Skincare products made my skin worse

mefrom

mefrom

Bronze
Ever since i upped my skincare i've been getting more pimples. I use moisturizer, benzoyl peroxide and a 'CeraVe blemish control gel'. I used to only use moisturizer sometimes and some benzoyl peroxide at night and i had pretty clear skin, only some whiteheads. Now i started applying a stronger benzoyl peroxide cream and i use that blemish control gel also a lot, and im getting pimples out of nowhere. My diet has been somwehat clean, it has been the same as it was when i had no pimples. Do i just quit??

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Everything except tretinoin, sunscreen and moisturizer is a cope.

I say that as someone who spent $1000s experimenting with Korean skincare, western skincare, serums and all sorts of bullshit that do nothing except fatten the wallet of whatever big corporation bought that skincare line.

Vitamin C serum can work for brightening skin complexion, but it needs to be formulated at a certain pH level (like Skinceuticals vitamin C serum) or it's just dead ascorbic acid sitting there for no reason.
GHK-cu (copper peptide) serum can tighten skin pores, but it's just not worth the exorbitant price.

Most of your skin quality is genetical. You can improve it to some degree with tretinoin, or if your moisture barrier is completely destroyed, occlusive moisturizers that stay on overnight.
Those are the only two topicals that do anything. If you want any drastic changes, you have to pay for lasering and invasive procedures.

• +1
Reactions: Amadeus, kingpiin, Narcissus🥀 and 9 others

I say that as someone who spent $1000s experimenting with Korean skincare, western skincare, serums and all sorts of bullshit that do nothing except fatten the wallet of whatever big corporation bought that skincare line.

Vitamin C serum can work for brightening skin complexion, but it needs to be formulated at a certain pH level (like Skinceuticals vitamin C serum) or it's just dead ascorbic acid sitting there for no reason.
GHK-cu (copper peptide) serum can tighten skin pores, but it's just not worth the exorbitant price.

Most of your skin quality is genetical. You can improve it to some degree with tretinoin, or if your moisture barrier is completely destroyed, occlusive moisturizers that stay on overnight.
Those are the only two topicals that do anything. If you want any drastic changes, you have to pay for lasering and invasive procedures.
Thank you. Fuck this skincare shit. I am quitting it

Ever since i upped my skincare i've been getting more pimples. I use moisturizer, benzoyl peroxide and a 'CeraVe blemish control gel'. I used to only use moisturizer sometimes and some benzoyl peroxide at night and i had pretty clear skin, only some whiteheads. Now i started applying a stronger benzoyl peroxide cream and i use that blemish control gel also a lot, and im getting pimples out of nowhere. My diet has been somwehat clean, it has been the same as it was when i had no pimples. Do i just quit??
over

so why do you continue? Not all skins are the same, it's a trial game towards what works for you, it's that simple.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070
so why do you continue? Not all skins are the same, it's a trial game towards what works for you, it's that simple.
I won't continue. Im quitting it.

I've been saying this for years, I'm currently on hydroq and other skin whitening products, once I fix my skin complexion I'm gonna discard and use tret and sunscreen for life

I won't continue. Im quitting it.
try what works for you, i randomly got the best skin ive ever had, there's a skincare bible i've been gatekeeping, but pretty much you should seek to exfoliate chemically and topically to constantly have a new "Layer of skin" which you supplement with moisture,

tret seems to be a hassle, i already have issues with photo radiation from my screens and sun

probably because ur skin is being irritated, its just ur skin type

If you don't mind answering, are skinlightening/skinwhitening products cope as well?

If you don't mind answering, are skinlightening/skinwhitening products cope as well?
No. Hydroquinone is proven to work. It's a fact that it lightens skin pigment.

It's not permanent though, you can get uv damage from the sun after using hydroquinone making it necessary to apply all the time to keep the skin light.

It's not permanent though, you can get uv damage from the sun after using hydroquinone making it necessary to apply all the time to keep the skin light.
Is there anyway to bypass the skin damage? I heard it damages skin after many usages.
Would it work in a country where sun doesn't come out often?

Is there anyway to bypass the skin damage? I heard it damages skin after many usages.
Would it work in a country where sun doesn't come out often?
You would get a lower risk of hyperpigmentation or skin damage if you applied it in a country that has a low UV index year round.
Then again, most of these countries are nordic countries or the very north of Canada or Russia.

