The movies I had watched that just blew my mind (part 2)

Dr. Mog

Dr. Mog

Researcher at moggerdom and zoomerology
Part 1 of this thread-
Thread 'The movies I had watched recently that just blew my mind. (With spoiler free reviews)'
https://looksmax.org/threads/the-mo...lew-my-mind-with-spoiler-free-reviews.735560/

Awakenings
IMG 1014

I specifically tuned into this series as it appeared to be in sync with my prospective career, and the character's disposition resonated with the earlier iteration of myself. This film elucidates that the pursuit of a "cure" may not invariably represent the optimal choice, given the myriad intricacies that could potentially exacerbate the situation.

Inglourious basterds

IMG 1020

A mogger show. I thoroughly adored the formidable antagonist, General Christoph Waltz, his genuine motivations, and his remarkable adeptness in managing the predicaments that mog the shit out of Brad Pitt innit

Taxi driver

IMG 1018

The perfect incel movie till date that existed way before the incel manosphere. This classic film eloquently illustrates the profound connection between masculinity and solitude, revealing how it can lead individuals down perilous paths of contemplation and action. What sets this movie apart from the incel narrative is that the protagonist endeavors to engage in criminal acts for the betterment of society, a departure from the prevailing incel mindset.

@the BULL @Blackgymmax @Amnesia @averagejoe

Whiplash
IMG 1017

watched this under the recommendation of @IncelBully on my previous thread. An outstandingly amazing psychologically manipulative thrilling drama. The mental plot twists on this are crazy. This demonstrates that the psychological bond between a proficient teacher and a motivated student forges a connection that transcends mere surface interactions.

Memento

IMG 1013

Watched under the recommendation of @howtoloooksmax? on my previous thread. "Memento" masterfully employs reverse chronology, creating a narrative so intricately structured that it compels you to intellectually engage with its complexity. This film wields a profound influence, fundamentally altering your cinematic perspective. In a landscape where originality in thriller movies may seem scarce, "Memento" shatters those preconceptions. I beg you to forget the reviews and just blindly watch it till the end in one sitting. Nothing has blew my mind more than this yet.

The lighthouse

IMG 1021

I’ve placed this under runner up cause I genuinely find it undermining to determine its exact position in the list. For some weird reason I was laughing while the show was going on and I was only scared after it ended and I thought about it. The black and white cinematography and the timeline is seen to be all well planned and intentional for the viewer‘s comprehension obscurity. Most film critics, review this relating itself to Greek mythology. For someone like myself, with limited knowledge about Greek mythology, I interpreted the film's message as a warning that seeking and encountering something beyond one's deserving could result in dire consequences, possibly even death.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 5.5psl, chosen-one and Marsik
I never understood taxi driver's ending

IMDb tier list ngl

but more people should see awakening

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
I never understood taxi driver's ending
It’s a loop. He returns back to his old life the same way he was, but this time he is a changed man. He finally accepts the person he is and doesn't try to change in order to attain Betsy's love, because he knows that it would never work out. Deep down he knows that he has problems, and instead of trying to hide them, he accepts his fate as God's lonely man.

Brilliant ending.

• +1
Reactions: bndar.337, FutureSlayer and Deleted member 32968
@5.5psl @chrisN @looksmidder @LowTrust @Anchor_Ship @Foreverbrad @ryangoslinglover377 @LiterallyNightwing @LiteralCaucasian @Posmo @JohnDoe
@forevermirin @justinzayn @BrahminBoss

• +1
Reactions: chrisN and 5.5psl
Part 1 of this thread-
Thread 'The movies I had watched recently that just blew my mind. (With spoiler free reviews)'
https://looksmax.org/threads/the-mo...lew-my-mind-with-spoiler-free-reviews.735560/

Awakenings
View attachment 2433187
I specifically tuned into this series as it appeared to be in sync with my prospective career, and the character's disposition resonated with the earlier iteration of myself. This film elucidates that the pursuit of a "cure" may not invariably represent the optimal choice, given the myriad intricacies that could potentially exacerbate the situation.

Inglourious basterds

View attachment 2433200
A mogger show. I thoroughly adored the formidable antagonist, General Christoph Waltz, his genuine motivations, and his remarkable adeptness in managing the predicaments that mog the shit out of Brad Pitt innit

Taxi driver

View attachment 2433224

The perfect incel movie till date that existed way before the incel manosphere. This classic film eloquently illustrates the profound connection between masculinity and solitude, revealing how it can lead individuals down perilous paths of contemplation and action. What sets this movie apart from the incel narrative is that the protagonist endeavors to engage in criminal acts for the betterment of society, a departure from the prevailing incel mindset.

