The Cryptocurrency Market is Now Worth Close to a Whopping 2 Trillion USD, Yet....

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Diamond
..... copecels are still calling for 50X and 100X gains in the top 10 coins, as if it's 2016. JFL

The mere fact that people are talking like this everywhere almost guarantees it won't happen, and it's actually a sign that the price of crypto has already been bid up, and that the market is saturated.

The time to make big money in an asset class is when the average Joe doesn't even know it exists, let alone invests money in it, hoping for miracles.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hattrick, Latinolooksmaxxer, ascension and 14 others
what should i invest in

• +1
Reactions: nigkook
Oh for fucks sake crypto is basiccly fancy gambling now where near a traditional investment where you wait long periods of time based of solid research and whatnot it’s more like hmm I think shit coin number 4 is gonna do a 10x lemme gamble on it

• +1
Reactions: dimorphism, poopoohead and ClearEmOut
pretty much

Attachments

• 3728339_1698426088435.png
    3728339_1698426088435.png
    902 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: not__cel
Oh for fucks sake crypto is basiccly fancy gambling now where near a traditional investment where you wait long periods of time based of solid research and whatnot it’s more like hmm I think shit coin number 4 is gonna do a 10x lemme gamble on it
It's not gambling anymore, since it has grown exponentially, and is now a semi-mature asset class, that's much safer to invest in. But that comes with a price (which is the whole point of my thread). It means its days of parabolic gains are behind it. The best the aggregate cryptocurrency market will do from now on, in the long run, is a few percentage points better than the S&P 500, imo. You can forget about the multiple returns within a few months.

• +1
Reactions: hattrick, dimorphism, ascension and 2 others
..... copecels are still calling for 50X and 100X gains in the top 10 coins, as if it's 2016. JFL

The mere fact that people are talking like this everywhere almost guarantees it won't happen, and it's actually a sign that the price of crypto has already been bid up, and that the market is saturated.

The time to make big money in an asset class is when the average Joe doesn't even know it exists, let alone invests money in it, hoping for miracles.
It's not gambling anymore, since it has grown exponentially, and is now a semi-mature asset class, that's much safer to invest in. But that comes with a price (which is the whole point of my thread). It means its days of parabolic gains are behind it. The best the aggregate cryptocurrency market will do from now on, in the long run, is a few percentage points better than the S&P 500, imo. You can forget about the multiple returns within a few months.
Your statement is true, if the use case and adoptions of Bitcoin/crypto has reached it destination.
Some people believe, bitcoin has alot more adoption(s) and new use cases ahead of it in the future. Which would mean the entry of new money and thus stil good gains compared to s&p500 type of stuff.

1 VU P6BPEHOBfO4TNDVYZvg
NVEHSN2VHNGVBF5NYIF4Y636YY

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, 5'7 zoomer, hardestmfintheroom and 1 other person
Crypto is over stop coping

• +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer
Stock market is $100 trillion+
Bond market is $100 trillion+
Real estate is $300 trillion +

Jfl at this midwit line of reasoning

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Polar
I prefer saving and living frugal 😌😌

Unless it truly de-correlates from other asset classes, which is unlikely as it is still liquidity as opposed to demand and supply or stock to flow driven.

However even IF it can de-correlate, the best case is nothing special. And will at times lag other asset classes, but over long time horizon, under those hypothetical conditions I believe it's gonna 1.1-1.2x the SP500, so even then only really a small diversification play for retirement, nothing more

• +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad
Stock market is $100 trillion+
Bond market is $100 trillion+
Real estate is $300 trillion +

Jfl at this midwit line of reasoning
And you're assuming the cryptocurrency market is going to equal or exceed them within our lifetime??

Bitcoin will still be kicking when SPX, NASDAQ, DOW, USD are all belly under from useless parasites

Bitcoin will still be kicking when SPX, NASDAQ, DOW, USD are all belly under from useless parasites
So, you're betting on the downfall of America, while somehow, cryptocurrency thrives? It doesn't work that way.

And you're assuming the cryptocurrency market is going to equal or exceed them within our lifetime??
I personally think bitcoin or crypto will not exceed the market cap of real estate, stock and bonds.
Gold is 13 trillion market cap.
While bitcoin is now 0.8 trillion orso market cap.
I could see bitcoin mogg gold in the future, in market cap. Which would be nice gains.

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
I personally think bitcoin or crypto will not exceed the market cap of real estate, stock and bonds.
Gold is 13 trillion market cap.
While bitcoin is now 0.8 trillion orso market cap.
I could see bitcoin mogg gold in the future, in market cap. Which would be nice gains.
Is investing in 5k in crypto a good idea if you are a povertycel?

