Should trimax be planned together with implants?

E

everythingmatters

Silver
Trimax=bimax + genio

Should trimax be planned together with implants (zygos+rims)?

I have read that if you make a very big advance of trimax, the result can be unpleasant if the rest of your face is recessive. So I guess bimax / trimax should be planned considering if your zygos are recessive or not and if you plan to get implants or not?

What you think @Sergio-OMS @RealSurgerymax ?

Last edited:
does it matter

What's trimax?

bimax+genio+???

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Warlow
actually youre right

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
Please elaborate, develop more why and what should I consider in addition to what I comment above
you need to elaborate bro. are you getting implants straight after you’re done with trimax? during? you should wait until your bloat is gone after your surgery and see how your results are then if you’re still unsatisfied then get implants

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and mulattomaxxer
I would do the bimax + genio first then see what the results are before getting implants. Unless your really rich these surgeries are going to be a huge financial investment. 99% of people cannot afford to get a bimax + genio into zygo + rim implants. Having some patience between getting your bimax + genio and getting implants would be very valuable. You dont want to look like a gay alien because your were in a rush to ascend.

Trimax=bimax + genio

Should trimax be planned together with implants (zygos+rims)?

I have read that if you make a very big advance of trimax, the result can be unpleasant if the rest of your face is recessive. So I guess bimax / trimax should be planned considering if your zygos are recessive or not and if you plan to get implants or not?

What you think @Sergio-OMS @RealSurgerymax ?

Implants can and are placed at the time of orthognathic surgery.

However there are some considerartions:

1. Anesthesia time. Orthognathic cases can already run on the long side especially for elective aesthetic surgery. Implants would add a little bit of extra time.

2. Custom Implant Design - if the implant is meant to be continuous with the LeFort I then special cutting guides are recommended. Custom Implants have been planned & combined with osteotomies before.

3. Effect on osteotomy healing - Depending how big the movement, an implant bordering the unhealed osteotomy line may not be doing bone healing any favors.

In general, a 2-staged procedure is ideal, with the added benefit of smoothing any contour irregularities left by the orthognathic phase.

If it is not continous, more of an infraorbital implant then considerations 2 and 3 are less relevant.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262