk if the palate expanders there would fix your overbite at all, i've seen some results with myobrace though.

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-myobrace-adults.html
Get a real one or a fake one doesnt matter as long as you keep it the same size (I reccomend large unless your palate is 100% certified megafucked) and stick to a brand when you move up the stages. You need to buy stages 1, 2, and 3. If you're a real gangster aka living in poverty you can skip to stage 2 you little rebel, stage 1 isn't really that important.

Orthodontic palate expander is better but probably more expensive. Get it if you want but don't let them brace you. Idk if the palate expanders there would fix your overbite at all, i've seen some results with myobrace though.
If my intermolar width is about 29-33mm, is large going to fit me? I think I'm going to get a palate expander, and then myobrace and after that rubber bands to close gaps. Do I need to go to an orthodontist in order to get a palate expander or I can buy it online?

If my intermolar width is about 29-33mm, is large going to fit me? I think I'm going to get a palate expander, and then myobrace and after that rubber bands to close gaps. Do I need to go to an orthodontist in order to get a palate expander or I can buy it online?
I'm pretty sure you can buy one online, do you mean you would use myobrace after palate expansion? Myobrace would probably shrink your palate afterwards, I'd say myobrace > palate expander > rubber bands is your best shot.

I'm pretty sure you can buy one online, do you mean you would use myobrace after palate expansion? Myobrace would probably shrink your palate afterwards, I'd say myobrace > palate expander > rubber bands is your best shot.
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks.