Tales of how a based 50 year old boomer programmer deals with wagecucking

D

Deleted member 6186

Zephir
Stolen from /biz/

I worked with a guy who just started doing less and less work gradually. He was in his 50s, he was hoping they'd just give him redundancy (rather than getting fired outright) so he would get a lot of his income tax back from the government and just put it into his IRA and live off welfare.

His boss was starting to give bad feedback and was about to put him on a PIP. But then his boss just quit, and never bothered to actually go through the process. The new boss was a bit of a cuck who hadn't got the heart to let the guy go (he was also 36 and new to management).

So fast forward 6 months of slacking more and more. The guy misses the standup meeting regularly, shows up at the office at 2.30pm (saying he was 'working from home' in the morning - when he didn't even bother logging in). He answers his emails once a day at 6pm before he heads home with short answers like: 'let's discuss that tomorrow' (he barely reads them). Project managers and team members have just adapted to his schedule. Several times during a meeting he simply stated: 'I don't need to be here' and casually walked out/hung up.

Eventually I left but he still works there years later. Guys working there say he now leaves at 5 and spends most of his time in the office on reddit and youtube. Apparently he'll make some token gesture that he worked like leaving a comment on code reviews or the wiki, he doesn't even code anymore. His boss never announces his holidays to him because any time he does, he doesn't show up to work at all, logs in just to answer emails and then logs out.

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: sytyl, Gargantuan, Deleted member 7776 and 8 others
based

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, Gargantuan, Deleted member 7776 and 2 others
b-b-b-b-based

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and HeavenAdmιn
b-b-b-b-based

• Love it
Reactions: lutte
  • JFL
Reactions: sytyl, EverythingMattersCel and Deleted member 7776
My old job tried to deny me my vacation request I had put in ~6 months earlier, so the next day I went to Petsmart and bought 4 rats (1 male and 3 female) and a bunch of rat food and put them in the ventilation system with all of the food. This was ~4 years ago and I heard from my friend that works there that "management still hasn't been able to solve our rat problem at the office" the other day

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2587, Deleted member 3828, EverythingMattersCel and 6 others
My old job tried to deny me my vacation request I had put in ~6 months earlier, so the next day I went to Petsmart and bought 4 rats (1 male and 3 female) and a bunch of rat food and put them in the ventilation system with all of the food. This was ~4 years ago and I heard from my friend that works there that "management still hasn't been able to solve our rat problem at the office" the other day

giphy.gif

based but sounds like a larp

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7776
If I’m not able to retire by 50, I will rope. Imagine having to wageslave as a decomposing oldcel

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Gaia262
Stolen from /biz/

I worked with a guy who just started doing less and less work gradually. He was in his 50s, he was hoping they'd just give him redundancy (rather than getting fired outright) so he would get a lot of his income tax back from the government and just put it into his IRA and live off welfare.

His boss was starting to give bad feedback and was about to put him on a PIP. But then his boss just quit, and never bothered to actually go through the process. The new boss was a bit of a cuck who hadn't got the heart to let the guy go (he was also 36 and new to management).

So fast forward 6 months of slacking more and more. The guy misses the standup meeting regularly, shows up at the office at 2.30pm (saying he was 'working from home' in the morning - when he didn't even bother logging in). He answers his emails once a day at 6pm before he heads home with short answers like: 'let's discuss that tomorrow' (he barely reads them). Project managers and team members have just adapted to his schedule. Several times during a meeting he simply stated: 'I don't need to be here' and casually walked out/hung up.

Eventually I left but he still works there years later. Guys working there say he now leaves at 5 and spends most of his time in the office on reddit and youtube. Apparently he'll make some token gesture that he worked like leaving a comment on code reviews or the wiki, he doesn't even code anymore. His boss never announces his holidays to him because any time he does, he doesn't show up to work at all, logs in just to answer emails and then logs out.
This is so Milton from the movie Office Space.

Best movie ever!!!
Seen it 3 times already. Would never hesitate to watch it again!.

simply does not give a fuck

based

Jfl mirin this guy. Kinda reminds of myself at my current internship, but a lower level.
I'm switching courses next year at uni but I haven't quit my internship yet. However, they know I will quit as well, yet they continue to pay me on a monthly basis.

It used to be 2 days in a week, Tuesday and Friday, I stopped turning up on Friday completely.
When I didn't feel like turning up on Tuesday once, I told them my MS Teams app wasn't working.
The Tuesday afterwards, I told them I was at the hospital (which was true, albeit only in the morning) and didn't turn up either for the rest of the day.

Wonder what they'll say next week.

• JFL
Reactions: sytyl