Is investing in 5k in crypto a good idea if you are a povertycel?
Yes.
1. Assuming one don't need the 5k anytime soon (aka years).
2. Assuming one can easily deal with movemwnts in value like this. 5k drops to 3.5k value in 2 months time. Than maybe it pops to a peak of 25k at some pont. And than 1 year later, one looks at it being 11k value.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, poopoohead, wollet2 and 1 other person
Yes.
1. Assuming one don't need the 5k anytime soon (aka years).
2. Assuming one can easily deal with movemwnts in value like this. 5k drops to 3.5k value in 2 months time. Than maybe it pops to a peak of 25k at some pont. And than 1 year later, one looks at it being 11k value.
It is still a significant amount of money for most povertycels. I'd say only 1% of your savings should be invested in very risk assets like crypto.

what should i invest in
Use your brain for once instead of asking for orders to follow like your commoner genetics tell you to do

I would call it cope simply because we are far from total adoption. Like if you count unique addresses of usdt holders it barely exceeds 50m people. It's joke. I do believe that upcoming bullrun will be the last one where we gonna see 5x-10x from big altcoins.

I invested all my lifesaving currently. In a private trade chat I know a guy who sold 2 apartments and a car and invested it all in crypto. Already made 3x. He said it was hard period in he's life because at one point he was like minus 70% from starter deposit lol.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Pakicel
I would call it cope simply because we are far from total adoption. Like if you count unique addresses of usdt holders it barely exceeds 50m people. It's joke. I do believe that upcoming bullrun will be the last one where we gonna see 5x-10x from big altcoins.

I invested all my lifesaving currently. In a private trade chat I know a guy who sold 2 apartments and a car and invested it all in crypto. Already made 3x. He said it was hard period in he's life because at one point he was like minus 70% from starter deposit lol.
People with balls.
Going big and/or having to suffer big losses.
That's the only way, when the upside potential is high.

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
People with balls.
Going big and/or having to suffer big losses.
That's the only way, when the upside potential is high.
Yh. Stocks and ext are good if you have like 500k+
but if you have 10-50k its a joke to invest in stocks when you take into account real inflation. in the last 15 years only bitcoin and snp500 companies actually brought profits to its holders. And snp500 barely goes above inflation so at best you just save your money.

crypto is ideal for anything less than 100k because of high risk high reward structure. Still even taking into account risk any newb should bear in mind that now when they are entering the market its in the process of recovery. So pretty much any investment in top 100 coins would grant you profits. I bought dot at 4.5 y.e and icp for 3.5 y.e Meanwhile tons of guys bought them for 40 and 50 y.e just a year ago.

Its a new market,still new technology and still far from adoption. Ignoring it is just ridiculous. Can bitcoin go to 0? yes. But take into account that 96% of bitcoin holders are huge investment companies like blackrock and whales. There are no common folk there. They all invest into altcoins.

• Woah
It is still a significant amount of money for most povertycels. I'd say only 1% of your savings should be invested in very risk assets like crypto.
If there were a cryptocurrency index fund, with low fees (>1%), that tracked at least the top 50-100 projects, it would be worthwhile to invest maybe 5%-10% of one's overall portfolio in it. Just don't expect 50X returns in 6 months. This isn't 2012.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Skywalker and 5'7 zoomer

I started investing in about 50 cryptocurrencies in June, 2017. Ended up piling over $75k into them since that time. So, I'm up a little over 3X in 7 years. Not bad (stock market doubles about every 7 years), but it's hardly life-changing. So, you can understand why I'm skeptical of even seeing 5X in the next bull run.

• Woah
I’m never gonna regard a asset that’s as volatile as crypto as even semi safe long term investment it’s purely for quick cash and pump and dumps jfl stability is defined by having a history of little to no erratic movements crypto is the exact opposite

I started investing in about 50 cryptocurrencies in June, 2017. Ended up piling over $75k into them since that time. So, I'm up a little over 3X in 7 years. Not bad (stock market doubles about every 7 years), but it's hardly life-changing. So, you can understand why I'm skeptical of even seeing 5X in the next bull run.
50 is a lot and tbh pointless because on average you only need 20 assets max to mitigate the risks. 3-5 if you want maximum profits but obviously higher risks. I actually find it strange. All my acquaintance made like 15-30x and they started investing in 2018. Even the guy who bought only bit and eth in 2019 for 50k now sitting at 400k.

You probably just passively invest for long term. In crypto you have to sell at you target price range and relocate profits into other coins that are yet to pump. I made 2.5x in just a few months although I obviously bought at the bottom. And I invested only on 5 coins. Im planning to add 3-4 projects more because I'm expecting massive correction towards 25-30k close to halving and that's it. and I'm going to sell it all at the end of 2025.