Whiplash
View attachment 2433225

watched this under the recommendation of @IncelBully on my previous thread. An outstandingly amazing psychologically manipulative thrilling drama. The mental plot twists on this are crazy. This demonstrates that the psychological bond between a proficient teacher and a motivated student forges a connection that transcends mere surface interactions.

Memento

View attachment 2433256

Watched under the recommendation of @howtoloooksmax? on my previous thread. "Memento" masterfully employs reverse chronology, creating a narrative so intricately structured that it compels you to intellectually engage with its complexity. This film wields a profound influence, fundamentally altering your cinematic perspective. In a landscape where originality in thriller movies may seem scarce, "Memento" shatters those preconceptions. I beg you to forget the reviews and just blindly watch it till the end in one sitting. Nothing has blew my mind more than this yet.

The lighthouse

View attachment 2433261

I’ve placed this under runner up cause I genuinely find it undermining to determine its exact position in the list. For some weird reason I was laughing while the show was going on and I was only scared after it ended and I thought about it. The black and white cinematography and the timeline is seen to be all well planned and intentional for the viewer‘s comprehension obscurity. Most film critics, review this relating itself to Greek mythology. For someone like myself, with limited knowledge about Greek mythology, I interpreted the film's message as a warning that seeking and encountering something beyond one's deserving could result in dire consequences, possibly even death.
The perfect incel movie now is Joker. Its even ascended to a level that even redpilled normies won't try to idolise it like they do with Fight Club and Taxi driver. There's a reason the media panicked over Joker. I'm surprised such a thing even came out of Hollywood.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, FutureSlayer, Anchor_Ship and 2 others
Part 1 of this thread-

Awakenings
View attachment 2433187

Inglourious basterds

View attachment 2433200

Taxi driver

View attachment 2433224

Whiplash
View attachment 2433225

Memento

View attachment 2433256

The lighthouse

View attachment 2433261

My favorite movies ever . Good taste

• +1
Reactions: Dr. Mog
Commenting my opinion on the ones I watched:
Inglorious bastard - holy fuck that opening scene is so good
taxi driver - good music. cool vibes, good story appealing to people like us
Whiplash - watched over 5 times, extremely good movie ending is wholesome 100
memento - disappointing tbh Ive watched every christopher nolan movie (hence my username) I went into it with big expectations but it tried too hard, ended up getting to the point where the plot started to become annoying to follow and wasnt even that good

A few months ago I watched succession OP if you havent watched it you should. Its 4 seasons and heavy dialogue orientated but its so fucking good it rivals breaking bads level of quality

• Woah
A few months ago I watched succession OP if you havent watched it you should. Its 4 seasons and heavy dialogue orientated but its so fucking good it rivals breaking bads level of quality
The fact that you mentioned succession the same day I was heavily review researching on it and already finished watching the first episode makes it such a coincidence. I also watched the first episode of “the wire” so that I could decide which series to continue watching atm.

I hope succession gets better by plot in the following episodes and seasons tho. Just the first episode didn’t make an huge effort in my excitement.

The fact that you mentioned succession the same day I was heavily review researching on it and already finished watching the first episode makes it such a coincidence. I also watched the first episode of “the wire” so that I could decide which series to continue watching atm.

I hope succession gets better by plot in the following episodes and seasons tho. Just the first episode didn’t make an huge effort in my excitement.
trust me it does, I agree you may find the opening episodes slow (kinda like BB) but its just so fucking good

• +1
Movies are kinda boring, I only watch like 2-3 a year, the 2 years prior to this I watched 0 movies, now it's even harder to watch them since most movies are played by real actors and now that I'm blackpilled about aging I can see how deformed the actors are and spend the entire time being disgusted watching the emaciated face of some hag with facial fat loss or some collangenless wrinkly cuck with crow feet, fucking disgusting.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155
OP watch whatever 1999 and stay 2005 rn

• +1
Movies are kinda boring, I only watch like 2-3 a year, the 2 years prior to this I watched 0 movies, now it's even harder to watch them since most movies are played by real actors and now that I'm blackpilled about aging I can see how deformed the actors are and spend the entire time being disgusted watching the emaciated face of some hag with facial fat loss or some collangenless wrinkly cuck with crow feet, fucking disgusting.
why do old people stink

• JFL
Reactions: Splinter901
why do old people stink

I dunno tbh, the really old ones +78 yo for some reason sometimes have this particular smell I can only describe as "old people smell", it must be some product they use like something related to diapers and stuff or some other thing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155
I dunno tbh, the really old ones +78 yo for some reason sometimes have this particular smell I can only describe as "old people smell", it must be some product they use like something related to diapers and stuff or some other thing.
how are they alive at this point
crippled, stinking, dementia and irrelevant
god i love being 17

Last edited:
ahaha pathetic list