Surgeon advised me against surgery because "I might be disappointed"

NoPainNoChick

NoPainNoChick

Whatever it takes
Seriously, how over is it for me?

I had met with a maxillofacial surgeon for a genioplasty, and he told me "if you are not sure, don't do it, you might be disappointed".

I can't cope anymore.
Even surgery can't save me from subhumanity. :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: never_lucky, oldcelloser, Kilimanjaro and 1 other person
No shit, nobody with a brain gets a genioplasty alone, it can only give you 4-6mm realistically (beyond 6mm is Eppley's scam), and a "recessed chin" is merely a symptom of a recessed jaw overall, you need BSSO or bimaxillary surgery (BSSO + Lefort 1) which are often combined with genioplasty to give a good aesthetic result.

• +1
Reactions: piscicide, Mastermind, Acromegaly_Chad and 6 others
No shit, nobody with a brain gets a genioplasty alone, it can only give you 4-6mm realistically (beyond 6mm is Eppley's scam), and a "recessed chin" is merely a symptom of a recessed jaw overall, you need BSSO or bimaxillary surgery (BSSO + Lefort 1) which are often combined with genioplasty to give a good aesthetic result.
He told me he does not perform "basic" genioplasty but so called "mini chin-wing".
1 s20 S2468785519302551 gr1

According to him there is "virtually no limit" to advancement, but he said he could perform 10mm advancement for example.
I need "at least 5 mm otherwise I won't notice any change" he said.

Of course I'm downward growth but my bite is fine, nobody will take me seriously if I talk about bimax.

I have so many failo to fix, I'm not even sure it's enough to look normie.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and Deleted member 3020
ppl have defo gotten more than 5mm

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gaia262, APJ, OOGABOOGA and 1 other person
He told me he does not perform "basic" genioplasty but so called "mini chin-wing".
View attachment 1082257

According to him there is "virtually no limit" to advancement, but he said he could perform 10mm advancement for example.
I need "at least 5 mm otherwise I won't notice any change" he said.

Of course I'm downward growth but my bite is fine, nobody will take me seriously if I talk about bimax.

I have so many failo to fix, I'm not even sure it's enough to look normie.
Bite doesn't mean much, since under a normal Class 1 bite could be a skeletal malocclusion, which is often camouflaged by the compensation of your incisors in response to an abnormal movement of the jaws. If you PM me your face and side profile I could help you out in determining what you need. If you got any lateral ceph scans that would be great too

it's literally written in the title that she got double jaw surgery in addition

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, AlwaysHaveQuestions and Cain
it's literally written in the title that she got double jaw surgery in addition
30mm lower jaw movement

you really think she got 25mm BSSO?

Bite doesn't mean much, since under a normal Class 1 bite could be a skeletal malocclusion, which is often camouflaged by the compensation of your incisors in response to an abnormal movement of the jaws. If you PM me your face and side profile I could help you out in determining what you need. If you got any lateral ceph scans that would be great too
How do you know so much about surgery boyo?

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
30mm lower jaw movement

you really think she got 25mm BSSO?
Gen

beyond 6mm is retardation for genio and would mess your mentolabial angle
How do you know so much about surgery boyo?
Read a lot from various places, I find it interesting.
I'll be going to med school soon so it's not entirely useless knowledge too.

• Woah
Reactions: hairyballscel and Cain
bullshit, look at @larsanova69

gen-png.1082454

damn my bad then, wtf she really got 25mm of BSSO thats insane

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and hairyballscel
idk how that's possible maybe she misunderstood the surgeon somehow
coulda been dr andrei tbh, he doesn't mind doing crazy movements like that

yhh she probably got the numbers wrong

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172 and Ocelot
View attachment 1082454

Read a lot from various places, I find it interesting.
I'll be going to med school soon so it's not entirely useless knowledge too.
Bet this is actually Sailer himself encouraging incels to get surgery jfl

Judging from the pics 25mm BSSO seems realistic, however, I do not really see why there has been an indication for DJS (BSSO + Genio are usually sufficient for overbites and her maxilla did not seem to be recessed).

Thing is, the larger the movement, the higher the risk of neurapraxia and permanent nerve damage. Even a mere 8% stretching if the initial length of the nervus alveolaris inferior cause in 90% if cases mild neurapraxia, while more than 12% usually cause axonotomesis which has a much worse prognosis for full recovery.

With 30mm total advancement it's gods gospel truth that she has permanent nerve damage all along her jaw. I got permanent damage from a mere 10mm advancement.

• +1
Reactions: Carolus
Judging from the pics 25mm BSSO seems realistic, however, I do not really see why there has been an indication for DJS (BSSO + Genio are usually sufficient for overbites and her maxilla did not seem to be recessed).

Thing is, the larger the movement, the higher the risk of neurapraxia and permanent nerve damage. Even a mere 8% stretching if the initial length of the nervus alveolaris inferior cause in 90% if cases mild neurapraxia, while more than 12% usually cause axonotomesis which has a much worse prognosis for full recovery.

With 30mm total advancement it's gods gospel truth that she has permanent nerve damage all along her jaw. I got permanent damage from a mere 10mm advancement.
I would think there would be nerve damage present for her, how bad is it for you?

I would think there would be nerve damage present for her, how bad is it for you?
It sucks horsecock but it was worth it for me. I'm even aiming at bimax currently which will surely give me additional damage, but fuck it. It's basically the only risk you have and I'm willing to take it.

Also I'm just a few months post surgery so up to 2 years spontanous recovery is possible and even if not there's still several therapy methods

• +1
Reactions: Carolus

Outrageous improvement. If her body is on point the world will be at her feet for years. Actually heartens me to see these improvements whether it’s a man or a woman, in this case she stuck through the pain (and presumably the comments of ‘you don’t need surgery’ by those around her) and will experience the rewards after

There’s a girl on Defrancq’s site who got a similar movement ‘her chin was advanced over 15mm’

if that’s barely over 15mm, then I can’t believe the above is almost 10mm longer, even just eyeballing it, it sounds far-fetched. But I could be wrong

Also, to OP, the surgeon is right. If you’re not dead set on getting genio and brimming with confidence that it’s the right procedure for you (after giving it careful thought), then you shouldn’t go through with it.

Outrageous improvement. If her body is on point the world will be at her feet for years. Actually heartens me to see these improvements whether it’s a man or a woman, in this case she stuck through the pain (and presumably the comments of ‘you don’t need surgery’ by those around her) and will experience the rewards after
would IMDO cause nerve damage

would IMDO cause nerve damage
I have no idea. I assume there’s some risk of that as with any type of orthognathic surgery (and according to the literature, seems like quite a small risk with bimax specifically)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10172