The best Major to become a Billionaire nowadays probably is...

PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
To become a UHNWI or billionaire you don't necessarily need to attend university.

Today ALL self-made Billionaires are from the Software Background

There are some business-savvy guys, that operate outside of software, too.

And a elite minority of Billionaire Fund Managers.

To conclude Business Informatics is probably the best choice

It combines Computer Science & Mathematics with Business & Business Informatics Content.

Thus providing the most relevant knowledge of scientific domains.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thecel, Erik-Jón, Rt-Rust1 and 7 others
Whoever invents the cure to male pattern baldness will become a billionaire

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Rt-Rust1, Daniel Plainview and 12 others
elab

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 17311 and 1 other person
Every single thread of yours is some variant of this

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: copemaxxeer, thecel, Daniel Plainview and 2 others
It is physics, but you need to drop out early, otherwise you will spend your prime in academia, which wont make you any money. The two richest men in the world both studied physics.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Deprived and PubertyMaxxer
It is physics, but you need to drop out early, otherwise you will spend your prime in academia, which wont make you any money. The two richest men in the world both studied physics.

Both switched to Computer Science Domains and both started Software-based businesses first, Amazon and PayPal respectively

Physics and the natural sciences in general are a really Bad Choice

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 6128

and they both have iqs of over 140 so this doesn't work for any .org user

Degree doesn't matter much
Philosophy majors at my school make more than chemistry
Just do something quantative/marketable, and you enjoy

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Both switched to Computer Science Domains and both started Software-based businesses first, Amazon and PayPal respectively

The idea is that if you study physics, your brain will become so good at problem solving, that you can pick up everything else in really short time. Pretty much everything is on kindergarten level compared to what you do in physics.

Almost all of the things you learn in a CS degree, you wont use them anyways. Again, you just study it for the certificate and to train your problem solving. Practical knowledge you will have to teach yourself no matter what you studied. A physicist can become an equally good software developer to a CS graduate in a matter of a few months. And after that he will be better most of the time, because almost nothing trains your brain like physics. Math is good as well but usually not practical enough.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, copemaxxeer, Danish_Retard and 3 others

Physics is a good choice. Maybe not for being a millionare, but provided you go to a decent school it's employable. This is all in US/Canada though, maybe Europe is a different story
The idea is that if you study physics, your brain will become so good at problem solving, that you can pick up everything else in really short time. Pretty much everything is on kindergarten level compared to what you do in physics.

Almost all of the things you learn in a CS degree, you wont use them anyways. Again, you just study it for the certificate and to train your problem solving. Practical knowledge you will have to teach yourself no matter what you studied. A physicist can become an equally good software developer to a CS graduate in a matter of a few months. And after that he will be better most of the time, because almost nothing trains your brain like physics. Math is good as well but usually not practical enough.
This was similar to my train of thought. CS at my school is very theoretical/academic anyway, so why not major in something I actually enjoy if I can get the same type of jobs as CS grads anyway? But CS also trains your mind, physics isn't much better than that. And not sure what you mean by the practical enough bc physics isn't practical in the slightest at the undergrad level.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and PubertyMaxxer
Physics is a good choice. Maybe not for being a millionare, but provided you go to a decent school it's employable. This is all in US/Canada though, maybe Europe is a different story

This was similar to my train of thought. CS at my school is very theoretical/academic anyway, so why not major in something I actually enjoy if I can get the same type of jobs as CS grads anyway? But CS also trains your mind, physics isn't much better than that. And not sure what you mean by the practical enough bc physics isn't practical in the slightest at the undergrad level.
Physics is very practical compared to pure math jfl. That is what I meant. The thing is that if you want to do research, then CS is not a great option, because it is essentially just a branch of mathematics, but you dont get to take the rigorous mathematics classes, so you wont be able to compete with the mathematicians. At the undergraduate level there is probably not much of a difference though

• +1
Reactions: Deprived

Bezos left Physics he did EE and CS. So he didn't. The emerald mine kid - stutterer payed his way through college to avoid mandatory military service.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BrownBoy, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 6128 and 2 others
Physics is very practical compared to pure math jfl. That is what I meant
It's not though. Only "practical" physics courses are classical mechanics and E&M. That's why engineers only take those 2 courses despite the discipline being "based on physics". No employer really cares if you learned GR, special relativity, or any other modern physics. If you include statistics in math then it's just downright better for practicality, but overall there is no benefit taking one from the other in terms of employment.
The thing is that if you want to do research, then CS is not a great option, because it is essentially just a branch of mathematics, but you dont get to take the rigorous mathematics classes, so you wont be able to compete with the mathematicians. At the undergraduate level there is probably not much of a difference though
Depends on the uni, it's probably better to take a pure CS degree than pure math for CS research. But a mix of both is prob best especially if you go to a school like Uwaterloo that focuses more on software engineering than pure CS

