Should mindless crypto shilling be disallowed?

Should it be disallowed?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexanderr

Alexanderr

Admin
Staff
When Serge created this sub-forum, I don’t think he envisioned this sub-forum to be but another spot for people to shill their crypto coins.

It’s so pervasive there’s hardly any meaningful discussion taking place, I don’t plan on disallowing talk about crypto in general but I do want to get rid of blatant shilling that does nothing for the forum or its users.

Though before coming to a conclusion, I’d like to hear your thoughts and sentiments.

EDIT: I HAVE COME TO A CONCLUSION. FROM NOW ON, NO MORE MINDLESS SHILLING OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES, IF YOU DO SO, YOU WILL GET WARNED.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Deleted member 6128, Deleted member 14264 and 5 others
Yeah so it's stops poor retards like @kjsbdfiusdf from investing their whole life savings into it

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Elvisandreaa, AscendingHero and 3 others
this forum greatest thing is that you can talk About everything tbh I wouldn't change it:Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, joeveniro, AlexBrown84 and 1 other person
When Serge created this sub-forum, I don’t think he envisioned this sub-forum to be but another spot for people to shill their crypto coins.

It’s so pervasive there’s hardly any meaningful discussion taking place, I don’t plan on disallowing talk about crypto in general but I do want to get rid of blatant shilling that does nothing for the forum or its users.

Though before coming to a conclusion, I’d like to hear your thoughts and sentiments.
No, if people bought what I told them when I told them, they would've 20x their money (and counting).

As long as people don't act like cult leaders who can predict the future of their recently 50xd 2billion mcap shitcoins, shilling projects can be very helpful.

No, if people bought what I told them when I told them, they would've 20x their money (and counting).
It could’ve very well have gone the other way but if you give people sound, structed arguments as to why you should invest in a cryptocurrency, sure, I’ll allow that.
As long as people don't act like cult leaders who can predict the future of their recently 50xd 2billion mcap shitcoins
That’s exactly what’s happening.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963

I don’t even know what shilling is but I always get a good laugh out of crypto users. Why do you wanna change the forum?

if you wanna do something good make it so you can edit rated section posts typos

It could’ve very well have gone the other way but if you give people sound, structed arguments as to why you should invest in a cryptocurrency, sure, I’ll allow that.

That’s exactly what’s happening.
Should still be allowed imo. Maybe issue a warning/ make a post about the risks of investing, but everyone who does that should be aware of the risks in the first place.
Maybe warn people when they make the 3rd post about the same meme coin (and stop @whatamIdoinwithmylyf from making crypto threads).

You don't have to change the forum tbh.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and ifyouwannabemylover
I don’t even know what shilling is but I always get a good laugh out of crypto users. Why do you wanna change the forum?
This sub-forum isn’t for entertainment though, it essentially serves as a place where people can get educated and have discussions on things essential in getting ahead in life, whether that be investing, employment or acquiring new skills.
Mindlessly shilling a cryptocurrency you went balls deep in, hoping others will too because it benefits you doesn’t contribute to that.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Atem Rah and one job away
This sub-forum isn’t for entertainment though, it essentially serves as a place where people can get educated and have discussions on things essential in getting ahead in life, whether that be investing, employment or acquiring new skills.
Mindlessly shilling a cryptocurrency you went balls deep in, hoping others will too because it benefits you doesn’t contribute to that.
This whole place is for entertainment

• JFL
Reactions: Atem Rah
this forum greatest thing is that you can talk About everything tbh I wouldn't change it:Comfy:
Then that undermines the intent of the forum, fundamentally it’s still a self-improvement forum hence the name “Looksmax” and this sub-forum is serves that idea self-improvement. We wouldn’t want the looksmaxing section to be riddled with unrelated shitposts either so why should this section?
This whole place is for entertainment
No.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11134, Deleted member 6963 and one job away
Then that undermines the intent of the forum, fundamentally it’s still a self-improvement forum hence the name “Looksmax” and this sub-forum is serves that idea self-improvement. We wouldn’t want the looksmaxing section to be riddled with unrelated shitposts either so why should this section?

