The MOST important aspect of your hairline

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Credit to @itis123 who provided me with the knowledge for this thread, he knows a lot about headshapes and hairlines.

The most important aspect of the hairline is:

The Temple Points.

For 2 reasons:

1. Whether you’ll go bald or not.

Every man in their lives will experience some sort of corner recession but whether you actually go bald depends on your temple points. If you naturally lose your temple points whilst receding, you will go bald so you need to do something about it (Fin, Min, Dut, Transplant, etc).

In this picture of Jon Bernthal, you can see that his corners have receded but luckily his temple points are intact:

1A6FD0F2 14C0 4917 A8B2 4CF97AB5C066

Another example is Nikolaj Coster Waldau, he’s had the same look for decades now and won’t go bald:

C3059B97 D2CC 4A9B 9696 CA7CBD442B4C

2. Aesthetics

The temple points are also the most important aspect of the hairline for aesthetic purposes.

The temples are essential for framing your face and jawline, without them your face will look bloated. Brad Pitt has a high, mature hairline, without his temporal points his face would look bloated and also small:

29D6E496 52C6 4805 A128 D3D964BC59F8

Same here with Tom Welling, his jaw looks good and not bloated when he has hair on his temples:

109E962E 53FA 489D 935B 54A9FA26F175
58E500EC 5544 48D1 95A7 DF0A26252371

Temple points are much more important than the height of your hairline; look at how high Tyson Ballou’s hairline is yet his good temple points balance it out:

1FB78C0B 5748 4F13 8DF2 152B083338F1

This article about hair transplants also stresses the importance of restoring the temples:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: owlofathena, zharupodrugu, sadtbh and 20 others

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8080
OVER FOR CHRIS EVANS HE HAS NON-EXISTANT TEMPLE HAIRS
Chris evans jenny slate gifted

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, AscendingHero, madmax and 2 others
Just make a theory about something from statusmaxxed moneymaxxed people who will certainly not only have the access to the surgery, but also 100% does it, theory.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TITUS, fogdart, Deleted member 5969 and 1 other person
Fuark, anyone else mirin' Frank Castle's ogresthetics?
1A6FD0F2 14C0 4917 A8B2 4CF97AB5C066

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Darwined, AscendingHero, Deleted member 9090 and 4 others
Just make a theory about something from statusmaxxed moneymaxxed people who will certainly not only have the access to the surgery, but also 100% does it, theory.
That’s irrelevant thought isn’t it?

Fact remains that if you have intact temples you’re good and temples are extremely important for facial aesthetics.

That’s irrelevant thought isn’t it?

Fact remains that if you have intact temples you’re good and temples are extremely important for facial aesthetics.
Yea, but you made a theory about balding. Things don't work this way anymore. There is fin, t, ht. You don't know what they're doing and you will never find it out either.

meanwhile my hairline looks like this and I'm not even balding

Gsegsehsehsh

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Alexanderr and Deleted member 8846
curtains will hide temple points

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 8846
Yea, but you made a theory about balding. Things don't work this way anymore. There is fin, t, ht. You don't know what they're doing and you will never find it out either.
This is true but doesn’t invalidate my theory.

I’ve edited the OP to state that you need to do something about it if you lose your temples.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536
curtains will hide temple points
Temporary solution, you need to actually stop the hair loss otherwise you’ll eventually have no hair to use as curtains.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu and Zradrad
Insightful post. I never even paid attention to that and just realized I have never even had temple points

Tom Welling switched to a short hairstyle because as he got older, his longer hairstyle started to look too weird. That is actually what most men do. I have noticed that medium length hair like the tiktok hairstyle works best for young men who have a baby face (look more cute than hot), and short hair with gel works best for young men who look hyper masculine (dom face) and older men in general. I didn't know this before joining this site though, I thought that short hair with gel would be best for everyone but then I discovered that Tom Welling's hairstyle when he was younger is the best look for me at my current age.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
Why are temple points important? Obviously its attractive but it also makes your forehead look more narrow.

some users such as @16tyo considered wide temples better than narrow temples.

Why are temple points important? Obviously its attractive but it also makes your forehead look more narrow.

