STUDY ON HOW MASSETER STRENGTH HAS A COLOSSAL IMPACT ON MANDIBLE+RAMUS SIZE!

SayNoToRotting

SayNoToRotting

Kraken

It's over if you don't chew

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Selinity, 5'8manlet and 10 others
IT'S OGREEEE

• +1
Reactions: Swagwaffle
What about facial bloating?
Whenever I chew my face looks really fat and bad

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SA7, Lorsss and Deleted member 656
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Zygos4Life, Deleted member 5694 and 2 others
What about facial bloating?
Whenever I chew my face looks really fat and bad
Thats because the masseter muscle is round like other muscles in your body so when you hypertrophy it or give it too much of a pump it makes your face look round and bloated.

Dont fall for the masseter hypertrophy meme boyos. Fillers/implants are the way to go.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, bonecel and Deleted member 656
Trex bite strength crew pulling up whats good nikkas

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
FsU7Lfc.png

for the last fucking time association=/=causation

• +1
Reactions: Swagwaffle and Extra Chromosome

View attachment 50516

Congrats. Thatโ€™s how posts should be - with proper citations ideally high profile journals like nature. Itโ€™s interesting. Will comment in a bit I am at work

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, TheChosenChad, BigdickAverageEthnic and 1 other person
Thats because the masseter muscle is round like other muscles in your body so when you hypertrophy it or give it too much of a pump it makes your face look round and bloated.

Dont fall for the masseter hypertrophy meme boyos. Fillers/implants are the way to go.
it will only look bad on someone with a narrow mouthbreather skull, but it doesn't look bad at all on someone who has a wide, well developed skull.

It's not the masseter's fault that you look like a chipmunk, it's the fault of your narrow skull!

it will only look bad on someone with a narrow mouthbreather skull, but it doesn't look bad at all on someone who has a wide, well developed skull.

It's not the masseter's fault that you look like a chipmunk, it's the fault of your narrow skull!
Cope. I have a wide skull. Masseter hypertrophy always looks like shit. Just google it and youll see abominations.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII

hyperthrophying the masseter muscles still looks better than having no jawline at all. it takes years to get masseters like mike mew or young brad pitt anyways, just stop when it gets too much

Cope. I have a wide skull. Masseter hypertrophy always looks like shit. Just google it and youll see abominations.
Send examples tbh. The only bad looking ones have narrow cheekbones that get width mogged by the masseters.
And in theory the cheekbones will remodel as well after long enough time (and good nutrition).
It's not part of the study, but there are indicators that cheekbones become thicker as well when you chew:

And there seems to be little to no correlation between masseter strength and maxilla development/foreward growth, so many look garbage from the profile:

• +1
Reactions: You
Send examples tbh. The only bad looking ones have narrow cheekbones that get width mogged by the masseters.
And in theory the cheekbones will remodel as well after long enough time (and good nutrition).
It's not part of the study, but there are indicators that cheekbones become thicker as well when you chew:

View attachment 50542
I have that post saved on my computer too. I believe that chewing mastic gum is more legit than mewing

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting

never had so much traffic in one of my threads

Prepare yourself, @HailToTheKing, I'm coming for your mandible volume!

Congrats. Thatโ€™s how posts should be - with proper citations ideally high profile journals like nature. Itโ€™s interesting. Will comment in a bit I am at work
HEAD OF DOCTORS

• +1
Reactions: BigdickAverageEthnic
it is what it is, haven't I told you that?

Do you believe me now?

Good fucking post

chewing fucked my jaw up its way too round tbh

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
AHHHHHHHHHHH do i chew or not FUck

AHHHHHHHHHHH do i chew or not FUck
yes, yes you chew.

comfort will be an unavoidable sacrifice

Just look at the mass differences, we are not talking about millimeters here, but centimeters

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, TheChosenChad and Heirio
But how is it that peopel have good faces and jaws without ever chewing or Mewing. Most peopel have the same diet these days yet thereโ€™s massive differences. Ask any model what Falim or Mastic is and they would look at you with utter confusion

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
But how is it that peopel have good faces and jaws without ever chewing or Mewing. Most peopel have the same diet these days yet thereโ€™s massive differences. Ask any model what Falim or Mastic is and they would look at you with utter confusion
I'm sure chewing on regular falim gum as a kid/teenager is a pretty common thing, also something like bruxism exists

also "without mewing? How do you know they aren't mewing? There will be a few outliners who have different lifestyles and habits than the rest

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheChosenChad
this isn't news.