No.
If you change the idgaf what you guys talk about policy idk if this is good.

Last edited:
No . And I dont see so many threads about it

• +1
Reactions: .👽. and Deleted member 6963
Should still be allowed imo. Maybe issue a warning/ make a post about the risks of investing, but everyone who does that should be aware of the risks in the first place.
Maybe warn people when they make the 3rd post about the same meme coin (and stop @whatamIdoinwithmylyf from making crypto threads).

You don't have to change the forum tbh.
I don’t think so, I am not against advocating for a cryptocurrency when there’s good reason to but I’m against mindlessly endorsing it with the intent that others buy into the shitcoins you own. It doesn’t contribute anything, if anything, it just repels users that did come with the intention of finding useful stuff.

• +1
Reactions: one job away and Deleted member 6963
@Alexanderr My vote is yes, ban it. Even if the shilling is transparent, there are three arguments I can think of against it.

One is that the subforum is for Moneymaking and Success. By nature, a pump and dump crypto scheme means the exact opposite—Losing Money and Failure—for the vast majority of people left holding the bag.

The second is that the site attracts, somewhat hilariously, a suggestible and desperate demographic. Should such people, ones who are willing to bet the presumable dozens to hundreds of US dollars they have to their names on the advice of some rabid crypto shill, all for a shot at winning enough money to probably get some surgery they’ll do anything for, not be protected from themselves? I mean, far be it from me, just speaking personally, to stop people from reaping the fruit of their own stupidity, but the whole point of this site I thought was to assist each other. Like imagine if someone was maliciously sharing intentionally misleading surgery advice. Would you allow that? Or maybe more analogously, imagine if in this section it was popular to promote any other Ponzi scheme. Penny stocks, Herbalife, or other ways to fleece these poor idiots. Would you allow those in their heyday?

My last argument, as someone who is discriminating, is that the shitty crypto hype-job posts are just intellectually offensive and tiresome. They do nothing but drag down the quality of discussion, and I was under the impression that that’s what Off-Topic was for.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
@Alexanderr My vote is yes, ban it. Even if the shilling is transparent, there are three arguments I can think of against it.

One is that the subforum is for Moneymaking and Success. By nature, a pump and dump crypto scheme means the exact opposite—Losing Money and Failure—for the vast majority of people left holding the bag.

The second is that the site attracts, somewhat hilariously, a suggestible and desperate demographic. Should such people, ones who are willing to bet the presumable dozens to hundreds of US dollars they have to their names on the advice of some rabid crypto shill, all for a shot at winning enough money to probably get some surgery they’ll do anything for, not be protected from themselves? I mean, far be it from me, just speaking personally, to stop people from reaping the fruit of their own stupidity, but the whole point of this site I thought was to assist each other. Like imagine if someone was maliciously sharing intentionally misleading surgery advice. Would you allow that? Or maybe more analogously, imagine if in this section it was popular to promote any other Ponzi scheme. Penny stocks, Herbalife, or other ways to fleece these poor idiots. Would you allow those in their heyday?

My last argument, as someone who is discriminating, is that the shitty crypto hype-job posts are just intellectually offensive and tiresome. They do nothing but drag down the quality of discussion, and I was under the impression that that’s what Off-Topic was for.
All very sound arguments, can’t say I disagree, though the ban might come at the expense of activity on this subforum, like was pointed out to me in PMs and it’s still rather ambiguous whether it’ll truly elevate the standard of discussion.
I suppose to comes down to which is valued more the integrity of the sub-forum or its activity.

In the end, I think I’ll ban it, it’s not a zero-sum game, as more valuable information piles up within the sub-forum, it’ll appeal to more users.

interesting idea but have you even invested in floki op?

Yes
crypto shilling indians have ruined many good forums

it pisses me off so much
I can't wait until they skulk back into the shadows when the bear market begins

I like this forum because it's very open and you can post pretty much anything, don't start infringing on that unless you want this site to become reddit 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.