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, PubertyMaxxer and Hipcel
Bezos left Physics he did EE and CS. So he didn't. The emerald mine kid - stutterer payed his way through college to avoid mandatory military service.
I said they dropped out. They still studied physics and speak highly of it.

It's not though. Only "practical" physics courses are classical mechanics and E&M. That's why engineers only take those 2 courses despite the discipline being "based on physics". No employer really cares if you learned GR, special relativity, or any other modern physics. If you include statistics in math then it's just downright better for practicality, but overall there is no benefit taking one from the other in terms of employment.

Depends on the uni, it's probably better to take a pure CS degree than pure math for CS research. But a mix of both is prob best especially if you go to a school like Uwaterloo that focuses more on software engineering than pure CS
Research in CS is on a similar level to research in mechanical engineering, it cant be compared to natural sciences.

Physics is not practical in the sense that it teaches you how to build some mechanical device in a workshop obviously. But most physicists work with real world data and have to problem solve practical issues. Their skills are relevant in industry, this is what most physicists say themselves. Now it is definitely true that people who studied physics were already smart to begin with, so they would have probably done well in any field.
No employer cares if you took a course in algorithms either, they only care about (grades), work experience and how you present yourself. Btw there is a lot of statistics in almost all of physics, again I would argue that a statistician does less practical work than a physicist because the statistician just gets data gifted and doesnt have to think about how it was aquired.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Wouldn't the same type of brain alteration occur in any math-heavy subject?

• +1
Physics is not practical in the sense that it teaches you how to build some mechanical device in a workshop obviously. But most physicists work with real world data and have to problem solve practical issues. Their skills are relevant in industry, this is what most physicists say themselves
And there's the issue. You are thinking experimental research physics represents the entire field of physics. Undergraduate physics is largely theory based, especially in the UK. And as someone literally studying math/physics I’d say I understand what’s going on with the the field a little better than what you might’ve read on Reddit.

No one is working with large data sets in undergrad. They are learning lagrangian and relativity and doing pencil/paper calculations, nine of which have any “relevant” applications. Obviously an observational astronomy phd will do better in the job market than a Math grad student researching algebraic geometry or some shit. But at the undergrad level, which was the topic of discussion, they are equal bachelors for non academic jobs.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and PubertyMaxxer
And there's the issue. You are thinking experimental research physics represents the entire field of physics. Undergraduate physics is largely theory based, especially in the UK. And as someone literally studying math/physics I’d say I understand what’s going on with the the field a little better than what you might’ve read on Reddit.

No one is working with large data sets in undergrad. They are learning lagrangian and relativity and doing pencil/paper calculations, nine of which have any “relevant” applications. Obviously an observational astronomy phd will do better in the job market than a Math grad student researching algebraic geometry or some shit. But at the undergrad level, which was the topic of discussion, they are equal bachelors for non academic jobs.
Even chemistry is much more practical in industry than physics, although less quantitative

• +1
.Today ALL self-made Billionaires are from the Software Background
Planning your FUTURE on what the situation is TODAY is fundamentally flawed

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
I said they dropped out. They still studied physics and speak highly of it.
I studied physics with your logic in high school and took courses in Uni lol. Also Musk didn't drop out from his normal Physics degree but his PhD

• +1
Reactions: Deprived and PubertyMaxxer
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940
The idea is that if you study physics, your brain will become so good at problem solving, that you can pick up everything else in really short time. Pretty much everything is on kindergarten level compared to what you do in physics..
People think this which may or not be true. But if your goal was problem solving and neuroplasticity, the most efficient course would be one with that in mind, rather than as a side effect.

