Software engineering is the worst choice you can make

no lol, that’s literally what it is. It predicts the next most likely word. it’s autistic niggers like you that jumped onto the bandwagon like they do with every gimmick that comes out.
yeah bro you're special with your human thinking. invincible

let me ask you something. when you form a sentence, what do you think about? perhaps the next words to use?

but bro AI is a gimmick for mindless normgroids. It's not going to be taking any jobs and time soon. It's shit.
lmaoo bro is still coping

I already replaced your job with AI shitskin

no lol, that’s literally what it is. It predicts the next most likely word. it’s autistic niggers like you that jumped onto the bandwagon like they do with every gimmick that comes out.
hzhahahahah u really think it just predicts the next word 🤣 deluding urself hard

Nigga i was gonna be a software engineering BBC what should I take instead in the tech field?

Software engineering degree is basically a status boost. You have a piece of paper saying that you are smart and competent compared to other majors. It is also not as hard as other engineering fields. Even tho the software field will be over saturated, you will still have a lot of options compared to other majors. CS/CE mogs hard if you do not have connections.

Nope, still shit, no one will give you a job off your software engineering major other than intern

hzhahahahah u really think it just predicts the next word 🤣 deluding urself hard
Explain what it does in one sentence 🤣

Nope, still shit, no one will give you a job off your software engineering major other than intern

Explain what it does in one sentence 🤣
bro why do all of the non cs majors and cs majors that couldnt find a job cope in this thread bruh

bro why do all of the non cs majors and cs majors that couldnt find a job cope in this thread bruh
IMG 2476

Average CS major looks like this

thank god im switching from cs to business jfl
currently taking fuck ton of ap courses for cs in highschool right now, and am going to college for cs soon. what specifically made you want to make the switch from cs to business aside from whats already mentioned in this thread? ive been watching martin shkreli and learning about investment and finance a little recently, and I honestly feel that it might not have be worth it to go into cs nowadays, when i can just use my technical skills to try and earn more in the trading industry

dnrd a lot of the replies but I'll just say this - the world has more than enough shitty order-takers, but never enough creative value-add software engineers.

stay as technical as you can while still doing a business degree, its people who are technical but also business minded that end up earning more
what do you think would be better to major in, finance, or sales and marketing.

currently taking fuck ton of ap courses for cs in highschool right now, and am going to college for cs soon. what specifically made you want to make the switch from cs to business aside from whats already mentioned in this thread? ive been watching martin shkreli and learning about investment and finance a little recently, and I honestly feel that it might not have be worth it to go into cs nowadays, when i can just use my technical skills to try and earn more in the trading industry
i personally hate coding and heavy math

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles
what do you think would be better to major in, finance, or sales and marketing.
finance + tech would open a lot more doors. Majors in sales don't really exist, its just "business" and marketing is a fucking joke JFL

• +1
Reactions: mmkamron and Deleted member 12413
So I basically if you are into CS and not top IQ it's over.
I graduated from one of the best CS school of a first world country and now I'm in charge of recruiting devs.

What I'm witnessing is quite sad.
Today I interviewed a dude for an internship and he told me "I picked this school because there are endless opportunities of work for devs."
He couldn't be further away from the truth, here is why:

- The penury of devs led to massive investment in creating dev schools, people are massively being recruited into thoses schools because they think the penury is still here and they will immediately have a job when they get their diplomas.
- This increased amount of student leds to massive internship application thus creating more cheap work for companies, there are some startups that run almost exclusively with internees and other underpaid devs.
- Third world countries can work twice the time for half the amount of money as westerners. These guys are hungry to succeed I've seen several people losing their jobs to companies relocating to places like India, some of them were boomers at the end of their careers so they didn't care, some weren't and were very upset with the situation
- AI is going to remove a lot of needs for devs, just like wordpress allowed random people to create a site or shopify to create online stores, AIs are going to allow less knowledgeable people to build more complex tools
- Salaries are decreasing, when I see the salaries I was offered a while ago and the salaries now, they either stagnated and got wrecked by inflation of even got smaller. Except for highly qualified senior profils
- I honestly think that the majority of devs are suffering depression and are heavily affected by stress, I think this is one of the most damaging profession when it comes to mental health, this was the case when the profession was well payed and had endless job opportunities, imagine now with a job crisis and AI, so many people are going to be instant doomed.

I'm personally doing well but don't think dev is a viable option for a good life. I think I was more socially and mentally fulfilled with simpler jobs like bartending.
There are a lot of jobs that may pay less but won't get you losing your hair sitting all day long at your desk worrying if an AI chad is going to steal your job and bang your Becky

Be safe out there
no shit nigga u could of said this in 10 words

finance + tech would open a lot more doors. Majors in sales don't really exist, its just "business" and marketing is a fucking joke JFL
jfl i hate coding bro, i think i will just do finance since i prefer jobs face to face (6'3 gymmaxed), relative to working behind a computer all day.

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles
I graduated from one of the best CS school of a first world country and now I'm in charge of recruiting devs.

Today I interviewed a dude for an internship and he told me "I picked this school because there are endless opportunities of work for devs."

