The Heightpocalypse Part Two and New Height theory

ChadL1te

ChadL1te

Hardstuck MTN
Context: By now most of you are aware of the crazy 'heightflation' going on in our world that makes it seem like everyone is tall all of a sudden. Well I coined the term 'heightpocalypse' to describe the point of no return of this issue. Meaning this is irreversible and will continue to get worse. If you haven't read my first thread I recommend you to at least skim it because this effects everyone

To sum it up, I described how we got to this point and listed a decent amount of reasons. However, there was a contributing factor that I overlooked. If you dont care about this, skip to the second half of this thread its more important anyways.

Incorrect Doctor Measurements: Typically when you go for a checkup at a doctor's office you take their height and weight. Most people blindly consider this to be the most accurate form of measurement as its done from a 'professional' and thus they can't be wrong. Well, this couldn't be further from the truth for a multitude of reasons.
  1. For one, a doctor is never the one measuring your height. It is always a nurse or assistant which doesn't require some genius or experience in measuring.​
  2. Many pediatric offices will use something like the image below for measurements. Obviously this is typically not very accurate and inferior to a stadiometer. Although many adult offices use something more accurate, most people are done growing by 18 and the damage is typically done.
  3. Perhaps the biggest reason for this phenomenon is that nurses are not looking to be right on the mark. They are literally just checking boxes to fill out a required form for your general info. They don't care if they are off by an entire inch, they just need a general idea. Furthermore, many offices are extremely busy and many nurses are actually instructed to fill out as many patient forms as fast as they can and thus will be rushing your measurements. If you really want to take an accurate measurement of your height, use a digital stadiometer once in the morning, and once at night and take the average of the two. You are probably a 1/4 inch shorter than you think.

I understand this probably won't do anything but I'm writing about it anyways. However, it does lead me to my next point.
    New Height Theory
  4. But an inch difference doesn't matter?: Well actually, it does and this segways into my next point about height theory.
    Below is a distribution of height in adults.

As we can see in the graph, 95% of people are between 162.5cm and 190 (5'3-6'2). What this means is that every inch difference in height makes a much larger difference in appearance than you would think because humans' heights are so close together. My theory is that someone who is 6'0 is double the height of someone who is 5'6. Mathematically this is clearly incorrect. However, this is based on the idea that since 95% of humans lie in a 12-inch range of height. Someone who is 6'0 will seem twice as tall in person. For IRL context, this is what the difference looks like
Screenshot 2024 03 29 at 115844AM

Pretty big difference right? Hopefull what you took away is that every inch matters and that 6'0 is a lot taller than some of you think.

• +1
Reactions: silencio, Deleted member 60051, bloomercel and 8 others
tags @TechnoBoss @Clavicular @NotCarv @kanderior @socialcel @5.5psl @Blackgymmax @Head @NorwoodAscender

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TechnoBoss, Clavicular and socialcel
Light Yagami, Johan Liebert, and Yui Kagiri are all considered highly manipulative characters within the anime community, known for their intelligence and manipulation tactics. Among the three, Light Yagami stands out as a master manipulator, utilizing not only the Death Note but also his words to his advantage. For instance, when he encounters Naomi Misora at the police station, Light subtly manipulates the situation to establish credibility and trust with her, ultimately leading to her demise. Johan Liebert, on the other hand, demonstrates profound manipulation skills by preying on individuals' vulnerabilities and psychological weaknesses, as seen in his interaction with Richard Braun, leading him to commit suicide. Yui Kagiri, though newer, exhibits adeptness in manipulating emotions and exploiting insecurities, such as inciting conflict within Group K in Tomodachi Game. Ultimately, Light Yagami and Johan Liebert could be considered on par with each other, with Yui Kagiri trailing behind, but each excels in their own unique ways.

• JFL
Reactions: KingCartierrr23, Detective, NoseProphecy and 1 other person
did read

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and ChadL1te
The problem with nurses measuring height can also be attributed to a parralax error due to them being much shorter than you are when measuring so even their base readings are off by alot in some cases.

These days everyone is using different ways to fraud. They sneakily bump themselves from a 5ft9 to a 5ft10 by measuring with shoes and round that up to 6ft.

Saw someone irl I know who wore shoelifts to fraud to 5ft10ish, I think they were 2 inch lifts ( no shame :forcedsmile: )

• +1
Reactions: ParanoidHungLatino and northern mogger
good thread

• Love it
Reactions: ChadL1te
Facts. I am 0.5 inch taller than my friend. In india i often get measured at 183 cm or 184 cm. I am 186.5-187 ish cm. In turkey i got measured 2 cm shorter than I am while my friend who is VISIBLY 2 cm shorter got measured taller than me. They can be very off. The best way to measure yourself is get a long 30-40 cm bug spray can and measure urself looking straight w good spine at morning and night before sleep.