The real reason is physics halo. A physicist is able to publish papers in any scientific field they wish and have it given a fair chance (good look sociologists)

• +1
Even chemistry is much more practical in industry than physics, although less quantitative
I mean chemistry jobs are more practical bc they have a bigger industry outside academia

But physics degrees has better employment here in the states/Canada bc most end up becoming programmers, data scientists, financial analysts, and other jobs not directly related to the field

• +1
Elaborate? You seriously think this will change?
Lot of hustle and grinding to become a billionaire. Respect to them all, but they started not even in todays situation but in 1990 or 2000 (musk, bezos, Zuckerberg ect)

I’m sure you can stake out a very lucrative and furfilling position, but to become a BILLIONAIRE, you need to be able to seize the market in much more saturated industry with millions more people with your same exact thoughts.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940, Deprived and PubertyMaxxer
  • +1
I mean chemistry jobs are more practical bc they have a bigger industry outside academia
Yeah if you study chemistry the likelihood of getting a Chemistry-related Job is much higher

Still bad though
But physics degrees has better employment here in the states/Canada bc most end up becoming programmers, data scientists, financial analysts, and other jobs not directly related to the field
Yeah so why study Physics or Anything that isn't closely related to the Job you're doing? It's pointless imo

Studying Sth should give you exclusive monopoly like access to the job

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, LooksOrDeath, incel194012940 and 1 other person
it's a brutally difficult degree, especially for theoretical

one person I know takes theoretical physics at university and 80% is the passing grade at culling classes

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deprived
Yeah if you study chemistry the likelihood of getting a Chemistry-related Job is much higher

Still bad though

Yeah so why study Physics or Anything that isn't closely related to the Job you're doing? It's pointless imo

Studying Sth should give you exclusive monopoly like access to the job
Because even the most practical degrees you will be learning stuff you won't use. Like engineers have to learn how to solve ODEs when they will never see one in an industry job.

I used the same logic as you which is why I majored in bio/cs trying to get into med school and fallback on software if unsuccesful. But I was so miserable this past year and enjoyed my math/physics classes so much more that I switched. Really I can only imagine doing something like math or physics because I cba to memorize things, hate how information dense subjects tend to have "trickier" tests rather than whether you understand the information or not, and my uni's CS program is too competitive

I want to enjoy uni and make decent money at the same time so I don't mind losing out on some earnings, but if you are fine with studying what you said in OP then go for it since you will ofc be making more money

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and LooksOrDeath
it's a brutally difficult degree, especially for theoretical

one person I know takes theoretical physics at university and 80% is the passing grade at culling classes
It's easier here in the US/Canada compared to Europe. Much easier than CS atleast due to low competition

Last edited:
  • +1
It's easier here in the US/Canada compared to Europe. Much easier than CS atleast due to low competition
everything's fucking harder in the UK

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Deprived
@PubertyMaxxer are you in hs or college

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Deprived
everything's fucking harder in the UK
Education system in UK is just better tbh, but because most doing STEM are smart anyway, America being behind and easier in education doesn't affect us much.

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Because even the most practical degrees you will be learning stuff you won't use. Like engineers have to learn how to solve ODEs when they will never see one in an industry job.
Like in dentistry or any trades there aren't many things that are useless for the actual Job
I used the same logic as you which is why I majored in bio/cs trying to get into med school and fallback on software if unsuccesful. But I was so miserable this past year and enjoyed my math/physics classes so much more that I switched. Really I can only imagine doing something like math or physics because I cba to memorize things, hate how information dense subjects tend to have "trickier" tests rather than whether you understand the information or not, and my uni's CS program is too competitive

I want to enjoy uni and make decent money at the same time so I don't mind losing out on some earnings, but if you are fine with studying what you said in OP then go for it since you will ofc be making more money
I don't know if Uni is really worth it

In Europe there are Trades for every type of specific job so that you don't learn useless stuff unrelated to your job
A Mechatronic Blue Collar Worker will straight up only learn in school what's absolutely necessary for their work.
Still, with these jobs you have no Chance at obtaining Managerial/Executive Roles where the big money lies. University is required for that.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, LooksOrDeath and Deprived
Education system in UK is just better tbh, but because most people doing STEM are smart anyway, America being behind and easier in education doesn't affect us much.
i'll go to university in the UK then move to the US for work through any means

• Woah
@PubertyMaxxer are you in hs or college
I was admitted directly to med school ( Europe)

I am only 18 years old, here we enter the6 medicine major directly after highschool.

I could really push up my grades in the last few highschool exams and my internships helped aswell.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and LooksOrDeath
I was admitted directly to med school ( Europe)

I am only 18 years old, here we enter the6 medicine major directly after highschool.

