solutions for subhuman-level acne?

lstar2005

lstar2005

PRAISE THE SUN
View attachment IMG_20240103_215548_228.webp
been having acne like this since the start of my puberty

ive tried everything. even copes. reducing stress, creams, moisturisers, serums, cleansers, retinol,sunscreen, supplementation, dieta, experimenting with thousands of skincare routines. nothing worked.

atp my only hope would be tret or accutane

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Deleted member 56523
accutane

• +1
Reactions: Acridax, Shkreliii and lstar2005
56523.jpg

:p

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and LooksThinker
Accutane or tret but accutane is stronger

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and LooksThinker
• Stop eating sugar

• Fast for 20 hours a day

• Drink 5 liters of water a day

• Cut out bread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 49130 and Shkreliii
tretinoin/clindamycin topical, use for 6 months, if no improvement oral doxycycline/similar antibitoic + accutane.
There are lots of risks and side effects with accutante, its not as harmless as its made out to be on this forum.
While using tret know it is the gold standard so dont use other stuff the same time you use it. Here is a nexample routine:

AM:
Benzoyl peroxide
Mosteriuser

PM:
Cleanse
Tretinoin/clindamycin
Wait 30m-1h mosteriuser

ensure mosteriuser is non comodogenic and contains hylarouinc acid

looks like bacterial inflmattaroy acne, would avoid doing any more things in your skincare routine until it subsides abit. Just know that you will undergo a purge for the first month where it will be worse and skin goes very dry. Use mosterisuer more often to combat this. This is normal, it means tretinoin is working on everything. The antibiotic clindamycin will reduce it as well as killing bacteria directly.

To reduce the chance of a purge do this:
- For the first month dont use benzoyl peroxide in mornings
- For the first 2 weeks leave 2 days gap between using tret, eg use on monday, then on thursday then sunday then wed etc
- For one month after the first 2 weeks use it every other day only
- After that use it every day.

This will allow it become densistised and reduce purge.

On the days you arent using tretinoin use a medication called Duac which contains a combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin, if you cant get this just use benzoyl peroxide.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lstar2005 and Shkreliii
View attachment 2652173

ive tried everything. even copes. reducing stress, creams, moisturisers, serums, cleansers, retinol,sunscreen, supplementation, dieta, experimenting with thousands of skincare routines. nothing worked.

Screenshot 20231114 012400 Chrome

View attachment 2652173

dermalogist

tretinoin/clindamycin topical, use for 6 months, if no improvement oral doxycycline/similar antibitoic + accutane.
There are lots of risks and side effects with accutante, its not as harmless as its made out to be on this forum.
While using tret know it is the gold standard so dont use other stuff the same time you use it. Here is a nexample routine:

AM:
Benzoyl peroxide
Mosteriuser

PM:
Cleanse
Tretinoin/clindamycin
Wait 30m-1h mosteriuser

ensure mosteriuser is non comodogenic and contains hylarouinc acid

looks like bacterial inflmattaroy acne, would avoid doing any more things in your skincare routine until it subsides abit. Just know that you will undergo a purge for the first month where it will be worse and skin goes very dry. Use mosterisuer more often to combat this. This is normal, it means tretinoin is working on everything. The antibiotic clindamycin will reduce it as well as killing bacteria directly.

To reduce the chance of a purge do this:
- For the first month dont use benzoyl peroxide in mornings
- For the first 2 weeks leave 2 days gap between using tret, eg use on monday, then on thursday then sunday then wed etc
- For one month after the first 2 weeks use it every other day only
- After that use it every day.

This will allow it become densistised and reduce purge.

On the days you arent using tretinoin use a medication called Duac which contains a combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin, if you cant get this just use benzoyl peroxide.
love you

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 49130
if you start getting pores or blackheads on top of this use salicylic acid 2-5% twice a week, use it instead of benzoyl peroxide in mornings. Make sure its a liquid form not a cream with other crap mixed in.

And if your acne is gone by theend of 6 months keep using it, switch from tret/clindamycin to one containing just tret.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lstar2005 and Tai Lung
if you start getting pores or blackheads on top of this use salicylic acid 10% twice a week, use it instead of benzoyl peroxide in mornings. Make sure its a liquid form not a cream with other crap mixed in
ordinary?

yes they dont have other active ingrediants mixed into theirs.
check my routine: morning: sa 0,5% corsx, duac, moisturizer. Night: duoble cleansing with same sa cleanser and another one is oil based, taz, moisturizer. Where Should i add sa acid 10%?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130
check my routine: morning: sa 0,5% corsx, duac, moisturizer. Night: duoble cleansing with same sa cleanser and another one is oil based, taz, moisturizer. Where Should i add sa acid 10%?
is your acne/skin stable on that routine? If so i wouldnt add sa acid 10%.

Rest of the routine looks good.

is your acne/skin stable on that routine? If so i wouldnt add sa acid 10%.

Rest of the routine looks good.
yes taz cleared me up, but still some closed pores happen and i still have these tiny blackheads on nose lol so i might just add it in morning routine?

yes taz cleared me up, but still some closed pores happen and i still have these tiny blackheads on nose lol so i might just add it in morning routine?
yeah add to morning keep the bit try keep retinoids on their own

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
does sa burns fatpads?
as a chemical exfoliant is has the ability to penetrate and break down fats and lipids, however this is likely only on the upper layers of the skin. It has not been proven or used to remove fatpads

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
as a chemical exfoliant is has the ability to penetrate and break down fats and lipids, however this is likely only on the upper layers of the skin. It has not been proven or used to remove fatpads
applying it in the morning and leaving it for 10minutes on before the routine is how u use it?