The Most Sustainable Way to Moneymaxx (tried and proven by myself) (high-IQcels GTFIH)

ropeorcope

ropeorcope

Hopeless copelet
Self-teaching programming (specifically web development) is the easiest and most effective moneymaxxing method as long as you're not low-IQ and lazy.

I didn't go to university, I self-taught at home and then went through a bootcamp and got a job at a big company through them. I'm 21 years old making 160k total comp (130k is cash) and I barely work 3 hours a day (I got the job when I was 20). I owed the bootcamp 10k and have already paid it off. The bootcamp didn't teach me anything valuable, it was only useful because they have direct partnerships with technical recruiters so I got 10+ interviews right after finishing it whereas I couldn't get a single interview applying to jobs regularly with my empty resume.

University for computer science is a scam and retarded unless you're low-IQ and don't have the discipline to learn by yourself. The only real value of university is the degree which helps your resume. People who think just doing the coursework and studying for exams for their undergrad computer science degree is enough to get them a job are delusional, you will have to self-teach most of what you will use at a job regardless. The vast majority of computer science curriculums even at top universities are behind the industry by at least 5 years, you'll basically only learn some fundamentals and math which are basically only useful if you want to get into low-level system engineering or data science/AI postgrad. So regardless, you will still have to self-teach current technologies if you want a job and you'll also have to study for interviews in your own time.

Web development whether it be front-end, back-end or full-stack is your best bet for getting your foot in the door because of its lower barrier of entry and high demand. I chose full-stack (which is both back-end and front-end), it pays the most, and it makes you eligible for all 3 types of jobs which increases your chances of getting a job (if you only did front-end, you're not going to get a back-end job). Front-end is the easiest and will take less time but you will almost certainly make less than 100k on your first job.

Everything is free online or $12 on udemy, just google "[front-end/back-end/full-stack] developer roadmap" and you'll know exactly what to study and in what order. You will also need to study algorithm and data structure interview questions (literally memorize the answers and explanations to the common ones, it's hard to wing it during the interview even if you know how to solve it). Leetcode and hackerrank are good places to practice these and have real interview questions asked by recruiters, leetcode premium is worth it.

The whole process from starting to getting the job offer for me was less than 8 months but I did have some prior programming experience. I was also NEETmaxxing during this time so I had infinite free time.

Keep in mind this only works in NA where software salaries are inflated, EUcels probably won't have as much success because software engineers there get paid slave wages compared to here, and I also don't know whether companies there are moving away from degrees the same way companies here are. If you're a currycel in India then it's over and you can just forget you even saw this thread because too many people in India are programming-maxxed and willing to work for $3 an hour.

Also never forget that even if you're a moneymaxxed subhuman like myself, a Chad working at walmart will still slay more than you :lul:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: zura, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Prince88 and 54 others
Unless you show a paystub that you’re making what you claim, yore lying.

• +1
Reactions: zura, Deleted member 14392, Mastermind and 3 others
Self-teaching programming (specifically web development) is the easiest and most effective moneymaxxing method as long as you're not low-IQ and lazy.

I didn't go to university, I self-taught at home and then went through a bootcamp and got a job at a big company through them. I'm 21 years old making 160k total comp (130k is cash) and I barely work 3 hours a day (I got the job when I was 20). I owed the bootcamp 10k and have already paid it off. The bootcamp didn't teach me anything valuable, it was only useful because they have direct partnerships with technical recruiters so I got 10+ interviews right after finishing it whereas I couldn't get a single interview applying to jobs regularly with my empty resume.

University for computer science is a scam and retarded unless you're low-IQ and don't have the discipline to learn by yourself. The only real value of university is the degree which helps your resume. People who think just doing the coursework and studying for exams for their undergrad computer science degree is enough to get them a job are delusional, you will have to self-teach most of what you will use at a job regardless. The vast majority of computer science curriculums even at top universities are behind the industry by at least 5 years, you'll basically only learn some fundamentals and math which are basically only useful if you want to get into low-level system engineering or data science/AI postgrad. So regardless, you will still have to self-teach current technologies if you want a job and you'll also have to study for interviews in your own time.

