The reason why you think you are shorter when with other people

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
I just took a measure tape and measured from my hairline to the very top of my head and i found out it's around 4.5-5cm difference! This basically gives the answer why many people can look like their your height even if they are like 5cm shorter, it's because the end of their head is taller then your eye level and it gives this illusion basically. For someone to truly be your height the top of his head must tower your eye level, but with this you get the illusion that he is taller then you even if this is not true

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 3123, oldcell and 3 others
yeah tbh
some look as tall as me
but when we take a photo or in a mirror im clearly taller

biggest manlet cope I have ever fucking heard.

You have a point though

I just took a measure tape and measured from my hairline to the very top of my head and i found out it's around 4.5-5cm difference! This basically gives the answer why many people can look like their your height even if they are like 5cm shorter, it's because the end of their head is taller then your eye level and it gives this illusion basically. For someone to truly be your height the top of his head must tower your eye level, but with this you get the illusion that he is taller then you even if this is not true
I feel so low IQ for not realising this. I don't really feel that tall but I mog everybody dramatically

best way to roughly tell if your taller or shorter than the people around you is to compare there eye level to yours
if your eyes are above there eye level your most likely taller than them.
if your eyes are below there eye level your most likely shorter than them
if your eyes are at the same level your most likely the same height
this isnt always 100% accurate though as everyone has a different size head
also the distance from your eyes to the top of your head is usually 3-4 inches

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
You either have a HUGE brain or your hairline is really low (or you measured wrong), 4.5-5cm is too much 3-3.5 is more realistic

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
best way to roughly tell if your taller or shorter than the people around you is to compare there eye level to yours
Distance from my chin to my hairline is 20cm, and from hairline to top of head almost 5cm

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Distance from my chin to my hairline is 20cm, and from hairline to top of head almost 5cm
Thats 25.cm wtf thats like 99th percentile Head length.You sure?

The distance from ur eyelevel to the top of ur head is around 4.5 inches

main-qimg-9161ced9fab5cc67379ad899132b4507

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 2352
i have problem with comparing eye area often

• +1
Reactions: jjm4765
the distance from the top of my head to my eye level is just a lil over 4 inches, makes me look like even more more of a manlet though as my eyes look far down compared to my tall friends with small skulls

Uhm okayy
the distance from the top of my head to my eye level is just a lil over 4 inches, makes me look like even more more of a manlet though as my eyes look far down compared to my tall friends with small skulls
Thats below average then so you should look taller.4.5 inches from eye to top of head is male average

• JFL
Reactions: Butthurt Dweller
i have problem with comparing eye area often
its kinda hard to tell because of many factors such as uneven ground, posture and you have to be standing pretty close to the person to be able to tell, just try and stand beside one of your friends and look at there face and eyes and you can probably tell.

Yes i am sure, i have a big skull, 4-5cm from hairline to top head, 7cm from hairline to upper eyelids, and 13cm from upper eyelids to end of chin
Yeah i actually have a head shape like Shimon Peres, thats why it's almost 5cm from hairline to top

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 2352