Sleep schedule is gigafucked

Edgar

Edgar

Mistral
How to fix really shitty sleep schedule? I legit go to sleep at 7-8 am and wake up at 3-5 pm. It is not even consistently fucked up, like if I went to sleep at 7 am everyday and woke up at 3 pm everyday that would be better than this. I have gone several consecutive days without seeing the sun at all jfl, my t levels have plummeted probably. :Comfy::Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: hiwasuwor, Deleted member 17174, DivineBeing and 3 others
Yeah I'm pretty bad too. Usually would be 6 am to 3 pm but with school now like 4:30-11:30.

• +1
Reactions: Edgar
get on mk677, drop before bed you’ll be out like a light

gives insane dreams as well

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, ALP, DivineBeing and 5 others
get on mk677, drop before bed you’ll be out like a light

gives insane dreams as well
Looks like we don't have it where I live :feelswah: ( jfl at this shithole)

You've gotta be strict. Go to bed and wake up at the same time EVERY DAY NO EXCEPTION.

Sleep regulates mood, hormones. Deals with muscle repair, etc.

Get serious or you will age prematurely.

• +1
Reactions: Boxingfan, PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 17174 and 10 others
I take pills that have Melatonin and Magnesium in it, works pretty good

• +1
turn off light early and stay in dark until you sleep,
you will get extremely bored and try to reach your phone but dont,
just lie on your bed and imagine making out with your or someone oneitis and you will sleep soon

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Broski, LastHopeForNorman, Elvisandreaa and 4 others
You've gotta be strict. Go to bed and wake up at the same time EVERY DAY NO EXCEPTION.

Yes bro:Comfy: but rn what can I do? It is 5:43 am and I haven't slept yet

Yes bro:Comfy: but rn what can I do? It is 5:43 am and I haven't slept yet
Pick a time you want to go to bed and wake up everyday.

Meditation before bed can help.

How to fix really shitty sleep schedule

just sleep bro

jk, for me going to the gym fixed it. i sit pc all day, so i need to release my powerz

• +1
Same bro my sleep schedule is dog shit

• Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Edgar
seems fine

• JFL
same :owo: my deformed skull doesn't allow me to breathe very well so some days I just rot for 5 hours before falling asleep (instead of the usual 2), as you can imagine this advances my sleeping periods considerably every time :owo:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9072 and Edgar
With experience, I realized that you don't need magic pills or an all nighter to fix your sleep schedule. You just need one big thing in your life that forces you to wake up early and get enough sleep, and you'll be motivated enough to go to sleep 12-13 hours after you wake up, instead of 15-16 hours later, and as a result, if you get 8 hours of sleep per night and you stay awake for 12-13 hours, you will wake up a little bit earlier each day.

Or, if you want to speed up the process, sleep for 5-6 hours for 1-2 nights by going to sleep as early as possible and waking up 5-6 hours later, and you'll fix your schedule in just 1-2 days. Personally, I can't do that because I take ADHD medication which keeps me awake for 13 hours and only makes me really tired after around 15 hours but if you don't take medication that prevents you from sleeping earlier, then you can do it faster than me.

Also, for me the big thing that motivated me to wake up earlier was always when I was serious about lifting weights consistently. When I was gaming nearly 24/7, I really didn't care about how much sleep I was getting and I also neglected my diet by not eating enough.

• +1
Reactions: Introvertednarc, ChristianChad, Edgar and 1 other person
How is your breathing? It plays a vital role in how much you sleep you will need throughout the night and also with regards to how fit/tired you will end up feeling throughout the day.
Focus on increasing CO2 levels in your blood through breathing exercises like these:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Edgar and randomuser2407
Commit homicide on a colossal scale

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Fear and Edgar
How to fix really shitty sleep schedule? I legit go to sleep at 7-8 am and wake up at 3-5 pm. It is not even consistently fucked up, like if I went to sleep at 7 am everyday and woke up at 3 pm everyday that would be better than this. I have gone several consecutive days without seeing the sun at all jfl, my t levels have plummeted probably. :Comfy::Comfy:
just ajdust it gradually over a long time, tomorrow you can aim to go to sleep at 6-7 am and wake up at 3-4 pm and then just move the goalpost sligthly everyday.