Web development whether it be front-end, back-end or full-stack is your best bet for getting your foot in the door because of its lower barrier of entry and high demand. I chose full-stack (which is both back-end and front-end), it pays the most, and it makes you eligible for all 3 types of jobs which increases your chances of getting a job (if you only did front-end, you're not going to get a back-end job). Front-end is the easiest and will take less time but you will almost certainly make less than 100k on your first job.

Everything is free online or $12 on udemy, just google "[front-end/back-end/full-stack] developer roadmap" and you'll know exactly what to study and in what order. You will also need to study algorithm and data structure interview questions (literally memorize the answers and explanations to the common ones, it's hard to wing it during the interview even if you know how to solve it). Leetcode and hackerrank are good places to practice these and have real interview questions asked by recruiters, leetcode premium is worth it.

The whole process from starting to getting the job offer for me was less than 8 months but I did have some prior programming experience. I was also NEETmaxxing during this time so I had infinite free time.

Keep in mind this only works in NA where software salaries are inflated, EUcels probably won't have as much success because software engineers there get paid slave wages compared to here, and I also don't know whether companies there are moving away from degrees the same way companies here are. If you're a currycel in India then it's over and you can just forget you even saw this thread because too many people in India are programming-maxxed and willing to work for $3 an hour.

Also never forget that even if you're a moneymaxxed subhuman like myself, a Chad working at walmart will still slay more than you :lul:
High iq and high effort thread, I'm also planning on skipping uni/college and self studying coding and developing websites, You can easily make 100k+ in a few years

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16641, Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
Unless you show a paystub that you’re making what you claim, yore lying.

jfl at the fact you think I would go out of my way to lie so I can anonymously brag to strangers on a lookism forum

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: KING REIDYZ, Mr. President, adotsdot and 38 others
How are you working so little hours but getting paid so much? I'm going to school in the fall for my cybersecurity certificate and gathering knowledge on it beforehand. How does the work field look like with that job?

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss and sly shinkai
So regardless, you will still have to self-teach current technologies if you want a job and you'll also have to study for interviews in your own time.
Yep I have multiple friends who got CS degrees and still coudn't get a job, then landed a job like yours after doing a bootcamp. This post is all facts. A job w/ a salary and workload like this is not out of the question at all if you can perform well on the interviews but 90% of the people here are probably too low iq for that let's be real :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Just4Beast and Deleted member 16641
How are you working so little hours but getting paid so much? I'm going to school in the fall for my cybersecurity certificate and gathering knowledge on it beforehand. How does the work field look like with that job?
I'm getting paid for full-time but the workload on most days isn't that much so I'm able to complete all my work in a few hours. Cybersecurity is a great field and high in demand if you get into cloud security, but it is competitive so you have to stand out somehow. The certification alone won't be enough so you'll have to teach yourself more. You should also get a Kubernetes certification.

If you start a Medium blog and call yourself a security researcher and post cybersecurity related blog posts you'll stand out a lot. Also, build a reputation and make connections on hackernews, a lot of security professionals get hired through there.

Yep I have multiple friends who got CS degrees and still coudn't get a job, then landed a job like yours after doing a bootcamp. This post is all facts. A job w/ a salary and workload like this is not out of the question at all if you can perform well on the interviews but 90% of the people here are probably too low iq for that let's be real :lul:

You're right tbh ngl but honestly even if you have low-IQ you could just dedicate hours and hours to straight up memorizing the answers and explanations to all the common ones and get by. The common interview questions are all on leetcode/hackerrank and most companies don't come up with their own. In my interview, all 3 questions were from leetcode and I had already solved them before. So if you're low-IQ you just need to dedicate more time to memorizing rather than actually learning how to solve. The main problem with being low-IQ though is even if you pass the interview and get the job, depending on how retarded you are, they will eventually catch on and see that the code you write is shit and just fire you.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: SplashJuice, Just4Beast, Banderacell and 16 others
Wow fascinating. Something of value was added money section of this site. Nice. So it only costs $10,000 for these boot camps? Interesting. Is it permanently remote or do you go to some office

• +1
Reactions: adotsdot, Toth's thot, Deleted member 16641 and 6 others
Very helpful thread, especially the bit about the usefulness of bootcamps.

