Should i jump on finasteride ASAP?

friendly local

friendly local

Bronze
Background:
No fully bald people on the family but thinning is very common on most members of the family
both grandpas have great hair up to 60+
i have that thinning spot in the middle since 16 but it definitely has grown with time (currently 24)
no receding on temples

i really dont mind a bit of a mature hairline since i already have a kinda short forehead and sometimes look like a caveman but i dont wanna go bald

should i wait a few months to check if it gets worse before hopping on fin?

Attachments

• brehs.jpg
    brehs.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 97
Hop on fin now or your avi will only serve to torment you

brehs-jpg.427040
peak of autism

• +1
Reactions: FutureMogger
NO.

Let me copy paste what happened to me on Fin:

I took finasteride for 2 weeks, it made me apathetic and lacking any positive emotions. I couldn't even enjoy music anymore.

I stopped immediately, and about 3 weeks after stopping I'm roughly 75% recovered to my original mental state, but still not fully back to normal and I dont know if I ever will be again.

If you take this for long stretches, you will do permanent damage to your brain which will ruin your quality of life possibly permanently (look up post-finasteride syndrome, its very real).

This is because fin destroy 5ar in your brain, which is responsible for so many good emotions like dopamine, and GABA (reduces anxiety same way alcohol does). Once the 5ar in your brain is destroyed, it never comes back.

Your best bet is to get a hair transplant when you reach N.W.2. Hair transplanted hairs never fall out for the rest of your life, this is the best solution.

Just jason-stathammaxx bro

NO.

Let me copy paste what happened to me on Fin:
shit my man i rather take the chance of the side effects than being bald, but more than that i wanted to know if its worth it to hop in with my thinning
i see most people agree
shieeet

Mirin AVI

Welcome to the delon gang

shit my man i rather take the chance of the side effects than being bald, but more than that i wanted to know if its worth it to hop in with my thinning
i see most people agree
shieeet

Well I had the exact same arrogant thinking as you. Believe me its much worse to feel shit all day everyday than be nw2 by the time you reach 30s (perfectly acceptable, and get Hair Transplant at that point if you want).

Just dont do it, and rest happy knowing you dodged a bullet, thanks to me warning you.

Its not just a risk BTW, it absolutely fucks with your brain because it has to reduce 5AR to reduce DHT, thats how this drug works.

When you reduce 5AR, the brain will have less GABA (5AR makes it naturally produced, synthetically it is produced by Alcohol), and less dopamine. Once the 5AR has been removed, it never comes back, you are permanently with less 5AR in the brain for life.

The ones who dont notice mental side effects, are simply not in tune with their brain enough to realise whats happening. I happen to be sensitive to any changes mentally so I caught it quickly.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and friendly local
i see most people agree
shieeet

Do some research on Finasteride. If what he said is true, then 80% of balding men, are dark triad sociopaths. Check out "Kevin Mann" on Youtube for tips on balding.
+ If you're actually seeing signs of active balding, either ways your depression will sky rocket.

Do some research on Finasteride. If what he said is true, then 80% of balding men, are dark triad sociopaths. Check out "Kevin Mann" on Youtube for tips on balding.
+ If you're actually seeing signs of active balding, either ways your depression will sky rocket.
i should had titled this differently i personally don think the thinning i have is that much of a concern but wanted to check in here to get second opinions but i dont think it was my brightest idea

Well I had the exact same arrogant thinking as you. Believe me its much worse to feel shit all day everyday than be nw2 by the time you reach 30s (perfectly acceptable, and get Hair Transplant at that point if you want).
eh i am gonna probably do what you say and just wait if it gets horribly worse (i honestly doubt i am gonna go full bald anytime soon since everywhere else my hair is really thick) lets just hope my engineering degree brings me money on the next years just in case i want a hair transplant lel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
Yes goy

• Woah
Reactions: Toth's thot