The reason there is still debate is this is clearly a "chicken vs egg" scenario, e.g which comes first?
Fundamentally, the problem here is that you are using this as evidence of "more use = bigger jaw" which in actual fact what this evidence shows is only that people with larger structures have larger muscles, which produce more force, which is kind of a "duh" thing.

the association that you all want shown would require observing children over a long time span, 5 or 10 years.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV and bonecel

View attachment 50516

I'll have to reply to this with my standard argument that correlation does not equal causation. A counterexample to this post's argument that I can think of immediately is that of Brad Pitt: large massetter muscles (at least in one older picture I saw of him) but still a shorter ramus and a jawline that looks much more like the one on the left in the image above (see "brad pitt profile view"). I doubt that starting a thorough chewing routine at the age of anyone on this website will have an effect on the development of the ramus. This is probably similar to testosterone in that it is correlated with certain facial and body features such as wider zygos, brow ridge, muscle mass and voice tonality (see Castor Semenya for an example of a female with high levels of testosterone during development, resulting in typical masculine features such as those listed). However, increasing testosterone at a later age won't lead to developing higher testosterone facial features such as wider zygos or a bigger jaw.

PS: apologize in advance for any grammar/spelling errors, I'm in a rush rn

FsU7Lfc.png

for the last fucking time association=/=causation
^x10000
It happened to be that width correlates with force. In no way it was said in the paper that chewing will make your mandible or ramus bigger

cant you just chew to affect your face bones then once you get results let your masseters atrophy so they get smaller and you lose the rounded face look?

this isn't news.

The reason there is still debate is this is clearly a "chicken vs egg" scenario, e.g which comes first?
Fundamentally, the problem here is that you are using this as evidence of "more use = bigger jaw" which in actual fact what this evidence shows is only that people with larger structures have larger muscles, which produce more force, which is kind of a "duh" thing.

the association that you all want shown would require observing children over a long time span, 5 or 10 years.
You didn't even open up the article

Quote:

The influence of masticatory muscle action on the development of craniofacial morphology has received considerable attention in the dental literature (see review article by Pepicelli et al.1). Since bone adapts to loads by remodeling to reach the optimal form to withstand them (Wollfโ€™s law)2, it has been hypothesized that craniofacial skeletal form is largely determined by mechanical loading (e.g.3,4,5,6). This has been supported by many clinical and experimental studies. Thus, an association exists between muscle cross-sectional areas, which are approximately proportional (excluding pinnate muscles) to force generation, and craniofacial morphology, as found by studies using a range of methodological approaches (e.g., finite elements, CT models, strain gauges)7,8,9,10,11,12. Accordingly, it was established that facial types are associated with bite force, i.e. brachycephalic pattern with strong bite force and dolichocephalic with weak bite force7,13,14. Experimental studies show that the decreased functional demands on mandibles of animals fed a soft diet results in structural changes in the masticatory muscles15, as well as morphological alterations of the mandible, such as reduced size of the alveolar bone16,17,18.
The reddit post on it that makes it a bit easier to read for ethniccels (like me), and lazycels (also me):

Last edited:
  • +1
^x10000
It happened to be that width correlates with force. In no way it was said in the paper that chewing will make your mandible or ramus bigger
it literally says at the very beginning

how do i chew for bones bro?

• +1
chewing fucked my jaw up its way too round tbh
when i was on a liquid only diet(didnt have time so made smoothies of all my meals and gulped it all down) my face looked way better now it looks so shit that I'm on a normal eating regiment again, I am gonna start blending my food again starting today

this isn't news.

over

chewing over a year made my zygos visible

Is it from his under eye area being forward grown or more fat in that area
Itโ€™s from not sleeping. In that role he plays a cop who is distressed all the time so he probably didnโ€™t sleep much to get into character. I have sleep apnea and I have those bags as well

Itโ€™s from not sleeping. In that role he plays a cop who is distressed all the time so he probably didnโ€™t sleep much to get into character. I have sleep apnea and I have those bags as well
I have bags but he doesn't really have bags his under eye area has a swollen look if you look at some pics of him you'll see it

I have the swollen type of bags that he has in the photo. Maybe itโ€™s hereditary

View attachment 50516

Interesting