Sleep Deprivation for better social skills?

Deleted member 8856

Deleted member 8856

No Im not alright, but Im all up on my cheddar
So the other day I had back to back 12 hr shifts as usual and I got 4 hours of sleep the night before. That day at work I noticed my social skills were 10x better and conversations were much more smooth, and I was alot more impulsive, and much lower inhibitons (was still miserable because lack of sleep tho) I noticed similar experiences thruout High school. So this got me thinking why sleep deprivation does this and I wanted other people's experience so I went on Reddit and found multiple post confirming my observation. Like this post:

JFL this guy said sleep deprivation got him into relationships because he was more social:
Screenshot 20210925 201058

Lots of these posts said that being sleep deprived is like having a couple drinks, and your brain is slower so you're less likely to overthink things. They also said there was a study on this

I honestly found it more effective for social skills than anytime I took phenibut. Phenibut just improved my mood tbh.

So should we start sleepdeprivemaxxing now? Its fuckin horrible for health I'm mostly joking on doing this but its just an observation. Thoughts?

TD;LR : Sleep deprivation may lower effectively inhibitons (similar to being drunk)

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: flippasav, HeightOrDie, valhalar and 19 others
jfl I noticed this too.

but for me there's a difference between the exhausted type of sleep deprivation where you feel awful and get aggravated easily as opposed to the chill kind where you feel like you're floating on a cloud or something. the latter is what helps with inhibition for me.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: falcon1, HeightOrDie, Kroker and 11 others
Yes it 1000% helps my dude

when i’m sleep deprived I act like the ugly version of Maher on cocaine and people seem to like it

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: falcon1, aBetterMii and Deleted member 9670
Sleep deprivation looksmin you hard

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, Fforsaken_11, LastHopeForNorman and 6 others
  • JFL
Reactions: BigBiceps, ShowerMaxxing and R@m@
  • +1
Reactions: falcon1 and BigBiceps
jfl I noticed this too.

but for me there's a difference between the exhausted type of sleep deprivation where you feel awful and get aggravated easily as opposed to the chill kind where you feel like you're floating on a cloud or something. the latter is what helps with inhibition for me.
i didnt get enough sleep this week and i started acting like a bitch to everybody lol i yelled at my friend forgot why

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 8856
jfl I noticed this too.

How many hours for the latter

i didnt get enough sleep this week and i started acting like a bitch to everybody lol i yelled at my friend forgot why
yeah when I don't get enough sleep and then have to get up and do shit during the day I feel like going er in minecraft. but just staying up for longer than usual is what creates that floating on a cloud feeling for me before I finally get to ldar for 12h straight.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8856
yeah when I don't get enough sleep and then have to get up and do shit during the day I feel like going er in minecraft. but just staying up for long is what creates that floating on a cloud feeling for me before I finally get to ldar for 12h straight.
Staying up all night?

Staying up all night?
then you'll probably have low inhibitions for 3 hours in the morning or something but having to do shit during the day is awful.

there's no effective way to apply this and it's dumb anyway. try blasting phenibut.

then you'll probably have low inhibitions for 3 hours in the morning or something but having to do shit during the day is awful.

there's no effective way to apply this and it's dumb anyway. try blasting phenibut.
Phenibut doesn't change me socially tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and ifyouwannabemylover
This only works once a time thing, its bad af to do for days

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 8856 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: BrendioEEE
Sleep deprivation looksmin you hard
Unless youre pretty boy alt maxxer that wears black clothes and shit and girls unironically like the super tired dark eyes (is niche tho ofc)

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, TUSSELEIF, Deleted member 9670 and 1 other person
Being sleep deprived makes you low inhib, it's scientific proven

• +1
Reactions: falcon1
Results from running off stress hormones

probably reduces amygdala activity, less social anxiety yeah

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
So the other day I had back to back 12 hr shifts as usual and I got 4 hours of sleep the night before. That day at work I noticed my social skills were 10x better and conversations were much more smooth, and I was alot more impulsive, and much lower inhibitons (was still miserable because lack of sleep tho) I noticed similar experiences thruout High school. So this got me thinking why sleep deprivation does this and I wanted other people's experience so I went on Reddit and found multiple post confirming my observation. Like this post:

JFL this guy said sleep deprivation got him into relationships because he was more social: View attachment 1335080
Lots of these posts said that being sleep deprived is like having a couple drinks, and your brain is slower so you're less likely to overthink things. They also said there was a study on this

I honestly found it more effective for social skills than anytime I took phenibut. Phenibut just improved my mood tbh.

So should we start sleepdeprivemaxxing now? Its fuckin horrible for health I'm mostly joking on doing this but its just an observation. Thoughts?