The time to make big money in an asset class is when the average Joe doesn't even know it exists, let alone invests money in it
By the time you read about it in the Wall Street Journal it is already too late.

• +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad
I’m never gonna regard a asset that’s as volatile as crypto as even semi safe long term investment it’s purely for quick cash and pump and dumps jfl stability is defined by having a history of little to no erratic movements crypto is the exact opposite.
The aggregate cryptocurrency market since 2015 (when it was considered extremely risky) has grown exponentially:

Then: https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20150104/

Now: https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

So, it's much less risky now, and should still provide decent returns long-term, albeit nowhere near as much as before.

I'd say investors would be fools to not include it as part of a diversified investment portfolio. Just don't expect gains like in the past. Temper your expectations, and you should be fine.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and eduardkoopman
The aggregate cryptocurrency market since 2015 (when it was considered extremely risky) has grown exponentially:

Then: https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20150104/

Now: https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

So, it's much less risky now, and should still provide decent returns long-term, albeit nowhere near as much as before. I'd say investors would be fools to not include it as part of a diversified investment portfolio. Just don't expect gains like in the past. Just temper your expectations, and you should be fine.
Nigga you slap your money in some shitty crypto it’s gonna go up and down like the waves in the sea wildly that’s like saying yeah it’s less risky compared to when it was Tsunami’s

Nigga you slap your money in some shitty crypto it’s gonna go up and down like the waves in the sea wildly that’s like saying yeah it’s less risky compared to when it was Tsunami’s
Assuming you don't need the money, the secret to success is to stay the course and ride the waves out. Didn't the links I posted make any impression on you at all??

• Woah
Yh. Stocks and ext are good if you have like 500k+
but if you have 10-50k its a joke to invest in stocks when you take into account real inflation. in the last 15 years only bitcoin and snp500 companies actually brought profits to its holders. And snp500 barely goes above inflation so at best you just save your money.

crypto is ideal for anything less than 100k because of high risk high reward structure. Still even taking into account risk any newb should bear in mind that now when they are entering the market its in the process of recovery. So pretty much any investment in top 100 coins would grant you profits. I bought dot at 4.5 y.e and icp for 3.5 y.e Meanwhile tons of guys bought them for 40 and 50 y.e just a year ago.

Its a new market,still new technology and still far from adoption. Ignoring it is just ridiculous. Can bitcoin go to 0? yes. But take into account that 96% of bitcoin holders are huge investment companies like blackrock and whales. There are no common folk there. They all invest into altcoins.
Bitcoin planb cointurk

• +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad and Anasurimbor
There is also that chart. Indicator of money supply. In ten years Both snp500( +174%) and gold(+64%) failed to outgrow it(+574%). Meanwhile Bitcoin (+5308%)
Literally every 4rd dollar in existence was printed after 2019. When the money printing shit show begins again close to summer we can expect the biggest bulrun in crypto history. And you don't wanna miss it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240120_023743_184.jpg
    IMG_20240120_023743_184.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and eduardkoopman
There is also that chart. Indicator of money supply. In ten years Both snp500( +174%) and gold(+64%) failed to outgrow it(+574%). Meanwhile Bitcoin (+5308%)
Literally every 4rd dollar in existence was printed after 2019. When the money printing shit show begins again close to summer we can expect the biggest bulrun in crypto history. And you don't wanna miss it.
Let's hope we get enough cash, to buy up front.
Going leveraged, got me nuked.
So I gotta stick to spot, or maybe leverage like 25% maximum. To be able to deal with them 30% drawbacks

• So Sad
Somehow, I think the money printing is already priced into the market, similar to how the Bitcoin ETPs were priced in, and now BTC is going nowhere.

• Woah
Somehow, I think the money printing is already priced into the market, similar to how the Bitcoin ETPs were priced in, and now BTC is going nowhere.
ETF is just repeating the same story as with first Bitcoin cme futures. They were approved in 2017 and at that time whole crypto community was waiting for massive 'to the to moon' by expecting massive influx of money from major financial institutions. Instead we got huge correction.

Honestly I also expect massive global correction to 30 maybe even 25k. Although I expected that from 52-55k. I really hope what we have now is a just small correction before the final impulse towards 52-55k. Most people expecting halving in 3 months and think that price also gonna instantly increase after that.. But If you look at history- for example ltc price also dropped massively after halving and started to grow only after 5-6 months.

ETF/ halving are good for long term though.

