The nuances behind the ideal eye area and why hunter eyes aren't necessarily ideal for top appeal

EverythingMattersCel

EverythingMattersCel

AGI by 2025
For context, I am reposting a comment because here I think it's worthy of its own thread. Late 2020 there was a big discussion on the ideal eye area. It felt like a big turning point in the way we discuss eye aesthetics here. The uncanny Jordan Barett-tier alien eye area was rightly being called out. There was a user (can't remember his name) that was trying to change the prevailing view... stating that "hunter eyes were a meme" and that most models had "gay alien" eyes. Make no mistake, he's right in some respects but I don't support his view completely.

See my analysis below on the ideal "hunter eye" area and how I believe it's connected to facial aesthetics + irl appeal.

My original comment quoting the OP:
Then go out and observe better. Youre probably making the same mistake as low IQ bluepilled normies. Even with all these models, there are a handful of MM who have legit hunter eyes, and heres you coping with "MUH legit hunter eyes are 1 in 100..." JFL.

A person with giga low set eyebrows and browbone is like 1 in several thousand. Then there is the eye shape that could still be too round, that guy could still have neutral canthal tilt or negative etc...

Show me pictures of hunter eyes on non Models or celebrities that we all know. Show me pictures from normal users who legit have hunter eyes without squinting like retards and pulling their eyebrows down intentionally with their facial expression.

Out of all mewing pictures Ive seen so far, only Salludon has legit hunter eyes.

Most of those guys have round orbitals and shit PFL. Long PFL and downturned medial canthus seem to be rarer than hooding. Hooding can depend on pheno also:

This guy looks Finnish. A lot of people with his pheno have hooded eyes but shit browridge and/or lacking in other areas. In his case medium set supraorbitals and shit browridge.

In his case

He has good PFL but shit PFL - PFH ratio. Orbitals are still too rounded.

This guy should be self-explanatory... rounded orbitals, shit PFL, UEE

This guy got a bit of UEE, medium set supraorbitals.

Basically, there are some prerequisites for the perfect hunter eyes. Note I say perfect because what an autist here or a normie might consider being hunter eyes won't cater for everything.

I'm ranking traits by rarity:

Very Rare:
- Downturned medial canthus (The rarest and most dimorphic trait on the eye area - think Andreas Eriksen. Not even O'Pry has a downturned medial canthus. Look at every DOM morph and there is always a downturned medial canthus).

- Forward grown infraorbitals. Very rare to see good infraorbitals. For example, on European caucaosoid phenotypes practically 99% of the population has recessed infraorbitals.

- Exceptional eye colour. Think anything with good contrast between limbal ring and iris. A10 (icy blue) on the eye colouring chart or very light green.

Rare:
- Long PFL
- No UEE - (i.e. hooding)
- Good PFL - PFH ratio
- Lowset supraorbital
- Deepset eyes - strong browridge
- Good undereye support - often overlooked and rare. Often recessed infraorbitals can lead to bad undereye support. Not 100% of the time though.
- Good eye colour (basically light eyes with decent contrast. Nothing outstanding).

Uncommon:
- Positive orbital vector
- Thick eyebrows + density
- Positively tilted eyebrows
- Lowset eyebrows (Again seems to be dependent on pheno. Med phenotypes for example tend to have lowset eyebrows. It goes hand-in-hand with lowset supraorbitals).
- Thick eyelashes + density

Cannot have:
- Scleral show
- Any kind of dark circles
- Nasojugal folds. Connects to the eye area and indirectly ends up impacting the aesthetics so including this here.
- Bad IPD. No cyclops-tier IPD and no hammerhead shark-tier IPD.
- Negative canthal tilt (I don't believe canthal tilt is a deathly failo for an eye area. In regards to the hunter eyes meme, it's impossible to have hunter eyes with an N tilt).

Bonuses/Other features:
- Aegyo sal. Not necessary for the perfect eye area. Very rare - think Lachowski but I haven't included it as a prerequisite.