TD;LR : Sleep deprivation may lower effectively inhibitons (similar to being drunk)

When I'm sleep deprived im anxious as shit, i do way better socially with good sleep.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
Yeah but you’ll look like shit, red eyes, dark undereyes, saggy eyes, bad skin
Its not about how you look bro... You should know this by now

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: falcon1, Deleted member 9670 and TUSSELEIF
Damn, you must be socialmaxxed then
Yeah but no. it makes having a job hellish and I’m more social able not tired by far

• +1
you shouldn't want better social skills

you shouldn't want to be more NT

these things are traps

get more sleep, become healthier, thrive

• JFL
Reactions: micropenis29
Try even less sleep then
I just generally feel like shit without sleep. We all have our different reasons for not being happy with our social life, bad social skills is most definitely not mine.

• +1

JFL this guy said sleep deprivation got him into relationships because he was more social: View attachment 1335080

sleep deprivation can temporarily relieve symptoms of clinical depression and anxiety

i also find it makes me funnier and more open similar to being tipsy

• +1
sleep deprivation can temporarily relieve symptoms of clinical depression and anxiety

i also find it makes me funnier and more open similar to being tipsy
How can I feel like this 24/7

• +1
Sleep deprivation increases your agression amongs other things, and that may contribute.

Giga high iq, u just reminded me of this one time i was sleep deprived at an event and was way more outgoing than usual

i think its legit, when im sleep deprive i eye fuck every girls

Yeah but no. it makes having a job hellish and I’m more social able not tired by far
Only real "cure" to anxiety is being agressive as it gets tbh everything else is cope

Only real "cure" to anxiety is being agressive as it gets tbh everything else is cope
First of all your sentence doesn’t make sense, secondly, I’m only anxious when I have only slept a couple of hours. Thirdly wtf are you talking about, “just be aggressive” you completely clueless autistic moron kill yourself

• JFL
Reactions: thegoat and Deleted member 15338
First of all your sentence doesn’t make sense, secondly, I’m only anxious when I have only slept a couple of hours. Thirdly wtf are you talking about, “just be aggressive” you completely clueless autistic moron kill yourself
Wtf i wasnt talking about u :forcedsmile: and yeah this is true anxiety is a just primitive fight or flight response and it is genetic. Most people with anxiety always choose acting super kind and submissive for compensating it. What i am trying to say you should to the reverse and it is only legit solution btw unironically "just be agressive".

Big amygdala(%100 genetic btw)=Social anxiety=Fight-Flight-Freeze response
Fight or flight
2795194 article what is the fight or flight response 5a98601d8e1b6e0036df2951

Images 1

Wtf i wasnt talking about u :forcedsmile: and yeah this is true anxiety is a just primitive fight or flight response and it is genetic. Most people with anxiety always choose acting super kind and submissive for compensating it. What i am trying to say you should to the reverse and it is only legit solution btw unironically "just be agressive".
Ok next time I leave the basement im gonna "unironically just be aggressive". Surely i will climb the social hierarchy and make many foids wet using "unironically just be aggressive" technique. BTW i look like this

• JFL
Reactions: Patient A and Deleted member 15338
Ok next time I leave the basement im gonna "unironically just be aggressive". Surely i will climb the social hierarchy and make many foids wet using "unironically just be aggressive" technique. BTW i look like this

View attachment 1351614
i am not denying it is autistic af and you cant yell or beat random people jfl. But anxiety is all about what i said therapy/drugs/sleep or other retarded things are cope.

Big amygdala(%100 genetic btw)=Social anxiety=Fight-Flight-Freeze response
View attachment 1351606View attachment 1351605
View attachment 1351607
Sometimes you don’t do either. You just don’t care anymore. nearly every time when i am extremely tired I just want to go to bed zero care about drama bro you don’t understand. For some reason this response of zero care can de-escalate or makes people walk away. Or I just walk away. No care only tired. Want sleep

Sometimes you don’t do either. You just don’t care anymore. nearly every time when i am extremely tired I just want to go to bed zero care about drama bro you don’t understand. For some reason this response of zero care can de-escalate or makes people walk away. Or I just walk away. No care only tired. Want sleep
Yeah this is why i also mentioned "freeze" in other words surrender.

1633423801159-png.1351614
Lift weights, build huge muscles, get tattoos, ditch the glasses, wear cool clothes...

Yeah this is why i also mentioned "freeze" in other words surrender.
No my friend, you don't freeze, you just decide that you don't care, You should know where you stand with your possible outcomes to any given situation in the moment but most people just think too emotionally and make rash bad decisions.

Your argument is stupid and you are a teenager

No my friend, you don't freeze, you just decide that you don't care, You should know where you stand with your possible outcomes to any given situation in the moment but most people just think too emotionally and make rash bad decisions.

Your argument is stupid and you are a teenager
Freeze=giving up=dont caring also whats up with being a teen

You are primitive and lack life experience
Muh life experience life is extremly simple if u say otherwise you are coping with being a loser on metaphysical levels