Sodium to potassium ratio

Dodevu

Dodevu

Diamond
Might be a long shot posting here but…

I noticed when I cut down salt/sodium to around 2g/800mg my pumps in gym would be non existent and I would look flat like I have no muscles, but for example if I consumed 6g/2400mg with around 7000mg potassium would that counteract the bloat but at the same time keep my muscles looking full? Or would it just mean I would be back to square one as if I didn’t eat much sodium?

dude if you consume 7000mg of potassium you will end up in ER or even probably die of a heart attack before arriving to the ER

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Acne Victim, Deleted member 22829, Tallooksmaxxer and 2 others
I have a theory that if you scale up your water and potassium intake with your salt intake (should be about 1000mg of potassium and 500mL of water per 1000mg of Salt) and possibly also use diuretics such as dandelion or HCTZ you could actually have quite a high salt diet because you'd be constantly flushing your electrolytes out.

Yet to be tested.

I have a theory that if you scale up your water and potassium intake with your salt intake (should be about 1000mg of potassium and 500mL of water per 1000mg of Salt) and possibly also use diuretics such as dandelion or HCTZ you could actually have quite a high salt diet because you'd be constantly flushing your electrolytes out.

Yet to be tested.
I eat a lot of potatoes so it’s relatively easy for me to hit potassium - so for example if I ate 5g salt with 5000mg potassium I would be bloat free whilst my muscles are inflated and still be able to keep strength?

Because that’s the problem - everytime I go low salt my strength is poor and I can’t get a pump and look deflated.

Ideal is 4:1 potassium to sodium but 2:1 ia fine