- The penury of devs led to massive investment in creating dev schools, people are massively being recruited into thoses schools because they think the penury is still here and they will immediately have a job when they get their diplomas.
- This increased amount of student leds to massive internship application thus creating more cheap work for companies, there are some startups that run almost exclusively with internees and other underpaid devs.
- Third world countries can work twice the time for half the amount of money as westerners. These guys are hungry to succeed I've seen several people losing their jobs to companies relocating to places like India, some of them were boomers at the end of their careers so they didn't care, some weren't and were very upset with the situation
- AI is going to remove a lot of needs for devs, just like wordpress allowed random people to create a site or shopify to create online stores, AIs are going to allow less knowledgeable people to build more complex tools
- Salaries are decreasing, when I see the salaries I was offered a while ago and the salaries now, they either stagnated and got wrecked by inflation of even got smaller. Except for highly qualified senior profils
- I honestly think that the majority of devs are suffering depression and are heavily affected by stress, I think this is one of the most damaging profession when it comes to mental health, this was the case when the profession was well payed and had endless job opportunities, imagine now with a job crisis and AI, so many people are going to be instant doomed.

I'm personally doing well but don't think dev is a viable option for a good life. I think I was more socially and mentally fulfilled with simpler jobs like bartending.
There are a lot of jobs that may pay less but won't get you losing your hair sitting all day long at your desk worrying if an AI chad is going to steal your job and bang your Becky

Be safe out there
Is it over for Programming PHDcels?

the world has more than enough shitty order-takers, but never enough creative value-add software engineers.
IRL, Jewish Clown world genetically selects low iq to breed the most by far.

Over

If teachers ban AI, it means it can do your homework.

If it can do your homework, it can do your job.

Only thing that will stop AI from taking peoples jobs in the future is occupational license laws made by government that stops most people from doing these jobs.

For example AI makes better diagnosis than most physicians, but you still have to get it from a guy with a med school diploma.

its fucking hell when u have low iq. cant understand most of this shit
I used to be at the top the first year but i got so bored of this shit now that i cant even focus most annoying shit to study tbh or its just me that i lost interest now im fucked

Plus even if you get a good job it's not worth the years of torture and studying in University

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE
Plus even if you get a good job it's not worth the years of torture and studying in University
Just look at how many people here do this shit too imagine how inflated this will be in few years JFL at finding a good paying job after years of torture at uni

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE and Chadpreet_
Update from doomland, I was talking to a web dev he told me his company has been consistently laying people of.
After covid a lot of people got hired but after that a lot of companies went bankrupt, releasing tons of unemployed dev on the market.
His company keeps hiring and firing devs to make it look like there is activity and they are actively recruiting, just so the company appears healthy.
It's over

• +1
Reactions: the MOUSE
That's true, programming is very closely related to your IQ level, sometimes I feel like I don't have enough neural connections to understand some patterns but anyway I'm not gonna give up

• +1
Reactions: vogue
None of you dumbasses are high IQ enough to be a SWE.

but bro AI is a gimmick for mindless normgroids. It's not going to be taking any jobs and time soon. It's shit.
Retard, what stops from a dev to utilize a.i, now you can learn a.i and suddenly rise above sernior devs if you know what you're doing

Talking to a.i is just like programming responses, and you think this is it?

Be safe out there
I wish i started programming as a kid. Honestly starting programming as an adult is like starting playing chess as an adult, you can get kinda goodish, but you will never be great or exceptional.

Another (non-professional) aspect to consider, from someone in STEM: if having a cool fun social life is important/a priority to you, like it's really one of your life's ambitions to have the "Chad"/Mike Thurston life where you have these cool extroverted NT friends, a friend group that includes pretty girls, travel a lot, go clubbing with your bros to slay and do all sorts of fun stuff, then reconsider STEM, you won't meet those people there. I love my field and science & technology but looking back I think I would have pursued the more business side of it, sick of not being able to meet interesting people and having to deal with boring nerdy introverts with 0 social life ambitions in every uni and job I've been at.

Last edited:
Incel ramblings
Dnrd

Bumping this thread since Claude 3, Devin, llama3 and other stuff are destroying the industry at a faster rate
I hired for internships every candidate was using gpts, cs student level is dropping at an alarming rate but nobody can't stop it, people won't stop using gpts because they know their colleagues are also using it and don't wanna be left behind

Linkedin flooded with juniors looking for jobs
Only senior positions opening
RIP junior devs

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover
Bumping this thread since Claude 3, Devin, llama3 and other stuff are destroying the industry at a faster rate
I hired for internships every candidate was using gpts, cs student level is dropping at an alarming rate but nobody can't stop it, people won't stop using gpts because they know their colleagues are also using it and don't wanna be left behind

RIP junior devs
Devins demo got recently proven to be completely falsified lol. Idk ab the other 2 but this whole thing is blown over Im a new grad and got a ft job easily, if u have 3+ internships and are smart u shud be good. If not you’ll struggle but it’s still not impossible.

RIP junior devs
did you ever get to see the devin demonstration and its dismantle

Be safe out there
Yes, please keep spreading this, we don’t need more ppl in CS

• JFL
Reactions: gooner23
Recently discussed with a CTO that was previously hiring in India, he fired all his indian team, even low wage curries are loosing their jobs (their code was ass)

I fell for the meme too. Did CS just to end up coding javascript all the day and this shit is so exhausting mentally. It's boring, wage growth are falling. There are litteraly no benefits unless you're some autistic high iq genius virgin who is willing to spend all his free time coding stupid things and learning new technologies.

But I think the worst part of doing this job is about social life, I litteraly can't stand spending my entire day around uninteresting fat nerds who think they are the next Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg and of course you can forget about women.

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover
Anything that the system tells you to do is a lie so that the rich get richer and you get poorer.

Software engineers are the new factory workers. Excess supply means they can pay them virtually nothing.

Outsourcing + Ai will leads to starvation wages for those few who remain.