• +1

it doesn't work for people like me with non-24, tried everything for years

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
How is your breathing? It plays a vital role in how much you sleep you will need throughout the night and also with regards to how fit/tired you will end up feeling throughout the day.
Focus on increasing CO2 levels in your blood through breathing exercises like these:

does this also work for severely deformed birdcels? :owo:

• +1
I'll tell u what OP go to psychatrist get Mirtazapine, it isn't opoid or benzoid and doesn't mess with your neurotransmitters, very mild effect on Noradrenaline at higher doses, at lower doses besically none. It reduces serotonin which is good

Its main sleep aid mechanism is that it nukes Cortisol, and also increases T3 hormone as a result of this (stress hormones surpress Thyroid function and conversation, and Thyroid hormones especially T3 make you sleep like a baby, which is a bit weird because it also gives you very high energy. The Thyroid is a great gland)
So if u want 100% foolproof way to sleep everytime, take 1/4 of a pill and you'll sleep really good, use this to fix your sleep schedule.

• Love it
Reactions: N1666 and Edgar
And as for a permanent solution, and I'm telling you unironically, wake up at 4 AM everyday

By 7:00 you will be dead tired

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Edgar
And as for a permanent solution, and I'm telling you unironically, wake up at 4 AM everyday

By 7:00 you will be dead tired
This also allows you to get early morning sunlight (6:45-8:30 AM) which will fine-tune Circadian Rhythm and the Uv-A in the morning is also required for proper Dopaminergic Cycling

• +1
Just stop whoring around and fckin multiple stacys every night and you should get back to a normal one …

• JFL

CO2 is a big part in Ray Peat
Check out his article on it (search Ray Peat Carbon dioxide/CO2)

But personally I wouldn't waste time on this, it didn't help me much, even with inhaling pure CO2 by adding White vinegar to baking soda (releases CO2 from baking soda...) And then bag breathing for 15 minutes after. Felt nice and calm but in dire circumstances it wouldn't help me fall asleep.

The best way to keep good CO2 levels in general is to have good Thyroid function.

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
With experience, I realized that you don't need magic pills or an all nighter to fix your sleep schedule. You just need one big thing in your life that forces you to wake up early and get enough sleep, and you'll be motivated enough to go to sleep 12-13 hours after you wake up, instead of 15-16 hours later, and as a result, if you get 8 hours of sleep per night and you stay awake for 12-13 hours, you will wake up a little bit earlier each day.

Or, if you want to speed up the process, sleep for 5-6 hours for 1-2 nights by going to sleep as early as possible and waking up 5-6 hours later, and you'll fix your schedule in just 1-2 days. Personally, I can't do that because I take ADHD medication which keeps me awake for 13 hours and only makes me really tired after around 15 hours but if you don't take medication that prevents you from sleeping earlier, then you can do it faster than me.

Also, for me the big thing that motivated me to wake up earlier was always when I was serious about lifting weights consistently. When I was gaming nearly 24/7, I really didn't care about how much sleep I was getting and I also neglected my diet by not eating enough.
Be careful with ADHD medication. It was the thing holding me back from setting and achieving goals. Once I learned how to control my thoughts and become self aware, I became much more functional without Adderall

CO2 is a big part in Ray Peat
Check out his article on it (search Ray Peat Carbon dioxide/CO2)

But personally I wouldn't waste time on this, it didn't help me much, even with inhaling pure CO2 by adding White vinegar to baking soda (releases CO2 from baking soda...) And then bag breathing for 15 minutes after. Felt nice and calm but in dire circumstances it wouldn't help me fall asleep.

The best way to keep good CO2 levels in general is to have good Thyroid function.
Yeah, I believe that there is definitely a lot of overlap between Buteyko and Ray Peat as both of them focus on increasing CO2 levels. I think that they can complement each other pretty well.

Lately, I've been focussing on increasing my control pause which I certainly believe to be a good investment as it improves body oxygenation. As an asthmatic, airway restoration is one of my primary goals right now and I could potentially achieve that by increasing my control pause up to ~35-40 seconds.

