Successmaxxing/brainmaxxing

hideouscreature

hideouscreature

Iron
Woke up 3 AM to study math today.

I will have succesfull future, next stop; top university.

I m currently doing all the high school math courses in 3 months, but i m not worried; i got the brains.

I m unstoppable, success is inevitable.

• Love it
Reactions: Infinite
are you ukcel?

Good essays and teacher recommendations are more important than GPA

I m currently doing all the high school math courses in 3 months, but i m not worried; i got the brains.

Luv this for u make sure to be something great and not a let down

Your first mistake, waking up at 3 AM. Indicates an abnormal sleeping routine, which would negatively correlate to learning optimally.

As someone who has been a chronic, sleep-deprived night owl for years, having recently delved into the research I cannot emphasize the importance of sleep enough when it comes to learning.

In essence, you have to look at it as an extension of learning. Less sleep will correlate with less learning and worse retrieval of what you did learn. Look at it like a decrease in IQ points during wake hours for every hour you slept too little or slept poorly the nights before.

I've prioritized my sleep and my pre-sleep hygiene, and cognitively there's a significant difference.

That aside. I've been very interested in cognitive enhancement, for years now but last couple of months I spent some extra time on figuring out how to optimize my functional cognition. There are several ways to go about it.

The three domains are behavioral, biochemical, and physical.

Behavioural would be sleep, meditation, mnemonics, improving study techniques, etc.

Biochemicals would include pharmacological drugs, supplements, diet, natural remedies, etc.

Physical would be gadgets, several forms of stimulation, or implants.

I'd consider the first two domains the ones where you can gain the most ground, with current technology and for a relatively low cost.

There's a lot to cover, but primarily, quality sleep, aerobic exercise (150 mins weekly), reduction in inflammation & oxidative stress (either through antioxidants and/or cutting out sugars & processed foods for improved gut health - which is usually a major contributor to inflammation) when it comes to lifestyle changes.

In regards to any supplements/pharmacology. L-theanine when taking caffeine (coffee) or adderall. Magnesium l-threonate, in general.
Or, to increase the effectiveness of adderall (without increasing dose) l-tyrosine & DHEA supplements. Cerebrolysin increases neuroplasticity, making novel things easier to learn.

There's a lot more in this regard, but I have limited time and patience to write everything out.

Watch a channel like Benjamin Keep for introductions on how to learn effectively (this will be a major contributor). Or you can delve into the scientific literature if you want some more details.

I'll attach a PDF containing summarized notes of his videos on learning.

Attachments

• learning_databasev2.pdf
    971.5 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: DavidLaidMaxxing, livelifetofullest and Infinite