The whole process from starting to getting the job offer for me was less than 8 months
which websites/courses did you use? Is the Odin project enough? And did you have personal projects when you applied for your first job?

• +1
Reactions: ropeorcope and Deleted member 6128

Happy for you op. 2 years time m, should be graduating with a degree in the field. Specializing in Ai and machine learning. Couldn’t have agreed any more with what you said bro

• Love it
Reactions: ropeorcope

jfl at the fact you think I would go out of my way to lie so I can anonymously brag to strangers on a lookism forum

Web development is over saturated how tf u getting payed so high

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
  • +1
Reactions: Nautica and ropeorcope
Wow fascinating. Something of value was added money section of this site. Nice. So it only costs $10,000 for these boot camps? Interesting. Is it permanently remote or do you go to some office

Bootcamp cost will vary from bootcamp to bootcamp but it is usually around the 10k range from what I've seen. Most have a pay later model which means you don't actually pay anything upfront. If you get accepted into the bootcamp, you pay nothing (some do charge a small fee) and then only pay them if you get a job. The terms vary but usually it'll be something like "Only pay if you get a full-time software engineering job that pays more than $XXXX a year within X months of completing the program." So if you fail miserably and don't get a job at all after a year, you don't owe anything.

You need to be careful though because it is very possible to get cucked here, because even if you got a job after the bootcamp through your own connections and job applications (eg. the bootcamp didn't hook you up with it), you will still owe them the money. This happened to a friend I met in the same bootcamp cohort as me. He was retarded and didn't actually even study for interviews, so he didn't pass any of the ones that the bootcamp got him. He spent the next 5 months jobless constantly applying to jobs by himself (basically exactly where he would be if he just hadn't gone to the bootcamp in the first place), I even tried to help him by referring him at my company but he failed that interview as well :lul: Eventually he did find a shitty job which paid JUST above the minimum salary you need to make in order to owe the bootcamp, so he still had to pay them 10k and is most likely still paying it off now JFL :feelskek: So just make sure you're good and know exactly what you're doing before you even think about signing a bootcamp contract, otherwise you won't even benefit from it at all and will just be forced to pay them money for nothing even if you find a job.

Whether the job is remote or on-site will depend on the company, most tech companies now give you the option. My job is remote but if I lived in the city of our office I could go to the office if I wanted to, I have coworkers who do live near the office but still choose to work from home.
Very helpful thread, especially the bit about the usefulness of bootcamps.

which websites/courses did you use? Is the Odin project enough? And did you have personal projects when you applied for your first job?

Tbh I wasted a lot of time tutorial/course-hopping which is something you should avoid and I think is the biggest trap that most self-taught people fall into and never get out of, which is why most will never succeed. Everyone vouches for freecodecamp but the course is text-based and personally I have autism and can't learn from anything other than videos, but it might work for you. Academind has the best courses imo and if I were to start over I would only use their courses. They have loads of courses which teach all the topics you need and the nice thing is it's the same guy in every course and his teaching style stays the same, so it's just more consistent and easy to follow. When I was learning from his courses I had to buy each course separately on udemy for $12 each, but now they have a subscription on their own website which lets you pay $20 a month and get access to all of them. If you don't want to pay just look on YouTube for complete courses on certain topics (either the very long videos, or a complete playlist that goes from A to Z). Also make sure that whatever tutorial or course you're following is less than a year old, technologies change fast so you don't want to be learning the outdated way of doing things. This mainly applies to things like frameworks, with fundamentals and actual programming languages they don't change as much so you can use stuff 2-3 years old, for JavaScript just make sure it's ES6+.