A low control pause is almost always characterized by hyperventilation which in turn, results in hypothyroidism.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and ChristianChad
Yeah, I believe that there is definitely a lot of overlap between Buteyko and Ray Peat as both of them focus on increasing CO2 levels. I think that they can complement each other pretty well.
I definitely think so aswell.
Bag breathing is advocated in Ray Peat circles and Ray himself as therapeutic, and functionally the end result is very similar to Buteyko (atleast when comparing the short sessions of both, I'm not sure about the practice of progressively adapting to a smaller nasal airway by plugging the nose and going on about ones day, have you heard of this?), which is "mechanically" elevating blood CO2 levels.
Something which overlaps is trying not to hyperventilate in general.
Something to note, when I had much more Hypo symptoms (and also anxiety), I had problems taking in a deep breath (Dyspnea), and at the time this was cured by doing the thing I mentioned with the baking soda and vinegar (putting them together in a bottle then opening it and quickly inhaling all the pure CO2 gas) and controlled bag breathing afterwards.

A low control pause is almost always characterized by hyperventilation which in turn, results in hypothyroidism.
So it seems hyperventilation can lower CO2 levels enough to have a metabolic impact, and also Hypothyroidism can lower CO2 levels produced by the body (via lack of proper Glucose Oxidation, even when idle, which is the mechanism of cancer if I remember... that is, anerobic Glucose Oxidation even when you are idle and not exercising. this doesn't produce CO2, is less efficient (less ATP per Glucose molecule) and also produces Lactate (again, even when idle)) (proper Aerobic Glucose Oxidation produces CO2, this is done on a cellular level) and this is a negative feedback loop (?)

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Gargantuan
I go to bed at 12 and wake up at 19, it’s over

• +1
Mods sticky this :Comfy:

I'll tell u what OP go to psychatrist get Mirtazapine, it isn't opoid or benzoid and doesn't mess with your neurotransmitters, very mild effect on Noradrenaline at higher doses, at lower doses besically none. It reduces serotonin which is good

Its main sleep aid mechanism is that it nukes Cortisol, and also increases T3 hormone as a result of this (stress hormones surpress Thyroid function and conversation, and Thyroid hormones especially T3 make you sleep like a baby, which is a bit weird because it also gives you very high energy. The Thyroid is a great gland)
So if u want 100% foolproof way to sleep everytime, take 1/4 of a pill and you'll sleep really good, use this to fix your sleep schedule.
Thanks brocel you seem to know your shit:feelshmm: I will see if I can get it:Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
I go to bed at 12 and wake up at 19, it’s over
that's pretty good actually. just a few more hours and you go to bed at 18 and wake up at 1 :love:

• Love it
Reactions: TUSSELEIF
I always fall asleep at 7 am when i have night shift :lul:

• +1
@Lorsss pin this bro there is some good info here

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Edgar and PURE ARYAN GENETICS

I did the same for years. Eventually I would go to bed one hour later than the day before. So After a while I would even go to bed at 11 AM and wake up at 7 pm. There are two solutions for this:

1. Get a job that forces a sleep schedule on you. This helped me a lot.

but the even much better advice:

2. Just go to bed early. The issue is not that you are sleeping to long and getting up earlier won't fix it. What you should do is to go to bed as early as you start feeling even slightly tired. Prepare yourself so you are ready to go to bed instantly when you get tired. This is what will fix your sleep cycle.

• +1
Reactions: Edgar and ChristianChad
I have the same schedule. Except I didn't sleep today at all and it's 1pm now.

• +1
Cut out caffeine, citric acid in drinks (they cause massive insomnia), and, if you work out, do it early in the day.
Also, don't eat large meals too close to bedtime, and don't drink carbonated beverages/alcohol, or spicy foods too close to bedtime.

• +1
Cut out caffeine, citric acid in drinks (they cause massive insomnia), and, if you work out, do it early in the day.
Also, don't eat large meals too close to bedtime, and don't drink carbonated beverages/alcohol, or spicy foods too close to bedtime.
Bro jfll I pretty do the opposite of what you describe :feelshmm: I need to make a 180° turn:feelsrope: