The entire concept of Superheroes is extremely blackpilling

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
They're supposed to be inspirational but they're actually pure suicidefuel when you think about it, because the entire concept of the superhero virtually oozes blackpills.

Consider what a superhero actually is. What actually MAKES somebody a superhero? Bravery? Talent? Hard work and dedication?

Nope.

Being a superhero is all about inherent power. About unearned talents.

The reason Superman can walk into a burning building without fear isn't because he's more brave than you, but rather because he was simply born borderline indestructible. He doesn't NEED to fear fire. A so-called normal person who did the same is 10000000x more brave, but nobody would give a shit.

Speaking of which, that brings us to the second blackpilled aspect of superheroes, which is hero worship. Everybody loves Superman. Even though he's just some lucky bastard who didn't spend a day of his life earning his talents. He was just born a superpowered alien. And everybody loves him for it.

*Superman saves a foid falling from a skyscraper*

Normies: "OMG SO BRAVE SO NOBLE U RISKED UR LIFE!!!!!! :feelsgood: "

*Normie dipshit donates kidney to a sick person*
Normies: "Yawn...anybody can do that. :soy:"

I just fucking hate everything about superheroes. They're the ultimate example of normies worhshipping people for unmeritocratic reasons.

Over for non-superherocels.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: lwlaiet060920, lemonnz, owlofathena and 23 others
@Chris Benoit new @disillusioned banger

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 52057, Deleted member 21899 and scrunchables
IMG 0246

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: owlofathena, mug, 5'8manlet and 2 others
Bro obviously never watched The Boys

Bro obviously never watched The Boys
That show only proves OP's point though. Isn't one of the main characters literally a white nationalist low trust hedonistic sociopath worshipped for his powers and the bare minimum virtue signalling he does

• +1
Reactions: Samsepioler, Deleted member 25377, Jamaldickjavontus and 2 others
YET ANOTHER BANGER BY @disillusioned W

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Primalsplit, the BULL and 3 others
if that's the case then villians would also be adored

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25377
Lex Luthor also feels that way about Superman, which is one of the reasons why he hates him. He explains it in this scene

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Samsepioler, Brus Wane and Jamaldickjavontus
Its better to destroy this wicked world

That show only proves OP's point though. Isn't one of the main characters literally a white nationalist low trust hedonistic sociopath worshipped for his powers and the bare minimum virtue signalling he does
Yeah but the average person could still become a superhero by miracle in that universe.
There’s literally a liquified injection of superpowers called Compound-V or something like that.

• +1
Reactions: HitAndRun and Primalsplit
Very interesting thead.

These heroes are the total opposite of hard work and merit.

And, "ironically", they were created in the US, the bastion of "meritocracy": "anyone, no matter where they came from, can succeed in America if they work hard for it."

While in real life we don't have people born with super powers, we have socially economically privileged ones: a.k.a rich born people.

With many of these privileged people not being aware (or pretending not to) of how privileged they are, simply for being born at the right family.

I always crack up when I see rich born people trying to create this persona which consists of a past of suffering: "I'm rich, but I had to endure a lot of shit just to be here..."

Bullshit, their suffering = dad gave him/her a Ferrari in their 18th birthday and a flat facing the beach.

Nobody wants to admit their privileges, it destroys our egos, it makes us not look good enough knowing that most of our success is not based on hard work/merit, but simply being born in the right family, with connections and good aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: the BULL
Time to drench myself into toxic waste

It is what it is superior genetics are adored by everyone know your place incel

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25377, spermium and Primalsplit
Lex Luthor also feels that way about Superman, which is one of the reasons why he hates him. He explains it in this scene

Blackpilled and based af. Luthor is an underrated 'villain' tbh.

Superheroes are super police

It's police propaganda

• +1
Reactions: mid
superior genes is its own merit and it comes from the good choices of their ancestors. your ancestors made the wrong choices and you have to pay for it.

hahahaha

• +1
Reactions: lwlaiet060920 and Primalsplit
What about Batman?

• JFL
Reactions: pig_face
Very interesting thead.

And, "ironically", they were created in the US, the bastion of "meritocracy": "anyone, no matter where they came from, can succeed in America if they work hard for it."

While in real life we don't have people born with super powers, we have socially economically privileged ones: a.k.a rich born people.

With many of these privileged people not being aware (or pretending not to) of how privileged they are, simply for being born at the right family.

I always crack up when I see rich born people trying to create this persona which consists of a past of suffering: "I'm rich, but I had to endure a lot of shit just to be here..."

Bullshit, their suffering = dad gave him/her a Ferrari in their 18th birthday and a flat facing the beach.

Nobody wants to admit their privileges, it destroys our egos, it makes us not look good enough knowing that most of our success is not based on hard work/merit, but simply being born in the right family, with connections and good aesthetics.
they were created in the US, but the early superhero comics industry was mostly run by a certain group of people

Very interesting thead.

I agree with what you're saying but your argument about social privileges/being rich also has a genetic component. Nobody is going to get rich with 82 IQ unless they are a rapper or lottery winner.

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining
Very interesting thead.

Wouldn’t say you need to have rich parents to become rich (albeit I would say it does help a lot, as they could easily fund your money making pursuits), connections are more important I would say (which often times, wealthy families to have)

I would say IQ is by far the most important factor in becoming wealthy, IQ alone won’t make you rich, but I would say it is a prerequisite for becoming wealthy (unless you have a very rare talent, looks, or something else along those lines)

And even then, most people don’t have high enough IQ to keep the money even if they get rich, just look at most lottery winners

I agree with what you're saying but your argument about social privileges/being rich also has a genetic component. Nobody is going to get rich with 82 IQ unless they are a rapper or lottery winner.
And even then, most lottery winners and rappers end up going broke if they aren’t above avg iq

wrong almost everyone hates superman i love him for power scaling simply because hes too op but hes a shit character and a mary sue that's why we love batman a wealthy businessman but also a peak human superhero competing with god like beings (the justice league)

also superman is simply one dimensional who does good no matter what and not like batman who does have a moral code but he will send message to his foes(which rarely works lol hes been fighting the same villains for 50+ yeas)

imagine raging over imaginery people

• JFL
Reactions: Latinus
Ultimate power but it still dosent corrupt . If they describe the concept well it can work

This guy has no superpower though.

• JFL
Reactions: mid
Rappers have high verbal iq

What about Batman?
Well, he's very rich, but inherited most of his fortune so didn't actually work for it, his money also allows him to buy all sorts of fancy high-tech gadgets to fight crime.

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
You make unironically thought provoking and interesting threads. Truely one of the best ysers

• JFL
Reactions: pig_face
You make unironically thought provoking and interesting threads. Truely one of the best ysers
cope nigger

• +1
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5
They're supposed to be inspirational but they're actually pure suicidefuel when you think about it, because the entire concept of the superhero virtually oozes blackpills.

Consider what a superhero actually is. What actually MAKES somebody a superhero? Bravery? Talent? Hard work and dedication?

Nope.

Being a superhero is all about inherent power. About unearned talents.

The reason Superman can walk into a burning building without fear isn't because he's more brave than you, but rather because he was simply born borderline indestructible. He doesn't NEED to fear fire. A so-called normal person who did the same is 10000000x more brave, but nobody would give a shit.

Speaking of which, that brings us to the second blackpilled aspect of superheroes, which is hero worship. Everybody loves Superman. Even though he's just some lucky bastard who didn't spend a day of his life earning his talents. He was just born a superpowered alien. And everybody loves him for it.

*Superman saves a foid falling from a skyscraper*
Normies: "OMG SO BRAVE SO NOBLE U RISKED UR LIFE!!!!!! :feelsgood: "

*Normie dipshit donates kidney to a sick person*
Normies: "Yawn...anybody can do that. :soy:"

I just fucking hate everything about superheroes. They're the ultimate example of normies worhshipping people for unmeritocratic reasons.

Over for non-superherocels.
Superman could take over the world or destroy it in an instant but he doesn't
Because he's just a good guy
He's just supposed to be the best a human can be MORALLY. Yes Superman is brave btw even if he had no powers he would take a bullet to save a random.

• +1
Reactions: Kamui