Tazarotene vs tretinoin

IWantToMax

IWantToMax

I'm getting to 99.99% tier
I just switched from Tretinoin 0.025% to Tazarotene 0.05%, hoping for even better results.

Does tazarotene affect lipogenesis like Tret?

• JFL
Reactions: bradpittshairline
i’m about to start taz too. Did you start it yet?

Yeah I’m 2 days into it.
how is it going? Did you see any changes yet? Also, how much are you applying and how many times a day/week

i never tried tret tbh, i just use benzoyl peroxide 4%. It helped but i still get white head and pimples. I also have hyperpigmentation i hope tazoratene will help

how is it going? Did you see any changes yet? Also, how much are you applying and how many times a day/week
It seems to be working faster than tret.

I had some hyperpigmentation and it’s already fading after using it twice

I am currently using it every day, and I apply just enough to spread it on my face.

i never tried tret tbh, i just use benzoyl peroxide 4%. It helped but i still get white head and pimples. I also have hyperpigmentation i hope tazoratene will help
I used to have some minor breakouts , but after a couple months of tretinoin use I literally have no pimples

I used to have some minor breakouts , but after a couple months of tretinoin use I literally have no pimples
then why did you transition to Taz? Only for hyperpigmentation?

Also how much did you use of Tret and how many times a day/week? Do You think i should maybe first start with Tret and see how it goes or just ER on Taz?

As i said I Use benzoyl Peroxide and i read online that using benzoyl + a retinoid will rape my face making it super dry

then why did you transition to Taz? Only for hyperpigmentation?

Also how much did you use of Tret and how many times a day/week? Do You think i should maybe first start with Tret and see how it goes or just ER on Taz?

As i said I Use benzoyl Peroxide and i read online that using benzoyl + a retinoid will rape my face making it super dry
I am not sure, but I believe Tazarotene works better and faster than tretinoin.

I switched from tretinoin to taz mainly to smoothen skin even more.

I use benzoyl peroxide aswell, but exclusively when I get a pimple.

I simply apply it on the pimple (I don’t spread it), and leave it overnight.
It makes your skin dry, but as long as you apply it like I said, and apply moisturizer you should be ok

I am not sure, but I believe Tazarotene works better and faster than tretinoin.

I switched from tretinoin to taz mainly to smoothen skin even more.

I use benzoyl peroxide aswell, but exclusively when I get a pimple.

I simply apply it on the pimple (I don’t spread it), and leave it overnight.
It makes your skin dry, but as long as you apply it like I said, and apply moisturizer you should be ok
Ok, im gonna order Tazarotene 0.05 and start using benzoyl only the morning on my whole face and night only on pimples.

Overnight i use a moisturizer, should i just but the benzoyl on the my skin after the moisturizer?

Also im thinking to keep using Benzoyl in the morning cuz i don’t know what a better alternative for a cleanser is.

Do you have any suggestions? (No cerave don’t work and clogs my pores)

(Thanks btw for helping this much i really appreciate it)

Also, i know i’m asking for much… But would you mind telling me other products you use (or peptides if you do use them)? i’m trying to maximize my skin care to the fullest since my skin is shit.

(You could also write your routine if you want to, it would really help)

Ok, im gonna order Tazarotene 0.05 and start using benzoyl only the morning on my whole face and night only on pimples.

Overnight i use a moisturizer, should i just but the benzoyl on the my skin after the moisturizer?

Also im thinking to keep using Benzoyl in the morning cuz i don’t know what a better alternative for a cleanser is.

Do you have any suggestions? (No cerave don’t work and clogs my pores)

(Thanks btw for helping this much i really appreciate it)
I don’t know if using benzoyl peroxide on your whole face with taz or tret is a good idea tbh.
You apply it and rinse it off or leave it on?

Because I tried leaving it on after spreading and it made my skin extra dry and red.
Also, i know i’m asking for much… But would you mind telling me other products you use (or peptides if you do use them)? i’m trying to maximize my skin care to the fullest since my skin is shit.

(You could also write your routine if you want to, it would really help)
AM
1) Cleanse with Cerave Hydrating cleanser
2) 4 drops vitamin C (Geek & Gorgeus C-Glow)
3) 2 drops The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + zinc
4) Illyoon ato ceramide moisturizer

PM
1) Cleanse with Cerave hydrating cleanser
2) 2 drops The ordinary niacinamide 10% + zinc
3) tretinoin/tazarotene

Wait at least 2 hours

4)Illyoon ato ceramide moisturizer
5) dermaroll under eyes+lips
6) Volufiline (under eyes+ lips)
7) If I have an active pimple, or pimple that is popping up I put benzoyl peroxide over it and leave it overnight, and in my experience in 1/2 days it completely dries out

• Love it
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
I don’t know if using benzoyl peroxide on your whole face with taz or tret is a good idea tbh.

Because I tried leaving it on after spreading and it made my skin extra dry and red.

AM

PM
3) tretinoin/tazarotene

Wait at least 2 hours

7) If I have an active pimple, or pimple that is popping up I put benzoyl peroxide over it and leave it overnight, and in my experience in 1/2 days it completely dries out
i put on benzoyl for like a couple of minutes and the wash it off. The more it stays the more i feel like its drying my face.

I’m using volufiline under eyes and lips and nasolabial folds too. It’s been a couple of weeks and i’m seeing my under eyes get better hbu?

2 Hours is a lot after the tazarotene, could it be too much? Just asking i’m curious.

I personally don’t use The ordinary niacinamide 10% + zinc, am i missing out?
What are its effects?

