Skincare products are complete waste of cash

chasing aesthetics

chasing aesthetics

Bronze
Comon guys.. when have you ever seen someone magically get good skin by putting some bullshit product in their face? Sure if you have some trash diet and your skin is dehydrated because of that yes a moisturizer will obviously hydrate your skin.... but it would be better to just get all the nutrient and hydration you need from your diet.

Some things work... such as medical problems solving diseases, like Isotretinion pills does get rid of your medical problem such as acne.

But general skin condition like your tightness, wrinkles, scarring, skin tone. When the fuck have you ever seen someone just fucking put a stupid product in their face and improved it?

A friend of mine recently underwent his 2nd micro needling treatment and me and my other friend see jack shit of difference. He of course swears to god that he can see a difference, (probably just coping with having spent money on nothing).

Except for diseases, your skin quality is pretty much your DNA + diet + lifestyle.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 8771, sly shinkai and 3 others
yeah as someone who had super bad acne until accutane this is true
but i think some products can make your skin GLOW, it wont necessarily keep your skin clear (it's an internal issue) but it might help a bit and make ur skin look healthier
(A no shit example is moisturiser...)

Depends tho coz most just end up making your skin react harshly because of the chemicals :lul:

• +1
Reactions: chasing aesthetics and coolguy1
Is there any evidence retin-a is actually a looksmax

• +1
Reactions: sly shinkai
yeah as someone who had super bad acne until accutane this is true
but i think some products can make your skin GLOW, it wont necessarily keep your skin clear (it's an internal issue) but it might help a bit and make ur skin look healthier
(A no shit example is moisturiser...)

Depends tho coz most just end up making your skin react harshly because of the chemicals :lul:
Yeah vitamin c serum makes my skin glow for some hours, but that's it. So It's practically speaking just make up.

I have never seen any evidence for this. And even if your skin becomes a little tighter, at the cost of reducing your fat under your skin in your face it's pretty much looksmin. I guess maybe if you have a lot of fat, and could be better off with a little less and you are somehow extremely susceptible for the "benefit" that may not even exist, and you don't mind paying for it, well then I guess its possible it is worth it by a minuscule amount.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
cope

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
Yes, but it's more of a preventative measure. It's not gonna give you Chad skin, but it'll slow down aging by increasing cell turnover rate.

Boombox Shut Up GIF

• JFL
Reactions: efidescontinuado
I have dermatitis, so skincare products are a waste of cash for me :feelswhy:

Yes, but it's more of a preventative measure. It's not gonna give you Chad skin, but it'll slow down aging by increasing cell turnover rate.
Id rather put my faith in improving diet. Which your skin is made out of. Made on the inside.

Get tonnes of grass fed beef, not grain and soy fed trash meat.

Free range chicken eggs.

A lot of good animal fat. Wild fat fish. Fucking hell go shoot an elk or deer and eat it. Natural diet.

• +1
Reactions: Bensky and JawGuyFatFaceGuy
Me too, although I eat some fruit. No vegetables though, vegetables are trash. Fruit doesn't contain the anti nutrients that vegetables do. I don't eat a whole lot of it tho, maybe like 1-2 fruits a day. tops maybe a big mango and an apple. Kiwi´s are nice as well.

Me too, although I eat some fruit. No vegetables though, vegetables are trash. Fruit doesn't contain the anti nutrients that vegetables do. I don't eat a whole lot of it tho, maybe like 1-2 fruits a day. tops maybe a big mango and an apple. Kiwi´s are nice as well.
That's good. Fruit is fine, I guess, as it doesn't have anti-nutrients as you said. I just stick to meat, eggs and cheese tbh.

That's good. Fruit is fine, I guess, as it doesn't have anti-nutrients as you said. I just stick to meat, eggs and cheese tbh.
There are so many good cheeses. Cheeses that have been stored for like 2 years that taste like caramel, but have no sugar at all!!

There are so many good cheeses. Cheeses that have been stored for like 2 years that taste like caramel, but have no sugar at all!!
I haven't tried those. I'll look into that. Any old cheeses in particular that are tasty?

so the before/afters on reddit arent real? theres some pretty decent improvements in skin, apparently.. but needs to be used long term

I haven't tried those. I'll look into that. Any old cheeses in particular that are tasty?
Well the one that taste like caramel that I am thinking of is made locally here where I live. Go to the desk where they sell fresh stuff, you will find more expensive and exclusive cheeses nearby I would think.