I probably missed some stuff but you get the point. I don't even know if a single male model would fit all of the criteria. Also, if you were to morph all of these features onto a person it would likely end up looking uncanny. I don't even know tbh... shit's complicated. We also have to consider how features are interconnected. For example, there is a positive correlation between IPD and PFL. This is because wider FACES (bigger FWHR; think high prenatal testosterone exposure), leads to wider everything (wider nasal bridge, higher IPD and and higher PFL). A PFL mogger is more likely to have a wider IPD which can make them look uncanny. Nearly all male models with "hunter eyes" have above average IPD, but not to the point that it looks uncanny. You get the point though... and you can easily see how a potential "hunter eye" mogger can end up looking like a hammerhead shark.

The debate on ratios brings me to my next point. It's about how well the eye area harmonises with the rest of the FACE. That's why some autists get too obsessed with the hunter eyes meme. Some of the best eye areas are almond-shaped with some UEE but have other redeeming features like good eye colour + long PFL + undereye support.

It's also about appealing to averages. By normie standards, an eye area with almond shape and good colouring has way more appeal relative to a hunter eye area like De Poot. Sure, De Poot looks exotic and easily lands a job on the runway, but his extreme PCT + long PFL only have niche appeal in the sexual market. Nonetheless, it is a form of appeal and we can mire his aesthetics.

tl;dr You're right OP. Very few people in the world have "true" hunter eyes if we go by the stringent criteria above. However, hunter eyes don't necessarily equate to 99 percentile appeal. Having dimorphic eyes will likely give you an "exotic" eye area that is likely to be above average appeal. We can't doubt that. Do the best eye areas in the world have true hunter eyes? It's questionable and a complicated topic.

Attachments

• 1622248889330.png
    1622248889330.png
    566.4 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: greywind, sportsmogger, Deleted member 31497 and 27 others
For context, I am reposting a comment because here I think it's worthy of its own thread. Late 2020 there was a big discussion on the ideal eye area. It felt like a big turning point in the way we discuss eye aesthetics here. The uncanny Jordan Barett-tier alien eye area was rightly being called out. There was a user (can't remember his name) that was trying to change the prevailing view... stating that "hunter eyes were a meme" and that most models had "gay alien" eyes. Make no mistake, he's right in some respects but I don't support his view completely.

See my analysis below on the ideal "hunter eye" area and how I believe it's connected to facial aesthetics + irl appeal.

Most of those guys have round orbitals and shit PFL. Long PFL and downturned medial canthus seem to be rarer than hooding. Hooding can depend on pheno also:

View attachment 1154174

This guy looks Finnish. A lot of people with his pheno have hooded eyes but shit browridge and/or lacking in other areas. In his case medium set supraorbitals and shit browridge.

In his case

View attachment 1154175

View attachment 1154177

View attachment 1154179

Basically, there are some prerequisites for the perfect hunter eyes. Note I say perfect because what an autist here or a normie might consider being hunter eyes won't cater for everything.

Very Rare:
- Downturned medial canthus (The rarest and most dimorphic trait on the eye area - think Andreas Eriksen. Not even O'Pry has a downturned medial canthus. Look at every DOM morph and there is always a downturned medial canthus).

- Forward grown infraorbitals. Very rare to see good infraorbitals. For example, on European caucaosoid phenotypes practically 99% of the population has recessed infraorbitals.

- Exceptional eye colour. Think anything with good contrast between limbal ring and iris. A10 (icy blue) on the eye colouring chart or very light green.

Rare:
- Long PFL
- Good PFL - PFH ratio
- Lowset supraorbital
- Good undereye support - often overlooked and rare. Often recessed infraorbitals can lead to bad undereye support. Not 100% of the time though.
- Good eye colour (basically light eyes with decent contrast. Nothing outstanding).

Uncommon:
- Lowset eyebrows (Again seems to be dependent on pheno. Med phenotypes for example tend to have lowset eyebrows. It goes hand-in-hand with lowset supraorbitals).

