Should i switch from comp sci to pre med

Mr. President

Mr. President

Just do it brah
Money and time are not an issue, i just straight up enjoy orthodontics and think i would be better at it than software but my dad has a software company so the potential earnings are far greater , thoughts?
I have like a 3.7 but like a 2.7 this semester due to pledging

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga, incelmogger, tigrxs and 1 other person
do what u enjoy

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger, kiyopon, tigrxs and 1 other person
Depends if you want to go for passion or money

• +1
Reactions: tigrxs and Mr. President
Older people always advise me to do what I love, not what earns me the most so do with that as you will

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheBrownOne, incelmogger, tigrxs and 1 other person
computer science is oversaturated, good luck competing with the Asians, whose lives are 50% studying and 50% sleeping

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: itiswhatitis1, Funnyunenjoyer1, kiyopon and 1 other person
computer science is oversaturated, good luck competing with the Asians, who's lives are 50% studying and 50% sleeping
getting into med school is much harder than getting a cs job when ur dad owns a software company

• +1
Reactions: itiswhatitis1, incelmogger, N8verBegan and 1 other person
computer science is oversaturated, good luck competing with the Asians, whose lives are 50% studying and 50% sleeping
Same with med bro, my class is like 90% asians, fucking mog all of them thou :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1 and tigrxs
getting into med school is much harder than getting a cs job when ur dad owns a software company
he could probably get a job from his dad without needing a degree, can't do the same for medicine

Money and time are not an issue, i just straight up enjoy orthodontics and think i would be better at it than software but my dad has a software company so the potential earnings are far greater , thoughts?
Me personally, im a med student in collage, either is good tbf, i prefer med but depends what sort of shit you like

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President and tigrxs
Pretty easy competing w asians thou, every employer has a automatic bias towards non east asians. Its over for ricecells

• +1
Reactions: butterworld and tigrxs
You need 3.8 gpa bare minimum for med school boyo

I can do it
Tbh if u got 3.7 while taking high level CS or CompE classes, I think it's possible with some grind for MCAT. 4 of my friends from high school did biology pre med track and they flunked on General Chem (JFL) and gave up premed. If your not one of those many "pre meds" ur good

• +1
Reactions: Mr. President
Yes bro. I would 100% do medicine if I wasn’t doing law, but next year (start of 3rd) I’m gonna go to a different uni and hopefully do a double in sciences/law so I can study both things that intrigue me instead of doing shit I already know (l.e. with my criminology double atm). I’m either gonna major in biochemistry and molecular biology, biomedical science or psychology, and then minor in pharmacology.

• +1
Reactions: future_ and Mr. President
Nigga it's like 85% studying 10% their parents yelling at them to become rich and 5% sleeping

• JFL
Reactions: Pikabro
Me personally, im a med student in collage, either is good tbf, i prefer med but depends what sort of shit you like
how is life ? Is there any extra time for gym or gaming

Yes bro. I would 100% do medicine if I wasn’t doing law, but next year (start of 3rd) I’m gonna go to a different uni and hopefully do a double in sciences/law so I can study both things that intrigue me instead of doing shit I already know (l.e. with my criminology double atm). I’m either gonna major in biochemistry and molecular biology, biomedical science or psychology, and then minor in pharmacology.
Why medicine?

how is life ? Is there any extra time for gym or gaming
Yeah there is, i routinemaxx and try get a set amount of work done before 5 (if no lectures) and before 8 (if i have lectures), i acc get like alot of free time

Alot of people complain abt too much workload, bc theyre laxy retards who procrastinate

• +1
Reactions: future_ and iammoh
Yeah there is, i routinemaxx and try get a set amount of work done before 5 (if no lectures) and before 8 (if i have lectures), i acc get like alot of free time

Alot of people complain abt too much workload, bc theyre laxy retards who procrastinate
Alr thanks cuz I want to go hard on the gym next year when I finish Hs, how much do u think does the gym matter in college? (Girls)

First of all, if you're prioritizing pledging over GPA good luck bro. Your priorities are backward. Tbh neither route here seems like a bad option. Inheriting your dad's company (assuming it does p well) will have you far richer than an ortho would though. Also, it depends on your study habits. Do you trust yourself to never procrastinate, study, get A's on everything, possibly fail the MCAT/DAT but not quit?

Just go to premed if comp sci is too hard. I couldn't hack it in comp sci school, now I'm doing this pharmacy tech shut for peanuts.