Discussion Skincare products are complete waste of cash

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Comon guys.. when have you ever seen someone magically get good skin by putting some bullshit product in their face? Sure if you have some trash diet and your skin is dehydrated because of that yes a moisturizer will obviously hydrate your skin.... but it would be better to just get all the nutrient and hydration you need from your diet.

Some things work... such as medical problems solving diseases, like Isotretinion pills does get rid of your medical problem such as acne.

But general skin condition like your tightness, wrinkles, scarring, skin tone. When the fuck have you ever seen someone just fucking put a stupid product in their face and improved it?

A friend of mine recently underwent his 2nd micro needling treatment and me and my other friend see jack shit of difference. He of course swears to god that he can see a difference, (probably just coping with having spent money on nothing).

Except for diseases, your skin quality is pretty much your DNA + diet + lifestyle.

jake_okok

jake_okok

Enthusiast
Time online
13d 1h 0m
yeah as someone who had super bad acne until accutane this is true
but i think some products can make your skin GLOW, it wont necessarily keep your skin clear (it's an internal issue) but it might help a bit and make ur skin look healthier
(A no shit example is moisturiser...)

Depends tho coz most just end up making your skin react harshly because of the chemicals :lul:

J

John124

Mage
Time online
12d 19h 39m
Is there any evidence retin-a is actually a looksmax

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
jake_okok said:
yeah as someone who had super bad acne until accutane this is true
but i think some products can make your skin GLOW, it wont necessarily keep your skin clear (it's an internal issue) but it might help a bit and make ur skin look healthier
(A no shit example is moisturiser...)

Depends tho coz most just end up making your skin react harshly because of the chemicals :lul:
Yeah vitamin c serum makes my skin glow for some hours, but that's it. So It's practically speaking just make up.

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
John124 said:
I have never seen any evidence for this. And even if your skin becomes a little tighter, at the cost of reducing your fat under your skin in your face it's pretty much looksmin. I guess maybe if you have a lot of fat, and could be better off with a little less and you are somehow extremely susceptible for the "benefit" that may not even exist, and you don't mind paying for it, well then I guess its possible it is worth it by a minuscule amount.

PingPong

PingPong

Sleeping rn… chelski are still shit!
Time online
30d 11h 8m
Carnivore

Carnivore

Wizard
Time online
7d 18h 49m
John124 said:
Yes, but it's more of a preventative measure. It's not gonna give you Chad skin, but it'll slow down aging by increasing cell turnover rate.

thesexiestboulalive

thesexiestboulalive

“she smells like flowers”
Time online
50d 23h 5m

khvirgin

khvirgin

Master
Time online
31d 1h 30m
I have dermatitis, so skincare products are a waste of cash for me :feelswhy:

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Carnivore said:
Yes, but it's more of a preventative measure. It's not gonna give you Chad skin, but it'll slow down aging by increasing cell turnover rate.
Id rather put my faith in improving diet. Which your skin is made out of. Made on the inside.

Get tonnes of grass fed beef, not grain and soy fed trash meat.

Free range chicken eggs.

A lot of good animal fat. Wild fat fish. Fucking hell go shoot an elk or deer and eat it. Natural diet.

Carnivore

Carnivore

Wizard
Time online
7d 18h 49m
chasing aesthetics said:
Id rather put my faith in improving diet. Which your skin is made out of. Made on the inside.
Of course you need to eat healthy. Cut the sugar and the processed foods.

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Carnivore said:
Of course you need to eat healthy. Cut the sugar and the processed foods.
You on the carnivore diet?

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Carnivore said:
Me too, although I eat some fruit. No vegetables though, vegetables are trash. Fruit doesn't contain the anti nutrients that vegetables do. I don't eat a whole lot of it tho, maybe like 1-2 fruits a day. tops maybe a big mango and an apple. Kiwi´s are nice as well.

Carnivore

Carnivore

Wizard
Time online
7d 18h 49m
chasing aesthetics said:
Me too, although I eat some fruit. No vegetables though, vegetables are trash. Fruit doesn't contain the anti nutrients that vegetables do. I don't eat a whole lot of it tho, maybe like 1-2 fruits a day. tops maybe a big mango and an apple. Kiwi´s are nice as well.
That's good. Fruit is fine, I guess, as it doesn't have anti-nutrients as you said. I just stick to meat, eggs and cheese tbh.

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Carnivore said:
That's good. Fruit is fine, I guess, as it doesn't have anti-nutrients as you said. I just stick to meat, eggs and cheese tbh.
There are so many good cheeses. Cheeses that have been stored for like 2 years that taste like caramel, but have no sugar at all!!

Carnivore

Carnivore

Wizard
Time online
7d 18h 49m
chasing aesthetics said:
There are so many good cheeses. Cheeses that have been stored for like 2 years that taste like caramel, but have no sugar at all!!
I haven't tried those. I'll look into that. Any old cheeses in particular that are tasty?

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
31d 18h 1m
Carnivore said:

so the before/afters on reddit arent real? theres some pretty decent improvements in skin, apparently.. but needs to be used long term

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Carnivore said:
I haven't tried those. I'll look into that. Any old cheeses in particular that are tasty?
Well the one that taste like caramel that I am thinking of is made locally here where I live. Go to the desk where they sell fresh stuff, you will find more expensive and exclusive cheeses nearby I would think.

Carnivore

Carnivore

Wizard
Time online
7d 18h 49m
spain said:
so the before/afters on reddit arent real? theres some pretty decent improvements in skin, apparently.. but needs to be used long term
Can you link some please? I know it can improve your skin, but from my understanding, apart from reversing some sun damage, it's mostly preventative.

