Should I go to a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for mole removal?

metros

metros

Iron
I am curious as to if I should get my mole removal done at a Plastic Surgeon or at a Dermatologist, I have heard that a Dermatologist will leave scars on your face but I want to hear from anyone who has ever gotten mole removal done before and their experience.

More specifically, I have one on my nose, and some other minor ones that I would like to get removed, please lead me in the right direction.

whoevers cheaper nigga. also just ask chatgpt. youll get a better answer than the retards on here

Its a very simple procedure, I would trust a dermatologist more, although I think the result will depend more on proper after care.

I had it done for one on my stomach, i did not treat the scab properly afterwards and it has left a scar. probably only noticeable to me when im looking close but yo uwouldnt want that on your face

• +1
Reactions: bleachgoon
Whether you should see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon for mole removal largely depends on the reason for removal, the size and location of the mole, and your cosmetic concerns. Both professionals are capable of mole removal, but there are some differences to consider.

**Dermatologist**:
1. **Medical Concern**: Dermatologists specialize in skin conditions and are trained to recognize moles that may be cancerous or suspicious. If you have concerns about the nature of your mole, you should see a dermatologist first to evaluate the mole medically.
2. **Removal Techniques**: Dermatologists often employ shave excision, punch excision, or simple surgical excision for mole removal. These are standard techniques and can be done quickly in an office setting.
3. **Cosmetic Outcome**: While dermatologists are trained to minimize scarring, their primary focus is the health and function of the skin.

**Plastic Surgeon**:
1. **Cosmetic Outcome**: Plastic surgeons specialize in the aesthetics of the body. If your main concern is the cosmetic outcome, especially for facial moles or those in visible areas, a plastic surgeon might be the better choice. They can employ techniques to minimize scarring and promote better cosmetic outcomes.
2. **Complex Removals**: If a mole is large or in a cosmetically sensitive area, a plastic surgeon might provide more specialized removal techniques.

Given that you mentioned a mole on your nose and concerns about scarring, you may want to consider these steps:

1. **Dermatologist First**: If you've never had the mole evaluated, see a dermatologist first to ensure it's benign.
2. **Ask for Referrals**: If you decide on removal, ask your dermatologist if they think a plastic surgeon would be best for your specific situation. They might even have plastic surgeons they regularly refer patients to.
3. **Consultations**: Before committing, you can always have consultations with both a dermatologist and a plastic surgeon. Discuss your concerns, ask about the techniques they use, and inquire about scarring and healing.

Regardless of your choice, it's essential to follow all aftercare instructions provided by the professional to minimize scarring and ensure proper healing. And remember, any time you cut the skin, there's a potential for some scarring, but proper technique and aftercare can minimize this.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369 and bleachgoon
Use pliers

• JFL
Reactions: metros and Skywalker
try and avoid excision, stick with cryo or laser treatment, least scarring

Doesn’t matter who does it

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, metros and Skywalker