I could really push up my grades in the last few highschool exams and my internships helped aswell.
gl
seems alot like you think of switching to cs these days

• +1
gl
seems alot like you think of switching to cs these days
No CS is too boring for me and will make me an inel.

Medicine, especially if i manage to go the plastic aesthetic surgery route, is absolutely filled by women.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, ChristianChad and LooksOrDeath

Medicine, especially if i manage to go the plastic aesthetic surgery route, is absolutely filled by women.
high iq

also shittons of female patients with bdd, easy pickings

I would think that becoming a billionaire is hugely dependent on scalability, and tech subjects seem to be the most scalable.

What do you think is going to change in the future anyway?

• +1
To become a UHNWI or billionaire you don't necessarily need to attend university.

It combines Computer Science & Mathematics with Business & Business Informatics Content.

I'd say its a combination of high math or math adjacent skills (CS, Physics, even some advanced Economists or Finance majors) being NT or able to manage people very well. And most importantly being very hard working and status driven. On top of that you also had everything go right for you and were incredible lucky. All those people could have easily been forgotten.

Just in 2010 Elon was 4 million away from having nothing invested his last 4 million on a rocket after all the others failed had that not gone well he would be bankrupt. Luck is the most important thing but you also need to be the right type of person to take advantage of luck.

How did Elon pay his way into college trying to do something similar

People who become billionaires are wired a certain kind of way. It's not because they took this major or that one.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Elaborate? You seriously think this will change?
Very well could. My mother got into a medical university and degree with, at the time, the highest entry requirement in Scandinavia, but her pay has more than halved counting inflation since she graduated.

jfl @ making less with 30 years experience than what you did right out of uni tho :ROFLMAO::feelswhy:

This could very well become you if you don't choose carefully. Personally If I there only focused on money I'd choose CS since it's a lot easier to adapt your skillset than other fields. Now I'm an empathetic cuck so I'll probably go into medicine too, despite the pay and hours, also biology is just 100x more fun than maths, physics or cs + the massive difference in exposure to women between these two degrees.

I don't know much about the tech space, but AI is all the fucking hype right now, and from speaking with the 2 cs engineers I know IRL it seems that it will continue to be so for a good amount of time if the current developmental velocity

lol reading the thread we have the same plan, based bro.
:y'all:

People who become billionaires are wired a certain kind of way. It's not because they took this major or that one.
But gaining skills and a title can be a big step towards starting a business and gaining investors.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and incel194012940
Very well could. My mother got into a medical university and degree with, at the time, the highest entry requirement in Scandinavia, but her pay has more than halved counting inflation since she graduated.

jfl @ making less with 30 years experience than what you did right out of uni tho :ROFLMAO::feelswhy:

This could very well become you if you don't choose carefully. Personally If I there only focused on money I'd choose CS since it's a lot easier to adapt your skillset than other fields. Now I'm an empathetic cuck so I'll probably go into medicine too, despite the pay and hours, also biology is just 100x more fun than maths, physics or cs + the massive difference in exposure to women between these two degrees.

I don't know much about the tech space, but AI is all the fucking hype right now, and from speaking with the 2 cs engineers I know IRL it seems that it will continue to be so for a good amount of time if the current developmental velocity

lol reading the thread we have the same plan, based bro.
:y'all:

But gaining skills and a title can be a big step towards starting a business and gaining investors.
I don't think medicine is empathy related it was on the top 5 list for sociopath industries

• +1
Reactions: copemaxxeer and PubertyMaxxer
tech = everything
also by far easiest subject for self learning

• +1

Already invented. It’s a laser helmet. You may’ve seen ads about it on YouTube.

• Woah
Reactions: ascension
Already invented. It’s a laser helmet. You may’ve seen ads about it on YouTube.
Does it actually work though?
It's very effective for what it is.

Combine it with finasteride (or related drugs) and minoxidil and you've got a potent combination. Then add micro-needling and tretinoin on top of that and you will multiply the effect of minoxidil multiple times.

Also in regards to this, there has been a few drugs that would cure MPB that didn't get released on the market, primarily because the patent had run out, so there's multiple cures around that never got to make billions.

I don't think medicine is empathy related it was on the top 5 list for sociopath industries
Surgeons are in the top 5, other specialities are not. And it makes sense, cutting another person is reported to be a very upsetting act for ordinary people, even tho it's in a controlled environment and done for the bettering of the patient.

There are many many many better ways to get money and prestige than becoming a doctor, so any sociopath that chooses medicine for this is an idiot too.

• +1