Cannot have:
- Scleral show
- Nasojugal folds. Connects to the eye area and indirectly ends up impacting the aesthetics so including this here.
- Negative canthal tilt (I don't believe canthal tilt is a deathly failo for an eye area. In regards to the hunter eyes meme, it's impossible to have hunter eyes with an N tilt).

Bonuses/Other features:
- Aegyo sal. Not necessary for the perfect eye area. Very rare - think Lachowski but I haven't included it as a prerequisite.

I probably missed some stuff but you get the point. I don't even know if a single male model would fit all of the criteria. Also, if you were to morph all of these features onto a person it would likely end up looking uncanny. I don't even know tbh... shit's complicated. We also have to consider how features are interconnected. For example, there is a positive correlation between IPD and PFL. This is because wider FACES (bigger FWHR; think high prenatal testosterone exposure), leads to wider everything (wider nasal bridge, higher IPD and and higher PFL). A PFL mogger is more likely to have a wider IPD which can make them look uncanny. Nearly all male models with "hunter eyes" have above average IPD, but not to the point that it looks uncanny. You get the point though... and you can easily see how a potential "hunter eye" mogger can end up looking like a hammerhead shark.

The debate on ratios brings me to my next point. It's about how well the eye area harmonises with the rest of the FACE. That's why some autists get too obsessed with the hunter eyes meme. Some of the best eye areas are almond-shaped with some UEE but have other redeeming features like good eye colour + long PFL + undereye support.

It's also about appealing to averages. By normie standards, an eye area with almond shape and good colouring has way more appeal relative to a hunter eye area like De Poot. Sure, De Poot looks exotic and easily lands a job on the runway, but his extreme PCT + long PFL only have niche appeal in the sexual market. Nonetheless, it is a form of appeal and we can mire his aesthetics.

tl;dr You're right OP. Very few people in the world have "true" hunter eyes if we go by the stringent criteria above. However, hunter eyes don't necessarily equate to 99 percentile appeal. Having dimorphic eyes will likely give you an "exotic" eye area that is likely to be above average appeal. We can't doubt that. Do the best eye areas in the world have true hunter eyes? It's questionable and a complicated topic.
@EverythingMattersCel is likely the only user who has more nuance than me

• Woah
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
Mirin this PhD thesis that contributes nothing new in eye area knowledge

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: sportsmogger, Deleted member 2729, Deleted member 8869 and 19 others
@EverythingMattersCel is likely the only user who has more nuance than me

Black and white thinking is everything wrong with this forum. Nothing is set in stone, especially when it comes to sexual preferences. I fall victim to it a lot with the chinpill and NTpill. Sometimes I have to go outside and be introspective enough to realise my own confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance from staying in the basement too long.

• Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Deleted member and Deleted member 3270
Black and white thinking is everything wrong with this forum. Nothing is set in stone, especially when it comes to sexual preferences. I fall victim to it a lot with the chinpill and NTpill. Sometimes I have to go outside and be introspective enough to realise my own confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance from staying in the basement too long.
True ngl. this site right now needs to stop saying that anything that cites common sense is bluepilled lol and also to look further within and challenge their own current thoughts

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife
i thought u left before though bruv

David Gandy & Atesh Salih have a lot of these.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, mulattomaxxer, 5'8manlet and 4 others
At what measurement does IPD become hammer head shark?

Less than 800 words. I'm just saying some aspies take the hunter eyes meme too seriously. There's nothing more to cover in eye area knowledge that hasn't been rehashed for the 10000th time. I'm saying that no one here is looking at the bigger picture. Like how are all of these features interconnected by pheno, genetic influences and hormonal profile? What does it mean for foid preferences? I'm trying not to sound abstract here... but no here should be aspiring for the wrong thing. Some tards here with average eyes have probably fallen for the alien eye meme and will get orbital decompression, canthoplasty and blepharoplasty to end up looking like an uncanny mess.