HQ is only useful for ethnic men for whom its a looksmax. Or for asian women.
I see no point using it as a white. My skin is naturally pasty and it looks awful without a tan that is at least 3-4 shades darker.
Almost all white males look better with a tanned skin than pasty skin.

It's a good product for black or mixed people who want to make their skin several shades lighter though.

You would get a lower risk of hyperpigmentation or skin damage if you applied it in a country that has a low UV index year round.
Then again, most of these countries are nordic countries or the very north of Canada or Russia.

HQ is only useful for ethnic men for whom its a looksmax. Or for asian women.
I see no point using it as a white. My skin is naturally pasty and it looks awful without a tan that is at least 3-4 shades darker.
Almost all white males look better with a tanned skin than pasty skin.

It's a good product for black or mixed people who want to make their skin several shades lighter though.
I am southeast asian. I'm moving to a northern europe country in the future for a scholarship. Is it possible for me to apply the product year round? atleast in the winter, and not in the summer.

Facial cleansers are kinda cope. Water will do the job most of the time, but if you are excessively sweating then a natural based cleanser can be good.

Sunscreen is definitely necessary, but it can block vitamin d absortion. Sun exposure is very important for skin, so going 20 minutes in the sun does more good than harm. As for prolonged sun exposure, sunscreen is definitely necessary.

Drinking water throughout the day with celtic salt will hydrate your body, including skin. Moisturisers may not be necessary, but I could be wrong there, just an assumption.

Tretinoin is definitely very effective for the skin. That along with sunscreen is the only essential things tbh.

Skin quality is very environomental

• +1
Reactions: Luh?nn?
I've been saying this for years, I'm currently on hydroq and other skin whitening products, once I fix my skin complexion I'm gonna discard and use tret and sunscreen for life
What other products and how is hq working? What concentration are you using?

Most of your skin quality is genetical.
Why do you exactly say this?

Pores size is genetic but if every baby wore sunscreen and had the same upbringing

Their wouldn’t be drastic of a difference in terms of hyperpigmentation, acne/acne scars, texture

It made my skin darker for some reason so I stopped using it

Using too much moisturiser can give you pimples

probably because ur skin is being irritated, its just ur skin type
For sure. My skin has been better since i stopped. For me its just clean diet and dont let my skin get greasy thats most important.

• +1
Reactions: aquaaxe

thats why making your own vitamin C serum with ph stripes and baking soda to regulate it mogs

thats why making your own vitamin C serum with ph stripes and baking soda to regulate it mogs
How the fuck do you do that
Do you squeeze the juice out of a lemon and mix it with baking soda

OP i used Cerave moisturizer once on sunday and the next morning i had 8 small zits on my face
They grew massively yesterday and today i called in sick for work because i look like a crack addict

How the fuck do you do that
Do you squeeze the juice out of a lemon and mix it with baking soda

OP i used Cerave moisturizer once on sunday and the next morning i had 8 small zits on my face
They grew massively yesterday and today i called in sick for work because i look like a crack addict
u need ascorbic acid, baking soda, glycerin, ph strips and water

What % tret are you on? And what did you start off on

Why do you exactly say this?

Pores size is genetic but if every baby wore sunscreen and had the same upbringing

Their wouldn’t be drastic of a difference in terms of hyperpigmentation, acne/acne scars, texture
I doubt it. My skin even with all the expensive skincare in the world and a perfect diet was worse at age 25 than the skin of all sorts of people (including models) doing zero skincare and eating McDonald's daily at age 30.

Some people's skin starts getting red, patchy and rough as early as age 1-2 as toddlers and it never really gets better through puberty and young adulthood. Their parents have the same red splotches, dry and ugly skin.

I hate to say it's one case of "chad eats pizza" brought to real life.

@kingpiin: 0,1% since it's the most powerful version. 0,025% and 0,05% are good for building up a tolerance.

Try using tretinoin from skinorac, cerave moisturiser and a good cleanser along with SPF from la roche posay and your skin will improve

Skincare is gay cope and marketing scam, i only use SPF daily

When will Mf realize that the Jewish skin care companies only work for women

• So Sad
Reactions: desilva
I feel you bro but l am not stupid like you and use cerave shit and benzoyl peroxide. Still over for me tho 😢