The obsession about DHT needs to end

I've seen a tonne of threads recently regarding "dht gel". DHT is worthless garbage that shouldn't at all exist in your body post puberty.

I can understand the appeal when you're IN puberty but let me tell you, as someone who has been through the wringer (pubertymaxxing) and tried essentially everything, DHT has been the most deleterious thing to my looks.

At 16 I literally bought androstanolone raws (identical dihydrotestosterone) and used DMSO to make a gel. I used it all over my doodle.

My penis GREW maybe a couple of cm in length and an imperceptible amount in girth. But how am I to attribute that to DHT? How can I know for certain that DHT was the sole reason my penis grew? I can't even say that my penis DIDN'T grow from DHT, it's unfalsifable.

My point is, my penis might've just grown to that length/girth regardless of DHT.

I did however, lose my hair and gained the worst acne of my life to which I have ONLY just now gotten under control with accutane and dutasteride (4 years later). I've used steroids on and off during those years but the acne was always persistant no matter what I did. Now that I'm on dutasteride, I haven't seen a single molecule of acne on my face/body (despite using steroids).

DHT is the primary driver of sebaceous gland hypetrophy/aberrant sebaceous gland signalling (AR/IGF1R complex), as 5α-reductase is HIGHLY expressed in sebaceous glands. Obviously it is also the primary androgen responsible for hairloss as it confers a far greater deal of androgenicity than testosterone or even other synthetic AAS.

Inhibiting DHT is honestly one of the biggest looksmaxxes you can do post-puberty. If you're in puberty go crazy and take the most androgenic steroids but don't fuck around with DHT at all, there are far better options than that worthless piece of shit.

You need to consider the risk to reward ratio. I don't consider the potential of bone growth worth the acne and hairloss. Dealing with scars is a behemoth task.

If you want penis growth head over to r/gettingbigger and do PE, don't waste a molecule of time with DHT.

How’s this ragebait? What do u have to contribute to this thread?
“The use of non‐aromatizable androgens, such as the use of the use of dihydrotestosterone in cis‐gender boys and oxandrolone in girls with Turner syndrome, has been found to increase height without advancing the bone age.”

"DHT increased skeletal mass by promoting bone growth and formation with concomitant increases in total body mass. DHT had greater effects on cortical bone and partially mitigated the suppressive effects of estrogen on bone growth and formation in the female skeleton."

• +1
Reactions: aboriginalmaxxing