The power of celibacy: ‘Giving up sex was a massive relief’

Andros

Andros

Kraken
Catherine Gray, the author of The Unexpected Joy of Being Single, gave up sex for a year in 2014. “Between the ages of 16 and 34, I hadn’t spent more than a few months single,” she says. “I felt incomplete without a plus-one and constantly hunted approval. I reached rock-bottom after being disproportionately crushed by the failure of a six-month relationship, so I decided to give up sex and dating for an entire year.”

1000.jpg

The comedian Eleanor Conway used to tell people that her three vices were drink, drugs and men. “I’ve always had an addictive personality,” she says. In 2014, she gave up the first two vices – “and my alcoholic behaviour transferred to Tinder. It’s so easy for a straight woman to date and find casual sex. It’s really fun, if you’re emotionally in the right place.” (It’s also great material if you are a comedian; it inspired her show You May Recognise Me from Tinder.) Over time, however, the “admin” of looking for matches became too much. “The dates became a drag and any sex I had as a result was rubbish. The more sober I got, the more difficult it was to engage in casual dating. It was like my superpower stopped working.”

In 2018, she tried celibacy for 10 months. “Surprisingly, it was a massive relief. I stopped seeing men as sex objects and females as competition.” Conway found her platonic relationships with men and women improved and she was able to focus on her career. She is open to a sexual relationship now, but she knows it will happen only if she has a true connection with a person.

3360.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751, turkproducer and BrettyBoy
In other words, Chads stopped showing interest in her where she lived, so she became celibate. Just lol at whores honestly.

• +1
Reactions: Ruby, Zeta ascended, john2 and 5 others
597199D343A41CB66A23F980EAFF0A943DD441B8

• JFL
Reactions: Ruby and turkproducer
Lying and virtue signaling for attention. She hasn't gone 2 weeks without sex. Guarantee it.

• +1
Reactions: Ruby, john2, turkproducer and 2 others
Another brick in the wall

• +1
Reactions: Ruby
Lying and virtue signaling for attention. She hasn't gone 2 weeks without sex. Guarantee it.
She was writing that post with a Chad's dick in mouth,tyrones cocks in ass and pussy with jerking off chad with other hand

• JFL
Reactions: LookistWorld
I would show her a good time sexually.

Guten morgen
Sdsd