The recurring universe theory

AlexAP

AlexAP

Kraken
It states that the universe is constantly repeating itself, meaning everything that ever happened will happen again. The universe will end in a big crunch, then a big bang will happen again and everything that happened in the former universe will happen again, then it will end in a big crunch again, then a new big bang, etc., forever.

For some reason, I find this theory comforting. It means that what we do will not be gone forever, it will repeat at some point. But the bad thing: All the bad things that happened to us will happen again. In other words, you will mog again, but you will be mogged again, too. Gandy and trucels will exist again.

Anyway, it sounds better than being gone forever.

The Poincaré recurrence theorem states that certain dynamical systems, such as particles of gas in a sealed container, will return infinitely often to a state arbitrarily close to their original state. (...) Attempts have been made to prove or disprove the possibility of Poincaré recurrence in a system the size of a galaxy or a universe.

Philosopher Michael Huemer has argued that if this is so, then reincarnation can be proved by a person's current existence, using Bayesian probability theory.

• +1
Reactions: Debetro and Deleted member 28691
It states that the universe is constantly repeating itself, meaning everything that ever happened will happen again.
Theory checks out, I'm always getting rejected by women and it keeps happening over and over.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29581, Debetro and AlexAP
Theory checks out, I'm always getting rejected by women and it keeps happening over and over.
And it will repeat in a new universe in 15 trillion years again ... :hnghn:

i will break the cycle just to get laid

Interesting theory of Michael Huemer on the best afterlife:

3. Reincarnation > Heaven

What might God do instead?
It would make more sense for a god to send us back into the world, to live this sort of existence again. Each life involves meaningful struggles in the face of adversity, the exercise of free will, and the opportunity to exhibit virtue. It never gets old, because we forget everything at the end of each lifetime. It can go on for eternity in that way.

I feel more comfortable believing once we die there's nothing else, it makes sense to me

low iq theory get real

• Hmm...
Reactions: AlexAP
I like to believe that incels were actually promiscuous and lustful in a previous reincarnation, like maybe in a past life I was a prince with a harem and all I did was drive slaves fuck bitches and eat fine food.

So being a sexless slave now is the universes way of karmically balancing things out until I learn whatever lesson I needed to learn. if I don't learn it in this lifetime I'll probably be reborn as a pig or worm

• JFL
Reactions: AlexAP
Fuck, I will live the same life for eternity as an incel! @Matthias8272

science used to be too logical and required more imagination. now we have the opposite problem: science needs to become more rational again because most of the proposals are so ridiculously far-fetched and based on next to nothing, then they pretend to 'prove it' when they haven't even entered the realm of reality. they're just talking shit hoping to 'contribute' cause they have to make papers on something. and their arrogance is astounding. 'quantum mechanics is totally random' like it's a fact when the logical conclusion is we simply haven't discovered what is causing the movements.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
There's no perspective from which to say it is repeating itself. When you say "repeat itself" you're basically saying something like "square circle." It only sounds like it makes sense; it's not actually coherent. It only seems like it makes sense because you imagine yourself watching it repeat from an outside perspective, but such a perspective doesn't really exist.