Last edited:
So, you're betting on the downfall of America, while somehow, cryptocurrency thrives? It doesn't work that way.
people bet on Bitcoin against the downfall of their own whatever part of the world they may be in whether in China, Russia, USA, EU, South America etc. all of those governments fear Bitcoin whilst also not wanting to be left out when one of them falls, that’s why they play hot potato yes/no with legislation.

And everyone knows it’s gonna keep generating until year 2150AD

That’s why Bitcoin isn’t going anywhere

people bet on Bitcoin against the downfall of their own whatever part of the world they may be in whether in China, Russia, USA, EU, South America etc. all of those governments fear Bitcoin whilst also not wanting to be left out when one of them falls, that’s why they play hot potato yes/no with legislation.

And everyone knows it’s gonna keep generating until year 2150AD

That’s why Bitcoin isn’t going anywhere
I never claimed that Bitcoin is going away, only that its growth is going to be much less thrilling going forward.

We get money printing again???

Would mogg for gains.
The day that print maxxing comes to collapse, that gonna be an epic bloodbath. But whom knows whenever that will happen. Maybe not even in our lifetime. People been calling for the collapse of it for 20+ years now, and it never happened, only a tricky 2007-2008 period of it almost collapsing.

Another bitcoin campared to other stuff chart I liked.
IMG 20231210 131221 232

Crypto market is gonna drop short term

• Woah

The average joe still has 0 clue about crypto.

• Woah
It's all a ponzi scheme gambling fake casino money.
Is still the average Joe opinion. I think

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and ascension
It's all a ponzi scheme gambling fake casino money.
Is still the average Joe opinion. I think

Mention Blockchain, DeFi, Web3, NFTs, Smart Contracts, Asset tokenization and they'll think you're speaking another language.
We're early.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, FutureSlayer and eduardkoopman
Has dropped also.
From 48k to now 41k. Like 15% down
I feel it'll drop a lot more just due to the fact it's being pushed all over the place. CNBC won't stop talking about it, tons of these ETF's available now, tons of retail traders buying expecting price to jump - I don't see it.

I think the mainstream news attracted a lot of newcomers who'll buy BTC on leverage (their liquidation levels will be hunted imo, or their stoplosses). And those who buy to invest will get tested with a significant drop (25%+ from what I'm guessing), and some will likely get scared and sell in a loss. Means decent profits for those who don't need so much leverage and want to trade the markets bidirectionally. We're already in a downtrend looking at the 1-4h charts on a 200period moving average.

Obviously I'm bullish long-term on Bitcoin, but I don't see a huge price jump any time soon. I was holding out for a big trend in Solana, and that only came after holding it patiently for 5-6 months, but it came. I feel like too many people are expecting big market moves upwards in crypto in a time where it shouldn't make sense if you look at the collective psychology of the markets and who's buying in and anticipating short-term gains.

I could definitely be wrong, just like anyone. But that's just my 2cents.

• Woah
I feel it'll drop a lot more just due to the fact it's being pushed all over the place. CNBC won't stop talking about it, tons of these ETF's available now, tons of retail traders buying expecting price to jump - I don't see it.

I think the mainstream news attracted a lot of newcomers who'll buy BTC on leverage (their liquidation levels will be hunted imo, or their stoplosses). And those who buy to invest will get tested with a significant drop (25%+ from what I'm guessing), and some will likely get scared and sell in a loss. Means decent profits for those who don't need so much leverage and want to trade the markets bidirectionally. We're already in a downtrend looking at the 1-4h charts on a 200period moving average.

Obviously I'm bullish long-term on Bitcoin, but I don't see a huge price jump any time soon. I was holding out for a big trend in Solana, and that only came after holding it patiently for 5-6 months, but it came. I feel like too many people are expecting big market moves upwards in crypto in a time where it shouldn't make sense if you look at the collective psychology of the markets and who's buying in and anticipating short-term gains.

I could definitely be wrong, just like anyone. But that's just my 2cents.
i hope you are right. More time to buy at lower prices, wopuld be much appricated.
I personally guestimate, maybe a drop down to 37K-38K ranges in the comming weeks. And after that a sideways and/or steady slow uptrend. But I hope i am wrong, and that we damp tto like 32K levels or wahetver. Would be great.
I personally suspect the "real"/"final" bull trend, to start this late summer period, and hoprfully lasts at least for 6 to 12 months.
I hope I will be able to have good Bitcoin and bigger alt gains, that I can transfer in mania phase into shitcoins, that pop hard. And than should jump those shitcoins a good time before it peak, and goes into -99.5% mode 12 months later after peak

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Seth Walsh
That is certainly NOT reflected in its market cap. 2 trillion is not 2 billion, or even 200 billion.

• Woah