I don't know much about the Odin project so I can't give you a good answer.

I did have personal projects, you should too. The courses are all project-based (eg. the course revolves around building a project) but you shouldn't become reliant on them. This is how you get stuck in tutorial-hell like so many other people, where you're unable to build anything on your own without a course holding your hand every step of the way. Building your own projects without any tutorial is the only way you will actually learn to code and also demonstrate to recruiters that you know how to code You don't need more than 3 good projects in your portfolio, and by "good" I mean something relatively complex that shows that you know what you're doing, not a todo-list app or basic calculator. For full-stack this would mean an app that includes authentication and a database. You should also have the code on your GitHub, and the project itself should be hosted somewhere and accessible for someone to try. For front-end this is easy because you can use GitHub Pages to host it for free, for back-end you'll need to actually get a server to run your backend on, you can do this with AWS/GCP or just use Heroku which is a lot simpler. If you are doing back-end only though it's hard to actually have good projects to put in your portfolio because you can't really display them in a user-friendly way that the evaluator can test, unless you learn at least some front-end.

Web development is over saturated how tf u getting payed so high

This is actually a common myth. There is actually a SHORTAGE of good web developers. People think it's saturated because everybody is trying to get into it, but the vast majority of those people are retarded and will never actually be able to write quality code on their own. They all make the same mistake of completing 50 different courses without ever actually trying to build something on their own (which is the way you actually learn). Literally everyone can follow a course, the instructor is legit telling you what to do jfl. You learn by figuring things out on your own (not entirely on your own, you'll obviously need to google things every time, but without the guidance and direction that a course gives you). This is why if you look at so many of these self-taught web developers' portfolios, all their projects are projects ripped straight from popular courses, they didn't build them on their own, they just had their hand held the entire time by the course instructor who is the one who actually built the project. There are thousands of these people but companies don't want any of them.

Another thing is salaries vary greatly from company to company, sector to sector, and location to location. A fintech company in SF or NYC will pay a web developer way more than a regional grocery store chain company would, even if it's for the exact same role on paper.

This also brings me to another crucial tip I forgot to include in the original post: Don't accept the first offer you get. If you pass a company's interviews and get a job offer but you have other interviews from other companies lined up, wait until you complete all of them before deciding. Most companies will give you at least a couple of weeks to make a decision. I had 14 interviews in less than 3 weeks but only 3 resulted in job offers. I really wanted to accept the first job offer I got (I almost did because I was so excited since I was a 20 year old NEET who just received an 80k job offer, but my high-IQ dad told me to wait until I finish all my interviews). The second and third offers both paid more than the first (I ended up accepting the second). I would be making almost HALF of what I make currently if I had accepted the first :lul: With that being said, also don't be retarded and greedy and reject every offer thinking that you'll later get more interviews and pass them and get better offers. Always settle for whichever is the best available option. You can always start applying to other companies while working the job you accepted if you're not happy with it, but it will always be better than nothing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mr. President, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Prince88 and 12 others
What language

• +1
Reactions: adotsdot and evkins23
What language
Mainly JavaScript/TypeScript (+ HTML & CSS) alongside frameworks like React, Next, and Express. Also PostgreSQL.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr, randomuser2407, Deleted member 16970 and 2 others
Cool man. Do you want to borrow me, like, 10k $?
I need to moneymax and then looksmax.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Banderacell, Deleted member 3828, randomuser2407 and 1 other person
Great thread. The more you learn, the more you earn. Fuck working in a warehouse or going to college, I'ma do this instead.

• +1
Reactions: Prince88, Yerico7, Mewton and 1 other person

first person ive seen actually post proof of funds

good job on actually practicing what you preach, unlike 99% of retards in this section

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Mr. President, Deleted member 16641, Yerico7 and 9 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Patient A, fjor2096 and 2 others
Good thread
Most definitely will not work in the EU

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 3828, UnluckyRedSmith and 3 others

How long did this take you to do? Im trademaxxing atm but I know it won't be enough money to do steroids or move out somewhere better than the shithole I live in. I am only trademaxxing bc I enjoy doing it.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
which one is the best from Udemy would you say ,I'm thinking of buying one right now

Where tf you working at ???? I wanna make 160k a year

Im very Good at what i do and learn fast af. Also fullstack but still studying. What stack you on? And can i work internationally ?

