Should I take other supplements to balance Beta-Carotene?

Swimcell

Swimcell

21st Century Schizoid Man
I tried a beta-carotene regimen for a couple months in 2019, and noticed some good color at first. Only after a couple months my skin went full carrot mode so I bitched out and phased it out of my supplements.

I took 50,000 IU once a day before bed in the form of 2 softgels for the span of about 4-5 months.

Now that I’m giving Beta-Carotene another shot, I’d like to be more educated. Should it be balanced with other supplements? Was I taking too much? Too little? At the wrong time?

For Context:
- I’m 185cm or ~6’1
- 180 lbs
- Very poor circulation
- Pale as fuck because I live in the frozen wastes

Please, Beta-Carotene-pill me

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
astaxanthin is good too

• +1
Reactions: Milk
U swim son?

I’ve had ginkgo biloba help with my cold hands, as well as drinking a ton of water. I’m in a super cold state so it was helpful. I stopped taking ginkgo though because I read its not good to take long term

U swim son?
Yessir. My old man got me into it when he figured out I was too much of a bitch to surf. I swim at my uni now but I’m honestly kind of burnt out.
I’ve had ginkgo biloba help with my cold hands, as well as drinking a ton of water. I’m in a super cold state so it was helpful. I stopped taking ginkgo though because I read its not good to take long term

interesting. Never heard of this before but I will research it. Thank you bro.

Yessir. My old man got me into it when he figured out I was too much of a bitch to surf. I swim at my uni now but I’m honestly kind of burnt out.
Nice brah, what events?

ye I am 200im, 500 free, and back in relays

Nice. I never had the stamina to swim anything longer than a 200 competitively. If you swim in college, athletic dorms are pure suifuel if you’re not NT or ugly like me, but if you’re a slayer they’re ideal.

I tried a beta-carotene regimen for a couple months in 2019, and noticed some good color at first. Only after a couple months my skin went full carrot mode so I bitched out and phased it out of my supplements.

I took 50,000 IU once a day before bed in the form of 2 softgels for the span of about 4-5 months.

Now that I’m giving Beta-Carotene another shot, I’d like to be more educated. Should it be balanced with other supplements? Was I taking too much? Too little? At the wrong time?

For Context:
- I’m 185cm or ~6’1
- 180 lbs
- Very poor circulation
- Pale as fuck because I live in the frozen wastes

Please, Beta-Carotene-pill me

Probably just lower the dose to one pill a day, and then see the results. If it's still too much then one every other day.

Probably just lower the dose to one pill a day, and then see the results. If it's still too much then one every other day.

I think you’re right. I’ll try incorporating astaxanthin as well and see where that takes me.

I take 150,000 IU of beta carotene and 12mg of astaxanthin daily