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore
so the before/afters on reddit arent real? theres some pretty decent improvements in skin, apparently.. but needs to be used long term
Can you link some please? I know it can improve your skin, but from my understanding, apart from reversing some sun damage, it's mostly preventative.

just get a cleanser
moisturizer
retin-a
bha exfoliant

all the 4 things you need

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: CtrlAltDelete, sly shinkai and JawGuyFatFaceGuy
Waste of cash?

Retin A - 10 Dollars for months
Moisturizer - ceravr, 10 dollars
suncsreen - 15 dollar
vit c - ordinary 8 dollar

Waste of cash?

Retin A - 10 Dollars for months
Moisturizer - ceravr, 10 dollars
suncsreen - 15 dollar
vit c - ordinary 8 dollar
Considering that the premise of my argument here is that they don't work as intended, even they costed 0 dollars they would still not be worth the money.

Comon guys.. when have you ever seen someone magically get good skin by putting some bullshit product in their face?
larsanova.
Hopping ont that tretinoin, and beat the acne.

3480.jpg

• So Sad
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard
you can easily find studies that show retin a works... you can just do simple research instead of making posts

I don't think it is me who is coping bro..
If you never used:
Retino A
Moisturizer
Exfoliant with AHA and BHA

Then ur missing something.

My skin improved a lot from those 3

Yes genetics beats skincare so some people have perfect skin with shit diet and no skincare cuz their body prodimuce a lot of collagen like Korean but it's not the case for most people

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, JawGuyFatFaceGuy and mulattomaxxer
Skin care products are tools which should be used if you require them.

Think of it like this, if you weren't ill you wouldn't take paracetomel. If you didn't have hayfever you wouldn't take loratadine. The same applies for skincare products.

Cetaphil works good

If you never used:
Retino A
Moisturizer
Exfoliant with AHA and BHA

Then ur missing something.

My skin improved a lot from those 3

Yes genetics beats skincare so some people have perfect skin with shit diet and no skincare cuz their body prodimuce a lot of collagen like Korean but it's not the case for most people
Bruh, after I started eating a lot of animal products every day, meat and eggs especially I never needed moisturizer again. My skin was always hydrated and felt really smooth.

Dermarolling can make a difference for people mid 30s and above.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Can you link some please? I know it can improve your skin, but from my understanding, apart from reversing some sun damage, it's mostly preventative.

its sorted by most popular threads on top... browse around and look for before/after pictures

Comon guys.. when have you ever seen someone magically get good skin by putting some bullshit product in their face? Sure if you have some trash diet and your skin is dehydrated because of that yes a moisturizer will obviously hydrate your skin.... but it would be better to just get all the nutrient and hydration you need from your diet.

Some things work... such as medical problems solving diseases, like Isotretinion pills does get rid of your medical problem such as acne.

But general skin condition like your tightness, wrinkles, scarring, skin tone. When the fuck have you ever seen someone just fucking put a stupid product in their face and improved it?

A friend of mine recently underwent his 2nd micro needling treatment and me and my other friend see jack shit of difference. He of course swears to god that he can see a difference, (probably just coping with having spent money on nothing).

Except for diseases, your skin quality is pretty much your DNA + diet + lifestyle.
What food does he eat?

Healthy diet sometimes doesn't help skin. If you got acne you got acne and no diet will magically kill that bacteria that infests your face. My diet is 100 percent clean and focused around paleo foods but my skin is full of acne and redness. Depends on weather too. It clears up in the summer and is horrible in the winters.

I guess a method to defeat acne could be not looking in the mirror for a whole month and not washing your face for a whole month (other than some water dripping from the shower). It is a mental manifestation too imo

Healthy diet sometimes doesn't help skin. If you got acne you got acne and no diet will magically kill that bacteria that infests your face. My diet is 100 percent clean and focused around paleo foods but my skin is full of acne and redness. Depends on weather too. It clears up in the summer and is horrible in the winters.

I guess a method to defeat acne could be not looking in the mirror for a whole month and not washing your face for a whole month (other than some water dripping from the shower). It is a mental manifestation too imo
Thats what in trying to say. Your skin quality itself wont be improved by products. But certain diseases can be cured with medicine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12216
Skincare products are a possible waste of a very small amount of cash that pales into insignificance compared to other looksmaxing costs such as surgeries, stylemaxing, bodybuilding, statusmaxing and so on. For such a little cost I don't care if it works or not, it's good for my peace of mind that I'm doing all I can.

Thats what in trying to say. Your skin quality itself wont be improved by products. But certain diseases can be cured with medicine.
Acne needs medicine right? I am hygienic but I get pustules every day. Bacterial infestation