• +1
I'm glad I've been measured by laser multiple times, I'm worried enough about height as is at 6'0, I can't imagine the paranoia if it was just by stadiometer. But yeah this is a good point, the doctor or nurse don't do anything different with the stadiometer that you can't also do at home with one. Also a lot of official height stats that come from measured data involve morning measurements, where height can be as higher as 1 inch, which spread across hundreds or thousands of measurements could lead to a significantly skewed average. My Danish friend told me that when he and his friends did their mandatory military service they were all measured in the morning.

Still, measured height stats are the best indicator we have, since as wrong as they can be, self-reported surveys are even more inaccurate, so they're what I use as a reference. Personally my "ruler" to assess how realistic claims are is the height statistics of Scandinavia (among the tallest countries in the world, and they have mandatory military conscription so virtually every man in his prime there has his height measured), and the Dinaric Alps (tallest region in the world, from where we also have multiple measured height studies due to scientific curiosity about them). In the latter's case it's 6'0.5 for men and 5'7.5 for women, so that's as high as average height can possibly get, I dismiss any claims saying it's higher wherever they are.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and ChadL1te
I'm glad I've been measured by laser multiple times, I'm worried enough about height as is at 6'0, I can't imagine the paranoia if it was just by stadiometer. But yeah this is a good point, the doctor or nurse don't do anything different with the stadiometer that you can't also do at home with one. Also a lot of official height stats that come from measured data involve morning measurements, where height can be as higher as 1 inch, which spread across hundreds or thousands of measurements could lead to a significantly skewed average. My Danish friend told me that when he and his friends did their mandatory military service they were all measured in the morning.

Still, measured height stats are the best indicator we have, since as wrong as they can be, self-reported surveys are even more inaccurate, so they're what I use as a reference. Personally my "ruler" to assess how realistic claims are is the height statistics of Scandinavia (tallest countries where they have mandatory military conscription, so virtually every man in his prime there has his height measured), and the Dinaric Alps (tallest region in the world, from where we also have multiple measured height studies due to scientific curiosity about them). In the latter's case it's 6'0.5 for men and 5'7.5 for women, so that's as high as average height can possibly get, I dismiss any claims saying it's higher wherever they are.
Where were you laser measured?

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
The problem with nurses measuring height can also be attributed to a parralax error due to them being much shorter than you are when measuring so even their base readings are off by alot in some cases.

These days everyone is using different ways to fraud. They sneakily bump themselves from a 5ft9 to a 5ft10 by measuring with shoes and round that up to 6ft.

Saw someone irl I know who wore shoelifts to fraud to 5ft10ish, I think they were 2 inch lifts ( no shame :forcedsmile: )
Yeah most nurses are like 5'3 women. People dont even understand that 6'0+ is not common. people think its normal atp because everyone lies about their height

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Light Yagami, Johan Liebert, and Yui Kagiri are all considered highly manipulative characters within the anime community, known for their intelligence and manipulation tactics. Among the three, Light Yagami stands out as a master manipulator, utilizing not only the Death Note but also his words to his advantage. For instance, when he encounters Naomi Misora at the police station, Light subtly manipulates the situation to establish credibility and trust with her, ultimately leading to her demise. Johan Liebert, on the other hand, demonstrates profound manipulation skills by preying on individuals' vulnerabilities and psychological weaknesses, as seen in his interaction with Richard Braun, leading him to commit suicide. Yui Kagiri, though newer, exhibits adeptness in manipulating emotions and exploiting insecurities, such as inciting conflict within Group K in Tomodachi Game. Ultimately, Light Yagami and Johan Liebert could be considered on par with each other, with Yui Kagiri trailing behind, but each excels in their own unique ways.
Johan is a featless bum

height is overrated

• Hmm...
Context: By now most of you are aware of the crazy 'heightflation' going on in our world that makes it seem like everyone is tall all of a sudden. Well I coined the term 'heightpocalypse' to describe the point of no return of this issue. Meaning this is irreversible and will continue to get worse. If you haven't read my first thread I recommend you to at least skim it because this effects everyone

To sum it up, I described how we got to this point and listed a decent amount of reasons. However, there was a contributing factor that I overlooked. If you dont care about this, skip to the second half of this thread its more important anyways.

Incorrect Doctor Measurements: Typically when you go for a checkup at a doctor's office you take their height and weight. Most people blindly consider this to be the most accurate form of measurement as its done from a 'professional' and thus they can't be wrong. Well, this couldn't be further from the truth for a multitude of reasons.
  1. For one, a doctor is never the one measuring your height. It is always a nurse or assistant which doesn't require some genius or experience in measuring.​
  2. Many pediatric offices will use something like the image below for measurements. Obviously this is typically not very accurate and inferior to a stadiometer. Although many adult offices use something more accurate, most people are done growing by 18 and the damage is typically done.
    View attachment 2826711
  3. Perhaps the biggest reason for this phenomenon is that nurses are not looking to be right on the mark. They are literally just checking boxes to fill out a required form for your general info. They don't care if they are off by an entire inch, they just need a general idea. Furthermore, many offices are extremely busy and many nurses are actually instructed to fill out as many patient forms as fast as they can and thus will be rushing your measurements. If you really want to take an accurate measurement of your height, use a digital stadiometer once in the morning, and once at night and take the average of the two. You are probably a 1/4 inch shorter than you think.

I understand this probably won't do anything but I'm writing about it anyways. However, it does lead me to my next point.
    New Height Theory
  4. But an inch difference doesn't matter?: Well actually, it does and this segways into my next point about height theory.
    Below is a distribution of height in adults.
    View attachment 2826736
As we can see in the graph, 95% of people are between 162.5cm and 190 (5'3-6'2). What this means is that every inch difference in height makes a much larger difference in appearance than you would think because humans' heights are so close together. My theory is that someone who is 6'0 is double the height of someone who is 5'6. Mathematically this is clearly incorrect. However, this is based on the idea that since 95% of humans lie in a 12-inch range of height. Someone who is 6'0 will seem twice as tall in person. For IRL context, this is what the difference looks like
View attachment 2826755
Pretty big difference right? Hopefull what you took away is that every inch matters and that 6'0 is a lot taller than some of you think.
Nice

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan and ChadL1te
Interesting time you make this thread. I was actually measured today at the hospital as being 5’11.5 - I’ve been measured at 183cm before.

I swear I almost told her to redo the stadiometer test but I didn’t wanna look autistic.

Fucking brutal now I have to buy a stadiometer so I can cope and take my height early in the morning for that half an inch.

Very legit thread though. Everyone is rounding up and counting their height in boots. There are few legit 6ft and usually the ones I see that are tall, are a few inches taller than 6 foot.

• +1
Interesting time you make this thread. I was actually measured today at the hospital as being 5’11.5 - I’ve been measured at 183cm before.

I swear I almost told her to redo the stadiometer test but I didn’t wanna look autistic.

Fucking brutal now I have to buy a stadiometer so I can cope and take my height early in the morning for that half an inch.

Very legit thread though. Everyone is rounding up and counting their height in boots. There are few legit 6ft and usually the ones I see that are tall, are a few inches taller than 6 foot.
Yeah, it really depends. With the stadiometer and if the nurse ins't rusing and is not a midget it can be accurate. I've just found at least one of the three problems happens often

0 @Axii forgot to tag earlier mirin the new avi btw

• +1
Reactions: Axii
a few months ago my dad and I we're measure with a stadiometer, I was 5'9.5 he was 5'10.5 even though I was an inch taller than him? I guess the nurses was trying to not make him insecure about his son being taller than him, I have since grown even taller now 6'1-6'0 self measure at home fruading 6'3, height is bullshit if you are measuring anywhere but home and you would have a more accurate mark if you were to take a 1 foot ruler and stack it up on your wall and trace the end point taking multiple tries and getting the average of that.

smaller disrespectful ghetto nigger folks in school will still try to cut you in line but if you just push them back with your hand they are more submissive than if a shorter person were to do that. girls are more kind too and sympathetic i've seen.

• +1
a few months ago my dad and I we're measure with a stadiometer, I was 5'9.5 he was 5'10.5 even though I was an inch taller than him? I guess the nurses was trying to not make him insecure about his son being taller than him, I have since grown even taller now 6'1-6'0 self measure at home fruading 6'3, height is bullshit if you are measuring anywhere but home and you would have a more accurate mark if you were to take a 1 foot ruler and stack it up on your wall and trace the end point taking multiple tries and getting the average of that.

smaller disrespectful ghetto nigger folks in school will still try to cut you in line but if you just push them back with your hand they are more submissive than if a shorter person were to do that. girls are more kind too and sympathetic i've seen.
Dude height halo is fucking insane. One of my roommates was pregaming for a party once so there was hella ppl and shit. These two dudes were matching outfits and talking to some girls and one of the guys said "were twinning." CLEARLY talking about the outfits and one of the girls responded with "One of you is wayy taller than the other." The short dude tried to explain how he was talking about the outfits but he already got owned all while I was holding back laughter sitting down on my bed.

Jova for short mfs

• JFL
Reactions: Axii
Perhaps the biggest reason for this phenomenon is that nurses are not looking to be right on the mark. They are literally just checking boxes to fill out a required form for your general info. They don't care if they are off by an entire inch, they just need a general idea. Furthermore, many offices are extremely busy and many nurses are actually instructed to fill out as many patient forms as fast as they can and thus will be rushing your measurements. If you really want to take an accurate measurement of your height, use a digital stadiometer once in the morning, and once at night and take the average of the two. You are probably a 1/4 inch shorter than you think.
this here is extreme cope.

Everyone basically claims 2 inches taller than they actually are especially those who are born past 2000. They measure themselves in shoes and add an extra inch to that. They away with it because most of the time people see u in shoes