the larp on r/jawsurgery is so fucking funny lmfao

incelbhai

incelbhai

Bronze
jawcels know what i'm on about. r/jawsurgery reddit npcs frame their desire to get surgery as being something exclusively rooted in functionality with the aesthetic outcome only being a secondary thought or a bonus. its almost perverse somewhat, its as though they subscribe to this idea that the admission of the fact that appearance is the biggest reason for their getting this surgery would be to admit to being literally hitler himself lmao. i am sorry dude but you arent getting jaw surgery to get a 4mm increase in your airway width lmao, yes sleep apnea may very well be a concern but its not your reason for getting it, stop the larp. "heheeh yeah i was a recessed birdcel who was getting bullied for my looks every single day but im not superficial like that teehehee i really only did it because my recession wouldve led to health problems in my 30s" :forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sqwertyl, totalynotme, Clqs and 6 others
Im probably gonna need surgery for tmj
I want it for looks too but it has made me physically miserable

• +1
Reactions: totalynotme, LancasteR, iloveboobs and 3 others
jawcels know what i'm on about. r/jawsurgery reddit npcs frame their desire to get surgery as being something exclusively rooted in functionality with the aesthetic outcome only being a secondary thought or a bonus. its almost perverse somewhat, its as though they subscribe to this idea that the admission of the fact that appearance is the biggest reason for their getting this surgery would be to admit to being literally hitler himself lmao. i am sorry dude but you arent getting jaw surgery to get a 4mm increase in your airway width lmao, yes sleep apnea may very well be a concern but its not your reason for getting it, stop the larp. "heheeh yeah i was a recessed birdcel who was getting bullied for my looks every single day but im not superficial like that teehehee i really only did it because my recession wouldve led to health problems in my 30s" :forcedsmile::forcedsmile:
it's proven that the primary concern in jaw surgery is looks

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: totalynotme, notsocommonthumb, Messar and 1 other person

• +1
Reactions: notsocommonthumb
  • +1
Reactions: cooldude1231
Do you know what its caused by
Variety of reasons
Mine developed when i started mewing xD cause i had a tongue tie but now i clench cause of rhinitis

• +1
Reactions: XxW33dSm0k3rxX
if it led to worse looks but better function which i know isnt really possible because functionality is aesthetics but still if it were that way people would do everything in their power to avoid surgery
It is to some extent if the surgeon is a fucking moron

• So Sad
Reactions: incelbhai
Variety of reasons
Mine developed when i started mewing xD cause i had a tongue tie but now i clench cause of rhinitis
Clenching i think can be fixed by stretching tounge and maybe a tounge tie release, do you have overbite a asymmetries, is the tmd on both sides?

• +1
Clenching i think can be fixed by stretching tounge and maybe a tounge tie release, do you have overbite a asymmetries, is the tmd on both sides?
Yeah i got tongue tie released and i still do a bunch of exercises/stretches. I dont have an overbite or anything. And its on both side but its a lot worse on my right with it being displaced from my cartilage. I mostly do it cause my airway gets blocked from allergies when i sleep so i clench to open it up

So what?

• Ugh..
Reactions: incelbhai
Variety of reasons
same as me.. i got brutal tmj when started mewing because tongue tie I think

• So Sad
I mean to be fair tho, you need to be mentally ill to do it only for aesthetics. But yeah saying that it doesn't matter is more cap than cap

same as me.. i got brutal tmj when started mewing because tongue tie I think
Tongue tie release alleviated all my symptoms but it eventually came back sadly

• +1
Reactions: XxW33dSm0k3rxX
Yeah i got tongue tie released and i still do a bunch of exercises/stretches. I dont have an overbite or anything. And its on both side but its a lot worse on my right with it being displaced from my cartilage. I mostly do it cause my airway gets blocked from allergies when i sleep so i clench to open it up
Yea im no educated enough to actually help here, the tounge chewing might be worth a try tho, also check Connor harris's vids on asymmetries might help a little, my own tmd actually improved alot(used to hurt and now it even passes the pinky test sometimes)

• +1

Nah some genuinely don't care tbh. There was this ogre who almost looked overadvanced, but bro was happy because his sleep apnea was better.