• +1
Reactions: Smuuu, mulattomaxxer, AscendingHero and 1 other person
i thought u left before though bruv
Yh, I left and I have been social-maxxing lately. I have some new perspectives. Idk when I will leave permanently... probably once I lose KHV status.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and oatmeal
What would you say are ideal eye for a asian?

What would you say are ideal eye for a asian?

Long PFL, medium set eyebrows that are decently thick + density + well groomed, thick eyelashes, no monolid and aegyo sal. Strong browridge would be a bonus because it's so rare in most asian phenos.

Something like this is good

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne, AscendingHero, Deleted member 9344 and 1 other person
Eyebrows make up 70% of the eye area aesthetics imo. Long low set straight dark and positively tilted eyebrows are very rare and an insane halo

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, FreakkForLife, AscendingHero and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Eyebrows make up 70% of the eye area aesthetics imo. Long low set straight dark and positively tilted eyebrows are very rare and an insane halo

I have arched positive tilt eyebrows like jason momoa and Ian smolderhandler is that bad?

• +1
Reactions: Squirtle
Yes a hapa simonas pham
Yh, I was talking purely asian pheno. Only central asian phenos can have those kinds of features due to Eurasian admixture. Even then, it's rare asf. Kpop-maxxing is probably most realistic beauty standard for Asians. It's also easier for an oriental to ascend his eye area through soft-maxxing than some bug-eyed caucasoid needing every surgery under the sun to get hunter eyes. Obviously, we are comparing apples to oranges though.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, oatmeal and Squirtle
I have arched positive tilt eyebrows like jason momoa and Ian smolderhandler is that bad?
Arched but straight at the ends towards the center then its good

• +1
Reactions: Phillybeard1996
Yh, I was talking purely asian pheno. Only central asian phenos can have those kinds of features due to Eurasian admixture. Even then, it's rare asf. Kpop-maxxing is probably most realistic beauty standard for Asians. It's also easier for an oriental to ascend his eye area through soft-maxxing than some bug-eyed caucasoid needing every surgery under the sun to get hunter eyes. Obviously, we are comparing apples to oranges though.
The thing is tho most ethnics have shallow set eyes and weak orbitals with lack of soft tissues..This is why most curries,sands and blacks have bug eyes

Last edited:
  • +1
The thing is tho most ethnics have shallow set eyes and weak orbitals with lack of soft tissues surrounding it .This is why most curries,sands and blacks have bug eyes
what about latinos?

View attachment 1154254

In his case

View attachment 1154256

View attachment 1154257

View attachment 1154263

Very Rare:

Rare:
- Long PFL
- Good PFL - PFH ratio
- Lowset supraorbital

Uncommon:

Cannot have:
- Scleral show

Bonuses/Other features:

I mean if you are a manlet balding ogre with half a face and missing both arms and legs but have hunter eyes, does it mean you ascend? no.

There was a user (can't remember his name) that was trying to change the prevailing view... stating that "hunter eyes were a meme" and that most models had "gay alien" eyes.
Me or @Taylorswift tbh

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel

View attachment 1154254

In his case

View attachment 1154256

View attachment 1154257

View attachment 1154263

Very Rare:

Rare:
- Long PFL
- Good PFL - PFH ratio
- Lowset supraorbital

Uncommon:

Cannot have:
- Scleral show

Bonuses/Other features:

over for gandy and his negative vector + dark circles then

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
over for gandy and his negative vector + dark circles then

No male model has an eye area with 0 flaws. The perfect eye area doesn't exist.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Erik-Jón
Very high iq thread OP, mirin @EverythingMattersCel

A few questions

1)
Think anything with good contrast between limbal ring and iris. A10 (icy blue) on the eye colouring chart or very light green.
Wdym anything with a good limbal ring and iris contrast, can u post an example

Is this possible with darker eye colors like light brown/hazel/amber?