So tazarotene you are putting a pee-size amount i guess

AM

PM
3) tretinoin/tazarotene

Wait at least 2 hours

thx for the effort btw

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
i put on benzoyl for like a couple of minutes and the wash it off. The more it stays the more i feel like its drying my face.

I’m using volufiline under eyes and lips and nasolabial folds too. It’s been a couple of weeks and i’m seeing my under eyes get better hbu?

2 Hours is a lot after the tazarotene, could it be too much? Just asking i’m curious.

I personally don’t use The ordinary niacinamide 10% + zinc, am i missing out?
What are its effects?

So tazarotene you are putting a pee-size amount i guess
Oh ok well if you’re rinsing benzoyl peroxide off maybe it’s not as drying, when I apply it I leave it in for hours

My lower eyelids look a lot tighter than before volufiline.
Never had hollow or darker under eyes, so I wouldn’t know in that regard.

I wait before applying moisturizer after tax/tret, because apparently applying them together reduces efficacy

I noticed a huge improvement when I implemented niacinamide in my skincare, makes my skin look more uniform, and reduces pore size.

Yeah I’m applying a pea size amount of taz

• +1
Oh ok well if you’re rinsing benzoyl peroxide off maybe it’s not as drying, when I apply it I leave it in for hours

My lower eyelids look a lot tighter than before volufiline.
Never had hollow or darker under eyes, so I wouldn’t know in that regard.

I wait before applying moisturizer after tax/tret, because apparently applying them together reduces efficacy

I noticed a huge improvement when I implemented niacinamide in my skincare, makes my skin look more uniform, and reduces pore size.

Yeah I’m applying a pea size amount of taz
ok, i’ll try to hop off the benzoyl peroxide for a couple of weeks while using taz, and use it as you do only overnight and on pimples.

I’ll let you know how everything goes, thank you for the help.

(i’ll research niacinamide too and see if it’s worth giving it a try)

• +1
ok, i’ll try to hop off the benzoyl peroxide for a couple of weeks while using taz, and use it as you do only overnight and on pimples.

I’ll let you know how everything goes, thank you for the help.

(i’ll research niacinamide too and see if it’s worth giving it a try)
Sure no problem man

• +1
I just switched from Tretinoin 0.025% to Tazarotene 0.05%, hoping for even better results.

Does tazarotene affect lipogenesis like Tret?
how has tazarotene been going? i got the 0.1% but i’m scared i will purge and it will fuck my skin up.

How much have you been putting a day, and how many times a day/week?

how has tazarotene been going? i got the 0.1% but i’m scared i will purge and it will fuck my skin up.

I apply a pea sized amount.

It’s not that much irritating, just slightly more than Tret 0.025

It made night and day difference compared to tret

When switching I went through a 1 week purge (No big deal, just a couple of zits that went away rather fast with benzoyl peroxide)

• Love it

I also use it Every day

• Woah
I apply a pea sized amount.

It’s not that much irritating, just slightly more than Tret 0.025

It made night and day difference compared to tret

When switching I went through a 1 week purge (No big deal, just a couple of zits that went away rather fast with benzoyl peroxide)
life fuel, im gonna start using it too. I’m scared of irritation so i’m gonna ease into it starting by 1 time first week, 2 times second week, 3 times third and so on until i get to every day.

What happened in your purge period? Did you get more acne or just overall redness?

I use benzoyl peroxide too (4%) every morning and cleanse with a soft cleanser at night (or the opposite really depends on the day.

I’m scared benzoyl + Taz will be too much since i never did retinoids before

life fuel, im gonna start using it too. I’m scared of irritation so i’m gonna ease into it starting by 1 time first week, 2 times second week, 3 times third and so on until i get to every day.

What happened in your purge period? Did you get more acne or just overall redness?

I use benzoyl peroxide too (4%) every morning and cleanse with a soft cleanser at night (or the opposite really depends on the day.

I’m scared benzoyl + Taz will be too much since i never did retinoids before
Yeah if you’ve never done retinoids, don’t use it everyday yet, work it up over time.

During purge period a couple closed comedones under skin came to surface, it cause a couple of pimples, and a little bit of redness during the first week.

For pimples I used benzoyl peroxide 10%.
I apply a tiny amount right over the zit and let it sit overnight and wash it off in the morning
Its use alongside taz will cause irritation if overused

• +1
Yeah if you’ve never done retinoids, don’t use it everyday yet, work it up over time.

During purge period a couple closed comedones under skin came to surface, it cause a couple of pimples, and a little bit of redness during the first week.

I apply a tiny amount right over the zit and let it sit overnight and wash it off in the morning
got it.

How do you sleep with benz on your face tho ahahah, doesn’t it fuck your sheets up?

I can’t sleep only on my back

got it.

How do you sleep with benz on your face tho ahahah, doesn’t it fuck your sheets up?

I can’t sleep only on my back
I use a silk pillow that’s already white, so it doesn’t get stained

• +1

Did you ever have blackheads, and did benzoyl peroxide help remove them?

Did you ever have blackheads, and did benzoyl peroxide help remove them?
I don’t use benzoyl peroxide all over my face, just over pimples.

I do not have blackheads either

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50579
It is just a slightly more effective version of tret, pretty much the same thing. If you have the option for both, use taz, most countries only have tret available, though.

• +1
@IWantToMax maybe too early but any results?

@IWantToMax maybe too early but any results?
Works wonders, looks like I’m wearing makeup 24/7 my skin tone is now extremely even and skin looks smooth af

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
I can definitely see a difference since I swapped Tret for taz

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
I can definitely see a difference since I swapped Tret for taz
im useling altreno tret atm, taz 0.1% just arrived gonna test it out aswell

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax and coispet