I guess this is good for someone but not me.

How long did this take you to do? Im trademaxxing atm but I know it won't be enough money to do steroids or move out somewhere better than the shithole I live in. I am only trademaxxing bc I enjoy doing it.
~8 months of focused study, I had prior programming experience and I was a NEET so I had a lot of time and no other responsibilities. Could take anyone more or less than that depending on their IQ, previous programming experience, self-discipline, and time available to work on it. If I had to guess the average range of time it took others who did the same thing as me I would say 8-14 months.
which one is the best from Udemy would you say ,I'm thinking of buying one right now
There's not one course that will teach you everything. You have to go step by step and learn each language/topic/framework on its own. Take a course for HTML + CSS, a course for JavaScript, a course for React/Angular/Vue, etc. Stay away from courses that claim to teach everything in a single course, they will be shit and you will learn nothing.

Check out Academind's courses, they're on udemy as well but I recommend just getting the $20 membership on their own site. Start by learning HTML on YouTube, you can learn it in a day, probably any tutorial is fine. Then use Academind for everything else (CSS, JavaScript, React/Angular/Vue etc.). Before you even do anything, find a good roadmap and stick to it, it gives you guidance and keeps you on track and will save you from wasting time doing useless shit. It'll tell you exactly what to learn and in which order, then you can just find courses that teach those things. Also don't rely on courses too much, they're there to give you some guidance and basic knowledge, but the real learning is done when you try to build things on your own and figure it out along the way.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 16641, giving120everyday and 2 others
Where tf you working at ???? I wanna make 160k a year

Im very Good at what i do and learn fast af. Also fullstack but still studying. What stack you on? And can i work internationally ?
I'm not gonna reveal my employer jfl but it's a relatively big financial services company based in the US, you have probably heard of it if you're American.

My work is mostly MERN along with Gatsby.

You can with some companies, but most companies that hire internationally have location-based salary adjustments anyways, so they pay their foreign employees based on the salaries around their location. They're not gonna pay an NYC employee the same as a currycel employee in Kolkata India :lul: Even I get paid less than I would if I lived in my company's city. I don't think bootcamps are an option if you are international though, so this plan probably won't work anyways.

• +1
Reactions: one job away
I'm not gonna reveal my employer jfl but it's a relatively big financial services company based in the US, you have probably heard of it if you're American.

My work is mostly MERN along with Gatsby.

You can with some companies, but most companies that hire internationally have location-based salary adjustments anyways, so they pay their foreign employees based on the salaries around their location. They're not gonna pay an NYC employee the same as a currycel employee in Kolkata India :lul: Even I get paid less than I would if I lived in my company's city. I don't think bootcamps are an option if you are international though, so this plan probably won't work anyways.
Nah I don’t need bootcamps

Im already working as a full stack developer for a company but they pay shit compared to yours. Mostly cuz I’m just a student but even if I was fully working for them I wouldn’t even get half.

Im working spring angular node or whatever backend they need and tons of DBs whatever is required. Also doing shit ton of dev ops for them and overlooking servers. I’m getting paid shit for all the work I do. Mirin your paycheck hard.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ropeorcope
Good thread
Most definitely will not work in the EU
Then cry that you weren't born in the best nation in the world. It's not ops fault you were born in some shit hole in Europe. Tired of seeing these eurodogs on here.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 16641, Tallooksmaxxer and 2 others
~8 months of focused study, I had prior programming experience and I was a NEET so I had a lot of time and no other responsibilities. Could take anyone more or less than that depending on their IQ, previous programming experience, self-discipline, and time available to work on it. If I had to guess the average range of time it took others who did the same thing as me I would say 8-14 months.
So the bootcamp you used was udemy, right? I think I might try this and see if I can get hired at a firm in NYC (since they are legally required by state to show salary ranges) and then seamaxx somewhere and live like a king. Finally some fucking motivation to do something

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
So the bootcamp you used was udemy, right? I think I might try this and see if I can get hired at a firm in NYC (since they are legally required by state to show salary ranges) and then seamaxx somewhere and live like a king. Finally some fucking motivation to do something
No, udemy is just a website where people sell courses, it's not a bootcamp. Also, you most likely won't be ably to seamaxx and live like a king because most companies have location-based salary adjustments. If you move to SEA and work remote (assuming they even allow you to), you will get paid a lot less than if you stayed in NYC.

No, udemy is just a website where people sell courses, it's not a bootcamp. Also, you most likely won't be ably to seamaxx and live like a king because most companies have location-based salary adjustments. If you move to SEA and work remote (assuming they even allow you to), you will get paid a lot less than if you stayed in NYC.
Oh I misread your statement then. I live in a broke state so i probably wouldn't even get paid NYC rates unfortunately. What bootcamp should i use then if want to do full-stack?

Oh I misread your statement then. I live in a broke state so i probably wouldn't even get paid NYC rates unfortunately. What bootcamp should i use then if want to do full-stack?
Broke state rates as long as you're still in NA will still be pretty good, wouldn't be less than 75% of the main NYC salary. For bootcamp just find one close enough to you that's popular enough. The more established and popular the bootcamp, the better, because they are usually the ones with the most connections to recruiters, even if the quality of the bootcamp program itself is shit. Remember that the value of the bootcamp is the number of interviews they help you get rather than the material they teach you during. Ideally you should already have mastered everything they teach you during the bootcamp before you even sign up for it. The people who will fail and get cucked (like the guy I mentioned) are the ones who sign up for the bootcamp thinking it will both teach them how to code as well as get them a job in 12 weeks. That's how the bootcamps market themselves but it's bullshit, the people who succeed are the ones who were job ready before they even joined the bootcamp.

Last edited:
I don't think I am smart enough for this

Im already working as a full stack developer for a company but they pay shit compared to yours. Mostly cuz I’m just a student but even if I was fully working for them I wouldn’t even get half.

Im working spring angular node or whatever backend they need and tons of DBs whatever is required. Also doing shit ton of dev ops for them and overlooking servers. I’m getting paid shit for all the work I do. Mirin your paycheck hard.
What's your IQ btw? I am guessing 130ish.

Same. I work with the exact same tech stack as you and get paid shit. Might be worth it to go to a bootcamp with connections and get a high paying job.

Tuff there were some free courses during Black Friday and cyber monday

• +1
Reactions: Laikyn
Same. I work with the exact same tech stack as you and get paid shit. Might be worth it to go to a bootcamp with connections and get a high paying job.
Define shit. Imo where I live 60k usd is a good salary for an entry level dev.

@ropeorcope how much do you think Id get salary wise working in the UK?

@ropeorcope how much do you think Id get salary wise working in the UK?
Depends on your experience tbh. Grad roles in London are usually 25-35K. Outside london, 18-24.

Depends on your experience tbh. Grad roles in London are usually 25-35K. Outside london, 18-24.
that’s fucking ropefuel

How is OP earning 160k in NA?

I’m in London let’s say I go thru with all that and succeed in the interviews

How much do I expect to make? @ropeorcope

• JFL
Reactions: UglyGod360
that’s fucking ropefuel

How is OP earning 160k in NA?

I’m in London let’s say I go thru with all that and succeed in the interviews

How much do I expect to make? @ropeorcope
Work at Amazon bitch

Regarding the "low iq"
How would you determine if someone is able to repeat your success?

• +1
Reactions: Nautica and Deleted member
Regarding the "low iq"
How would you determine if someone is able to repeat your success?
Oh. You probably need 115 IQ minimum. It's over for lowIQcels.

Last edited: