Telling orthodontist I dont want to become recessed?

jordanbarrettjaw

jordanbarrettjaw

Non NT
Should I tell orthodontist i dont want braces or teeth extraction because it will make me recessed? Will they even understand or care?

And is it a bad idea to say you want MSE (or something similar) because of the "aestetic" benefits?

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
they wont care bro, watch jawhacks on yt before you do anything teeth, jaw, palate expansion related

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, 97baHater, jordanbarrettjaw and 1 other person
they’ll say no. if you’re already recessed and looking to fix it, instead go to a new orthodontist office and tell them another orthodontist recommended/referred you to this office to get a herbst + rpe combo appliance. it’ll give you a bimax without need for the surgery

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
Cant you say you want mse for example only for breathing benefits? And you'll get better zygos etc.

Should I tell orthodontist i dont want braces or teeth extraction because it will make me recessed? Will they even understand or care?

And is it a bad idea to say you want MSE (or something similar) because of the "aestetic" benefits?
switch orthodontists if they say they gotta do extractions

switch orthodontists if they say they gotta do extractions
I dont have to do extractions but I asked about mse and they dont want to give it to me because I dont need it. They say I have time to decide if I want braces and extractions. I dont, so I dont know what to do now.

If I do mse my upper jaw will be too large for lower jaw. So I asked about double jaw surgery, but obviously they didnt want to because the government is funding them in my country so they wont make any more money for doing all that extra work when they can just make me recessed instead.