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Zephir
Time online
242d 7h 30m
Waste of cash?

Retin A - 10 Dollars for months
Moisturizer - ceravr, 10 dollars
suncsreen - 15 dollar
vit c - ordinary 8 dollar

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Deusmaximus said:
Waste of cash?

Retin A - 10 Dollars for months
Moisturizer - ceravr, 10 dollars
suncsreen - 15 dollar
vit c - ordinary 8 dollar
Considering that the premise of my argument here is that they don't work as intended, even they costed 0 dollars they would still not be worth the money.

SixCRY

SixCRY

Quantum
Time online
44d 20h 29m
eduardkoopman

eduardkoopman

Zephir
Time online
230d 21h 48m
chasing aesthetics said:
Comon guys.. when have you ever seen someone magically get good skin by putting some bullshit product in their face?
larsanova.
Hopping ont that tretinoin, and beat the acne.

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
SixCRY said:
keep coping
I don't think it is me who is coping bro..

Rupert

Rupert

Adept
Time online
5d 21h 17m
you can easily find studies that show retin a works... you can just do simple research instead of making posts

SixCRY

SixCRY

Quantum
Time online
44d 20h 29m
chasing aesthetics said:
I don't think it is me who is coping bro..
If you never used:
Retino A
Moisturizer
Exfoliant with AHA and BHA

Then ur missing something.

My skin improved a lot from those 3

Yes genetics beats skincare so some people have perfect skin with shit diet and no skincare cuz their body prodimuce a lot of collagen like Korean but it's not the case for most people

mulattomaxxer

mulattomaxxer

22 Y/O GYMCELLING VIRGIN
Time online
34d 9h 12m
Skin care products are tools which should be used if you require them.

Think of it like this, if you weren't ill you wouldn't take paracetomel. If you didn't have hayfever you wouldn't take loratadine. The same applies for skincare products.

Mr.cope

Mr.cope

Life ends at 18
Time online
179d 22h 15m
Cetaphil works good

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
SixCRY said:
If you never used:
Retino A
Moisturizer
Exfoliant with AHA and BHA

Then ur missing something.

My skin improved a lot from those 3

Yes genetics beats skincare so some people have perfect skin with shit diet and no skincare cuz their body prodimuce a lot of collagen like Korean but it's not the case for most people
Bruh, after I started eating a lot of animal products every day, meat and eggs especially I never needed moisturizer again. My skin was always hydrated and felt really smooth.

L

Lawton88

Professional
Time online
32d 5h 42m
Dermarolling can make a difference for people mid 30s and above.

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
31d 18h 1m
Carnivore said:
Can you link some please? I know it can improve your skin, but from my understanding, apart from reversing some sun damage, it's mostly preventative.

its sorted by most popular threads on top... browse around and look for before/after pictures

J

JawGuyFatFaceGuy

Fatcel Skinnyfat
Time online
46d 22h 27m
chasing aesthetics said:
Comon guys.. when have you ever seen someone magically get good skin by putting some bullshit product in their face? Sure if you have some trash diet and your skin is dehydrated because of that yes a moisturizer will obviously hydrate your skin.... but it would be better to just get all the nutrient and hydration you need from your diet.

Some things work... such as medical problems solving diseases, like Isotretinion pills does get rid of your medical problem such as acne.

But general skin condition like your tightness, wrinkles, scarring, skin tone. When the fuck have you ever seen someone just fucking put a stupid product in their face and improved it?

A friend of mine recently underwent his 2nd micro needling treatment and me and my other friend see jack shit of difference. He of course swears to god that he can see a difference, (probably just coping with having spent money on nothing).

Except for diseases, your skin quality is pretty much your DNA + diet + lifestyle.
What food does he eat?

Youthful

Youthful

Instructor
Time online
8d 11h 21m
Healthy diet sometimes doesn't help skin. If you got acne you got acne and no diet will magically kill that bacteria that infests your face. My diet is 100 percent clean and focused around paleo foods but my skin is full of acne and redness. Depends on weather too. It clears up in the summer and is horrible in the winters.

I guess a method to defeat acne could be not looking in the mirror for a whole month and not washing your face for a whole month (other than some water dripping from the shower). It is a mental manifestation too imo

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Apprentice
Time online
3d 17h 16m
Youthful said:
Healthy diet sometimes doesn't help skin. If you got acne you got acne and no diet will magically kill that bacteria that infests your face. My diet is 100 percent clean and focused around paleo foods but my skin is full of acne and redness. Depends on weather too. It clears up in the summer and is horrible in the winters.

I guess a method to defeat acne could be not looking in the mirror for a whole month and not washing your face for a whole month (other than some water dripping from the shower). It is a mental manifestation too imo
Thats what in trying to say. Your skin quality itself wont be improved by products. But certain diseases can be cured with medicine.

F

Foreverbrad

Trainee
Time online
2d 15h 25m
Skincare products are a possible waste of a very small amount of cash that pales into insignificance compared to other looksmaxing costs such as surgeries, stylemaxing, bodybuilding, statusmaxing and so on. For such a little cost I don't care if it works or not, it's good for my peace of mind that I'm doing all I can.

Youthful

Youthful

Instructor
Time online
8d 11h 21m
chasing aesthetics said:
Thats what in trying to say. Your skin quality itself wont be improved by products. But certain diseases can be cured with medicine.
Acne needs medicine right? I am hygienic but I get pustules every day. Bacterial infestation