2)
Are these a halo? Would they improve any eye area if one has very grown infraorbitals or no?

And lastly what's the difference between thick and dense eyebrows?

Very rare - Downturned medial canthus (The rarest and most dimorphic trait on the eye area - think Andreas Eriksen. Not even O'Pry has a downturned medial canthus. Look at every DOM morph and there is always a downturned medial canthus).
How? plenty of people have this

How? plenty of people have this
No they don't. A proper downturned medial canthus is more common amongst foids because lower nasal bridges. It also makes the orbitals appear bigger so having a vertically narrow eye without squinching + very downturned medial canthus is extremely rare.

f

View attachment 1154254

In his case

View attachment 1154256

View attachment 1154257

View attachment 1154263

Very Rare:

Rare:
- Long PFL
- Good PFL - PFH ratio
- Lowset supraorbital

Uncommon:

Cannot have:
- Scleral show

Bonuses/Other features:

full on hunter eyes are unideal imo but hunter-ISH eyes are perfect, like if the eyes are sharp but not fully hooded

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife and Danish_Retard

View attachment 1154254

In his case

View attachment 1154256

View attachment 1154257

View attachment 1154263

Very Rare:

Rare:
- Long PFL
- Good PFL - PFH ratio
- Lowset supraorbital

Uncommon:

Cannot have:
- Scleral show

Bonuses/Other features:

Good point. Because you could make the argument that having eyes that are too hooded could make you look asian. Because both shapes have similar fat deposit positioning.

A few questions

1)

2)

Are these a halo? Would they improve any eye area if one has very grown infraorbitals or no?

@EverythingMattersCel bro pls reply

A few questions

1)

2)

1) Ian Somerhalder a good example

Thick black ring, contrasting with his light eyes. Any eye colour can come with a thick limbal ring, but it looks most striking with blue.

2) Forward grown infraorbitals are mostly for creating more undereye support and ageing better in the longer term. Not really so much of a halo, although the bone mass can look dimorphic.

3) Dense eyebrows vs thick eyebrows

vs

Eyebrows can be thick but sparse. The ideal is eyebrows that are both thick and dense.

Attachments

• 1625949139742.png
    1625949139742.png
    536 KB · Views: 475
  • +1
1) Ian Somerhalder a good example

View attachment 1218892

View attachment 1218894

Thick black ring, contrasting with his light eyes. Any eye colour can come with a thick limbal ring, but it looks most striking with blue.

2) Forward grown infraorbitals are mostly for creating more undereye support and ageing better in the longer term. Not really so much of a halo, although the bone mass can look dimorphic.

3) Dense eyebrows vs thick eyebrows

View attachment 1218906 vs View attachment 1218933

Eyebrows can be thick but sparse. The ideal is eyebrows that are both thick and dense.
I look better with colored lenses with limbal ring, but the pupil hole is too large, which doesn't look too realistic in bright environments.

Also, I wonder if a CW rotation of the posterior maxilla from chewing and growing the masseters, can actually improve under-eye support as well, by rotating cheekbone orientation, in a more forward direction.

Regarding eyebrows, I like having long, thick eyebrows in the middle part as well, but I realized that reducing eyebrow length from the inner part a bit (between the eyes), can actually give the illusion of wider IPD.

This pHD thesis said what the 100's of other eye area threads say but condensed down to one.

Good eye area is as important as jaw
You don't have to have hunter eyes to have good eye area

I'm negative tilted but no upper lid.
Negative tilt is the worst failo, it completely fucked up my eyes

Last edited:
What do you mean by PFL and PFL ratio?

no hunter no care

Gandy and Salih probably have the closest to an ideal eye area tbh. Good ratios so it doesn't look uncanny and it pretty much fills the "hunter criteria". It's literally the perfect blend of normie + PSL appeal.
What features would you say give them the normie appeal with good ratios and averageness and then what's the psl stirking factors?

what ratios are important to prevent one from looking uncanny eye area wise?