Teeth don't show when smiling?

what do you mean by that? lefort 1 with cw rotation is always paired with bsso isnt it @Copemaxxing
Yes I dont know what he means tbh. Maybe he means chingwing or implants idk

what do you mean by that? lefort 1 with cw rotation is always paired with bsso isnt it @Copemaxxing
Yeah but copemaxxing said to one guy that he only got lefort no mandible surgery

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing and Deleted member 6217
it seems like most of the sfs patients have extremely inward lower teeth
do you guys have that too @Copemaxxing

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing and Deleted member 6217
Yeah but copemaxxing said to one guy that he only got lefort no mandible surgery
Really? yeah idk why i said this than jfl obviously its dumb to only change maxilla without mandible :lul:

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
it seems like most of the sfs patients have extremely inward lower teeth
do you guys have that too @Copemaxxing
pic? i'm low iq tbh

pic? i'm low iq tbh
the lower teeth tilting inwards while the upper is somewhat regular(not like this pic the upper is shit)
Ortho4

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6217 and Copemaxxing
  • +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Copemaxxing
Yo I can actually help with this because I have looked into it since I have a similar problem. The cause is usually due to a short maxilla, the opposite of a tall one, you know where someone smiles and a lot of gum shows. The options you have are either to do a lefort 1, or you can get a lip lift, however, lip lift would be difficult for you since you already have a big upper lip and a short philtrum. I have a super thin upper lip, long philtrum and this issue, so I will get it and it will reduce my philtrum, make my thin upper lip a little bigger, give me better midface ratio + Fwhr, and last but not least give more tooth show when smiling and talking.

• Woah
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and goat2x
But isnt burxism good for sqaure jaw?
I mean it is but you need treatment for it if you do it unconsciously
You will wear your teeth down every like 5 years

• +1
I mean it is but you need treatment for it if you do it unconsciously
You will wear your teeth down every like 5 years
This is good. I want to destroy my teeth

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Short face syndrome. Might explain your stunted lower third and non existent philtrum.
My philtrum isn’t short in length from the side it’s just that my nose is downturned so it’s shorter from the front

• +1
Reactions: Taylorswift
This is actually quite common, since in many cases, the depressor labii inferioris muscle that brings the lower lip downwards is weak in many people, and only the upper teeth show unless you put more effort into the smile. You don't really have the philtrum/chin ratio of an SFS person, but the fact that your upper teeth show is less is an issue. I'm assuming you have 0 gum show too, characteristic of SFS.

Actually, the fact that you have the nose that you do is probably related to this. SFS patients often have downturned, hanging columella, and hooked overprominent noses.
Surprising that you don't have any sort of malocclusion.
how tf does sfs cause downturned hanging hooked overprominent nose? wouldn't it be the opposite? i can understand how excess CW of the face (gummy smile, in need of ccw impaction) can cause this but not sfs.