sugar is good for you

I

ironjacket

Iron
Many folks like to blame their issues on carbohydrates and sugar, but that's what your body thrives on. Not consuming enough is not an optimal state, rather a stressed state of the body. A more balanced approach is key, rather than going to extremes.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Deleted member 5815
cope

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Nims and ironjacket
Many folks like to blame their issues on carbohydrates and sugar, but that's what your body thrives on. Not consuming enough is not an optimal state, rather a stressed state of the body. A more balanced approach is key, rather than going to extremes.
Cope, I eat 40g of carbs a day and no added sugars get about 19-22gs a day. I feel great and have around a 1/4 of what an average American has a day sugar wise. Everything also tastes so much better.

@Pietrosiek

sougar

I ate 500gramm of sugar in this day alone because i got gifted gummybears i couldnt stop eating and now all the starvemaxxing Was useless :lul:

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Toth's thot and Nims
Cope, I eat 40g of carbs a day and no added sugars get about 19-22gs a day. I feel great and have around a 1/4 of what an average American has a day sugar wise. Everything also tastes so much better.
I used to restrict carb intake and do fasting protocols. At first, it felt great for me. Stress hormones can have that effect. But as time continued, health got worse and metabolism was slowing down. I started reintroducing sugars into my diet and I feel fine now. I actually find it easier to stay leaner and don't have that brain fog I always used to have. But to each their own.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
And by 'sugars', I don't mean stuffing yourself with cakes and shit like that. Processed junk has many foreign substances that are most likely harmful, but I wouldn't say sugar is one of them. I'm talking about fruits, milk, potatoes, etc. The good stuff, foods that are nutritious and have little to no contamination.

Sugar was meant to be a reward for us in nature

For the most part you couldn’t get it - you’d be in a low carb state, eating animal food. Then sometimes you would find edible fruits and eat them - sugar gives so much dopamine because it was made to make us fatter. We are naturally in the state of starvation, whenever our ancestors could eat some sweet fruits that was a short break from that.

The problem is modern technology has made carbohydrates avaible at everywhere anytime for anyone. We no longer have to do physically taxing hunts for days only to get lucky and find some berries as sweets. We can just go into a pastry shop and eat hundreds of grams of sugar in one sitting. Its a slippery slope

Sugar is not bad, it’s not unnatural, eating sugar in great amounts is.

• +1
Reactions: rares54, ang3l, Lmao and 1 other person
Sugar was meant to be a reward for us in nature

For the most part you couldn’t get it - you’d be in a low carb state, eating animal food. Then sometimes you would find edible fruits and eat them - sugar gives so much dopamine because it was made to make us fatter. We are naturally in the state of starvation, whenever our ancestors could eat some sweet fruits that was a short break from that.

The problem is modern technology has made carbohydrates avaible at everywhere anytime for anyone. We no longer have to do physically taxing hunts for days only to get lucky and find some berries as sweets. We can just go into a pastry shop and eat hundreds of grams of sugar in one sitting. Its a slippery slope

Sugar is not bad, it’s not unnatural, eating sugar in great amounts is.
Sugar is what primarily fuels the thyroid gland, which controls your metabolism. Making it easier to get leaner and such. Many folks will say sugar is to blame, because it's in cakes and other typical junk foods. So is fat and many strange ingredients. And the lack of nutrients doesn't help.

Last edited: