Study: Alpha looking men are actually incompetent

ElephantMan

ElephantMan

Iron

High-testosterone hedge fund managers “significantly underperform” low-testosterone peers, according to research from the University of Central Florida and Singapore Management University.

'Testosterone can shape trading behavior and lead to sub-optimal decisions,' they wrote.

To estimate each manager’s testosterone levels, Lu and Teo measured their facial width-to-height ratio — a representation of pubertal testosterone exposure that has been linked to high testosterone levels in adults. The researchers found that managers with wider faces underperformed low-testosterone counterparts by 5.8 percent per year after adjusting for risk.

Investors will do well to go against conventional wisdom and eschew masculine fund managers.

holy fuck it's over for high-Tcels

Last edited:
Wanna know how I know they're mentally retarded? Cause fwhr has nothing to do with pubertal testosterone

• +1
Reactions: Cretinous, Tiddlywink and Deleted member 2486
I remember seeing a study last year that concluded the exact opposite. Junk science is gonna junk science what can you do.

By the way, to determine "high" or "low" testosterone in this study, they used fWHR........ :feelsuhh:. They couldve just measured blood (or even saliva, for less invasiveness and cost) testosterone, which would be the most obvious as well as the most accurate metric for determining high or low testosterone, but just a guess, then they wouldnt have any clear relationships and nothing to publish.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, middayshowers, framecel222 and 1 other person
investors have to look high trust

I remember seeing a study last year that concluded the exact opposite. Junk science is gonna junk science what can you do.

By the way, to determine "high" or "low" testosterone in this study, they used fWHR........ :feelsuhh:. They couldve just measured blood (or even saliva, for less invasiveness and cost) testosterone, which would be the most obvious as well as the most accurate metric for determining high or low testosterone, but just a guess, then they wouldnt have any clear relationships and nothing to publish.

That's why I used the title 'Alpha looking men', because they didn't actually measure serum T levels. also, one of the downsides of looking dominant is low trustworthiness. if people don't trust you, well that's a problem in the business world.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Cretinous