Because it frauds the appearance of a squared forehead bone, which is a very masculine bone shape.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, AscendingHero, Deleted member 5393 and 1 other person

Your forehead looking more narrow isn’t always a bad thing, like for example it suits Zayn a lot because he has a short square face.

Can you show me the thread where it was said wider is better than narrow? Also, of course you don’t want your temples to be TOO narrow.

Just realised I didn’t answer your question, it essentially frames your face. Without temples your face doesn’t have an upper boundary, making it look small and bloated.

@16tyo What do you think?

This is interesting cause I have extremely good model tier temple points but m shaped hair line and tall forehead.

It looks extremely bad and I was convinced I was balding but after blasting a tonne of steroids over the past year and not losing a single hair on my head I don't think I am. I think whether your temple points are receding is a good indicator of MPB.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
This is interesting cause I have extremely good model tier temple points but m shaped hair line and tall forehead.

It looks extremely bad and I was convinced I was balding but after blasting a tonne of steroids over the past year and not losing a single hair on my head I don't think I am. I think whether your temple points are receding is a good indicator of MPB.
Yeah your last sentence is literally what I’m saying lol

Can you post a pic of just your hairline?

Surprisingly good post. I never paid attention to this. This should go in the best threads category.

Everyone talks about the hairline on top, but not this.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
18bb895de453ed816d297d8c13471933b67e893b57487006b33fe83d9ee168a6

Temporal points are life

• +1
Reactions: Jarate
This is terrible for me. I always wondered why my hairline looked so high despite only being 4 fingers high. My temporal points are high-set and wide, which is apparently "dimorphic".

Temple points are key. Its what makes pittdog stand out from the pack. its what allows people like henry cavill to get away with slight norwooding. Fuark. I was sadly born with stock nw3 temple points so was doomed from the beginning smh

• +1
Reactions: TB1997 and Deleted member 9511
This is terrible for me. I always wondered why my hairline looked so high despite only being 4 fingers high. My temporal points are high-set and wide, which is apparently "dimorphic".
Yup, whenever I shave my temples points off my forehead looks higher even though I haven’t changed that.

Inshallah I will get my temples fixed soon

They’ve essentially been nonexistent all my life damning me with this shitty forehead :rage:

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
what about chico then, is he going bald or not ?

seems to have good temple points in this pic

021ccf5d-cb9d-4d60-b577-0c238df65ee7-jpeg.2044922

Tom Welling switched to a short hairstyle because as he got older, his longer hairstyle started to look too weird. That is actually what most men do. I have noticed that medium length hair like the tiktok hairstyle works best for young men who have a baby face (look more cute than hot), and short hair with gel works best for young men who look hyper masculine (dom face) and older men in general. I didn't know this before joining this site though, I thought that short hair with gel would be best for everyone but then I discovered that Tom Welling's hairstyle when he was younger is the best look for me at my current age.
Literally learned this myself today after having lions mane long hair for 14 years.

Credit to @itis123 who provided me with the knowledge for this thread, he knows a lot about headshapes and hairlines.

The most important aspect of the hairline is:

The Temple Points.

For 2 reasons:

1. Whether you’ll go bald or not.

Every man in their lives will experience some sort of corner recession but whether you actually go bald depends on your temple points. If you naturally lose your temple points whilst receding, you will go bald so you need to do something about it (Fin, Min, Dut, Transplant, etc).

In this picture of Jon Bernthal, you can see that his corners have receded but luckily his temple points are intact:

View attachment 881237

Another example is Nikolaj Coster Waldau, he’s had the same look for decades now and won’t go bald:

View attachment 881238

2. Aesthetics

The temple points are also the most important aspect of the hairline for aesthetic purposes.

The temples are essential for framing your face and jawline, without them your face will look bloated. Brad Pitt has a high, mature hairline, without his temporal points his face would look bloated and also small:

View attachment 881264

Same here with Tom Welling, his jaw looks good and not bloated when he has hair on his temples:

View attachment 881265View attachment 881266

Temple points are much more important than the height of your hairline; look at how high Tyson Ballou’s hairline is yet his good temple points balance it out:

View attachment 881267

This article about hair transplants also stresses the importance of restoring the temples:

This is so true. Also work with henry cavill. He is obv receding but the fact that he still have temple make it look better

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223_232932_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_232932_Google.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0